Why hasnt there been more pressure on st kilda over the years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stadium is already there, all we need is for the AFL to schedule a couple of games against low drawing interstate clubs and we are laughing.

20k at Moorabbin would make more money for the club than 30-35k at Marvel but that would need the AFL and corporate cronies agreeing to forego direct revenue in favour of the Saints getting it.

That is the issue though, there should be no such thing as a "low drawing interstate club", if there truly are not too many clubs in Melbourne, they should be able to attract their own supporters to a game, no matter who the opposition is. It can be done in Adelaide and Perth consistently.

That is the issue though, there should be no such thing as a "low drawing interstate club", if there truly are not too many clubs in Melbourne, they should be able to attract their own supporters to a game, no matter who the opposition is. It can be done in Adelaide and Perth consistently.

Saints pulling a low crowd vs interstate teams is not unique to us though. Tell me how much better most Melbourne teams do on that point.

Saints pulling a low crowd vs interstate teams is not unique to us though. Tell me how much better most Melbourne teams do on that point.
Do not disagree, it is not just St Kilda that should be in question. North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Melbourne also have insufficient supporter bases to remain as standalone entities in Melbourne.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do not disagree, it is not just St Kilda that should be in question. North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Melbourne also have insufficient supporter bases to remain as standalone entities in Melbourne.

St Kilda had a greater average home attendance than Brisbane in 2019. Should they merge again?

There is far more to it than just attendances.

St Kilda had a greater average home attendance than Brisbane in 2019. Should they merge again?

There is far more to it than just attendances.
It is more important to have the region of Brisbane represented than the suburb of St Kilda.

Brisbane is not located in the biggest football market, what is St Kilda's excuse?

Yawn, you are a broken record pal.

The number of teams is only going to increase, especially in Melbourne which is pumping in another Adelaide worth of people every 3-4 years.

How about the Richmond Suns? Would make sense since you've poached so many of the Suns players over the years.

Didn't Geelong get millions in handouts from the AFL and the Vic government to redevelop their home ground? A ground that gives you a big financial advantage over most other clubs in the AFL that have to share their home grounds with other clubs.

three hundred million dollars, that's $300,000,000

What's the return on investment for the league on that?
Geelong supporters (and in state terms, residents) talking about viability is like Joe Hockey talking about 'lifters and leaners'. They don't really understand which one they are.
300 million would do wonders for the A-league LoL

Lol.

These three ”useless”clubs are integral to the history of the Crows.

The only time your so-called powerhouse club had success was when they were pitted against these minnows in September. Probably the only way you will be successful again is if you come up against say the Dogs or Saints.

Would be a shame for Adelaide to lose a large part of their history if what you want to happen actually did take place. Be careful what you wish for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not your intention but that's a pretty callous thing to say mate. You're hoping a deadly virus is still causing havoc in 4 months so your team doesn't have to fly to China and lose.

Not really, I would just prefer them to cancel it right now to be honest.

Get the highest distribution of any Vic club and verging on non-Vic club levels.

Have the highest debt of any Vic club.

Haven't known success in decades.

St Kilda need this year's recruiting spree to come off.

Wouldn't be surprised if they get a Dogs 2016 style AFL assisted run to the finals as a revenue subsidy.

Are the Brisbane Lions really still considered an "expansion club"?

If that is the attitude, then hey, North is one too, as is Richmond.

Brisbane is the only 1. All the other non victorian clubs are doing fine.

Pretty sure Brisbane also in 2019 made money so will be an interesting list for last years payments compared to 2018. IMG_0138.JPG

P.s also fine with calling those clubs expansion clubs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brisbane is the only 1. All the other non victorian clubs are doing fine.

Pretty sure Brisbane also in 2019 made money so will be an interesting list for last years payments compared to 2018.View attachment 825268

P.s also fine with calling those clubs expansion clubs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

St Kilda are getting almost what Brisbane does again.

It is amazing really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back