Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theexmuslim.com/2016/10/27/southern_poverty_law_center_loses_the_plot/

Civil rights organization Southern Poverty Law Center has identified 15 "anti-muslim extremists", and included Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Maajid Nawaz on their list. Naming Nawaz in particular is absolutely ridiculous and shows just how backward some liberals are on this issue. Their evidence for Nawaz (a reformist Muslim) being an anti-Muslim extremist consists of:

- claims that many of his former associates (extremist Muslims) have disputed the story of his de-radicalization...so ******* what...what else would they say?
- a quote where he said that violent Islamists and non-violent Islamists have the same ideology but different tactics...no ******* s**t
- his opinion that the niqab should be banned in banks and other "identity sensitive environments"...perfectly reasonable
- his re-tweeting of a cartoon depicting Muhammed accompanied by his opinion that god should be greater than to be offended...good on him
- claims from a Muslim strip club owner that he tried to touch a lap dancer...which is both unsubstantiated and irrelevant

Most of the above took incredible bravery and earned him death threats from extremist Muslims. He is a reformer, a man who still considers himself a Muslim but is trying to drag the religion into the 21st century, and for a western non-Muslim civil rights organization to make these accusations is outrageous.

tanks being mobilised in jakarta in preparation for the protest/ riot. the protest is due to someone saying something that was considered blasphemy

14947805_10154183308114151_7077442145595927881_n.jpg

Can you imagine the outrage if i criticised Muslims like i am to the Christians in the other thread. Thank god insulting christianity means im not racist, as long as you dont diss Islam..
The problem is, many people seem unable to distinguish Islam from entire countries. When people criticise Christianity, it is not an attack on Australia or America. Plenty of criticisms of Islam are just code for criticising brown people in strange foreign countries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is, many people seem unable to distinguish Islam from entire countries. When people criticise Christianity, it is not an attack on Australia or America. Plenty of criticisms of Islam are just code for criticising brown people in strange foreign countries.
what you say is true however legitimate crticism of Islam should be allowed, as they say play the ball not the man. I have criticised every religion here including Islam. No one said a thing to me when i was grilling Hinduism (brown people involved), no one said anything to me when i was talking about the barbaric christian practices in Africa, however if i replace the christian word with Muslim, i will become a racist. Religion is just **** we are better off without it.

Is it? If people label Islam as that then they are truly clueless.

(Former thread: Sick of Islam-phobia)

I think todays comments by Sonia Kruger have tipped me over the edge. I understand there are the possibility of radicals within the Muslim fraternity but this has got to far, the bashing of this religion is ludicrous. The consistent rhetoric around Muslims will not assist in fighting extremists from within and now may serve to only inspire those thinking of causing such harm to do so. IMO the only way we are going to counter extremists from any religion or general back ground is a collaborated approach that doesn't harbour hate and distain.

I'm tipped over the edge , the fourpeat , down the drain, it can be nothing but Islam , or ISIS they have to be to blame for only three premierships in a row.

I agree to the extent. Don't play the man play the ball.

I can hate the ideology of North Korean totalitarian ideology without hating North Koreans. For they are born in that part of the world and have no say.

I can hate the ideologue of bikies and the Hells Angels without having anything personally against your average bogan member who was just born/mixed/circumstance led them to that circle.

Just as I can hate .............you see where I'm going.

In fact why do we as Humanity even tolerate Religion and their bullshit anymore?

There are 3 dominant Religions in the world today.

1) Mutalate their genitals still.

2) Another have upteem royal Co missions into Paedophilia going on where they have a major foot hold.

3) Another seemingly can not co-exist with any other Culture, Religion or belief system and anywhere they reach a significant number violence and terrorism emerges.

I realise people will always ask deep questions and there is a battle for hearts and minds but surely by now Religion has lost the battle.

Your right mate. Religion has lost the battle in a modern informed world. Being nice to your neighbour, all 7 billion of us is one way , but impossible I guess. Religion has created things for the human race using fear and make believe.
We have to survive the interim, these next few hundred years, and maybe, before the Sun disappears we may evolve into something nice and the world will be a ripper of a planet, for a few centuries.
Everyone could play sport and do interesting things, and not kill each other, go to the movies read books make movies , write stories, protect animals, It could happen if we evolved. You and I won't see it.
If we evolved to a point where we actually had a brain like a good dog!
Of course you have to understand that Hawthorn would still be winning grand finals, that's one thing impossible to change.
Seriously religion has a lot to answer for , and I believe down the track if we do get through our changing times and evolve into a better animal , we won't need it to start wars etc, I think it might happen.
But I'm with you religion is getting seen through more and more every day.
And I understand your comment about North Korea , it doesn't make a normal North Korean a worse person, it makes them a product of their circumstance, just like all of us.

Oh nonsense.
You and others like you around these parts are the ones labelling people by race and brownness.
FFS,I'm a dark looking dude,most have no idea what nationality I am.
I couldn't careless what nationality or race anyone is,but I sure am interested and always engage with people on this level after the small talk has ended.
It's a rational course or question when trying to learn more about someone,asking their families background,it's goddammed interesting and necessary if you are genuinely interested in the individual.
Islam is an ideology and that's all it is as far as I'm concerned,I'd suggest that the people that cry racist or bigot when islam is brought up are the ones that have issues with the brown people,of which I am one.
Islam is not a race,if you think it is you are an idiot and I pose this question to you,"Are Saudi Arabian Muslims the same "race" as Indonesian Muslims"?
I reserve the right to mock satire ridicule blaspheme Islam as much as I do Christianity Judaism Mormonism Hinduism Buddhism etc etc etc
Just on that,Jews are the only ones of the Abrahamic nonsense that can claim creed and race as the same thing.
If those pathetic UN blasphemy laws or anything like them get passed it will surely be the end of freedom and the true bigots an racists actually win the argument.
So stfu about Islam being about fear of brown persons whenever it's challenged!
Edit:just have a look at the regressive stupidity that landed the UK gymnast a banning for daring to mock islam.
It's the beginning of the end when you can't take the piss!
What's next?

Last edited:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...lver-medal-ridiculous-dangerous-a7393636.html

A 2 month ban for taking the piss out of Muslim prayers.

"The supposed apology that has been issued by the two men falls well short of addressing the hurt caused against Muslims” - says some spineless tosser from the Muslim Council of Britain.

Meanwhile, Smith is receiving daily death threats from "hurt" Muslims. How can a group of people be simultaneously so easily offended and so hateful?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...lver-medal-ridiculous-dangerous-a7393636.html

"The supposed apology that has been issued by the two men falls well short of addressing the hurt caused against Muslims” - says some spineless tosser from the Muslim Council of Britain.

Meanwhile, Smith is receiving daily death threats from "hurt" Muslims. How can a group of people be simultaneously so easily offended and so hateful?

Because and I know I'm saying the obvious. They aren't hurt but want a reason to punish a non muslim

So much for freedom of speech even in Europe! but you know, its wahaabism only ;) result of US foreign policy

I reserve the right to mock satire ridicule blaspheme Islam as much as I do Christianity Judaism Mormonism Hinduism Buddhism etc etc etc
I don't have a problem with that at all and I have liked many of your posts however I get p$ssed off with those that can't separate the religion from individuals especially when you see these idiots on the street abusing innocent women and children because they are wearing a head scarf.
Have spoken out on two separate occasions to these ignorant idiots and would do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back