Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
You keep editing what I wrote, to then extrapolate from and make a false assumption.

What I wrote:
In general when a *person* thinks of a muslim, they aren't thinking about some middle class white family, but an impoverished dark skinned refugee.
What you keep editing it to:
when a person thinks of a Muslim, they think of a dark skinned refugee.​

Would it have been easier it I'd just outright said bigot, instead of *person*? You have to be careful what language you use around snowflakes on this site...
Then say bigot instead of being cute with the word person. And don't stoop to using tired words like snowflake, you're better than that.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Do you have any evidence that this is the truth?
I've certainly read plenty of anecdotal stories. One could likely dig up the stats on the number of male refugees that send for their family after being granted refugee status to confirm the stories, but I'm not going that far. Then there's just common sense; who would send a child across the Mediterranean on a leaky boat, where thousands have died, if they had any other option. Unless we want to believe that refugees don't care about their kids.

Illinois Nazi

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
Assault isn't illegal if you consent to it. If an Islamic women is into a bit of tawse action then go for it.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Assault isn't illegal if you consent to it. If an Islamic women is into a bit of tawse action then go for it.

Was waiting for someone to go the S&M angle....And your Av name hasn't disappointed in delivering the goods.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Upon contemplation, I think the idea that a woman should be able to choose to be disciplined is wrong. It opens up a gray area where a woman could be forced to tell people that she's okay with it when she really isn't.

If that was the case with even 1% of women who agreed to be disciplined, is it worth it to let them suffer in silence? I wouldn't think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a complex issue.

On one side, two consenting adults can do what they like behind closed doors. Hey S&M isn't illegal, so why or how should consenting punishment be an issue.

On the other hand
1) where does consent begin and stop?
2) what are the boundaries?
3) what happens when the family includes children? They can't consent legally for 18 years to live in this environment.

In short s**t women deserve s**t men (all race and all religion). Sadly, no child deserves s**t parents.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Why is Muhammad (or other variations) a much more popular name than Jesus?

Beats me.

images
images

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
I don't think we have a right to tell Muslim women that they can't be hit by their husbands for disobedience. There is a very black and white take on hitting women that is repeated in the media and by the government, yet it is in reality a lot more complex than that. If someone wants to be hit by their husband for disobedience, then why should they listen to Daniel Andrews or some other state politician instead? It's a bit arrogant to think that these politicians have the answers and know it all about how women should be treated imo. There's a bit of white supremacy in the disapproval that has been raised on all of this. Also some misogyny. Very disturbing.

I don't think we have a right to tell Muslim women that they can't be hit by their husbands for disobedience. There is a very black and white take on hitting women that is repeated in the media and by the government, yet it is in reality a lot more complex than that. If someone wants to be hit by their husband for disobedience, then why should they listen to Daniel Andrews or some other state politician instead? It's a bit arrogant to think that these politicians have the answers and know it all about how women should be treated imo. There's a bit of white supremacy in the disapproval that has been raised on all of this. Also some misogyny. Very disturbing.

It's misogyny to think a woman shouldn't be hit for "disobedience"

...just because people want to state that abuse is okay according to some s**t interpretation of religion?:drunk:

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
What a complex issue.

On one side, two consenting adults can do what they like behind closed doors. Hey S&M isn't illegal, so why or how should consenting punishment be an issue.

On the other hand
1) where does consent begin and stop?
2) what are the boundaries?
3) what happens when the family includes children? They can't consent legally for 18 years to live in this environment.

In short s**t women deserve s**t men (all race and all religion). Sadly, no child deserves s**t parents.
Wrong wrong and wrong
This is the attempted beginning of trying to usher in religious belief superiority over the hosts laws.
It is sharia watered down.
Where are the feminists?
Didn't see or hear from one,yet the peanuts in here make it about S&M,which is perfectly legal,whereas violent physical abuse against ones partner is not!!
* you people have your heads so far up your liberal arses sometimes.
That video is a ******* disgrace.
Next you'll see people arguing for Sharia courts to decipher against actual abuse and Islamic and quaranic observed wife beating.
This is exactly how and why Britain has these religious courts and Muslim women are being abused and treated like the second class citizens the quran allows them to be.
Remember it takes four male witnesses to prove that you were raped.
You only get half as much as your brothers in inheritance.
You word is only worth half that of a man in court.
"Islam is the most feminist religion"
"Islam is a religion of peace"
Oh spare me!

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Wrong wrong and wrong
This is the attempted beginning of trying to usher in religious belief superiority over the hosts laws.
It is sharia watered down.
Where are the feminists?
Didn't see or hear from one,yet the peanuts in here make it about S&M,which is perfectly legal,whereas violent physical abuse against ones partner is not!!
**** you people have your heads so far up your liberal arses sometimes.
That video is a ******* disgrace.
Next you'll see people arguing for Sharia courts to decipher against actual abuse and Islamic and quaranic observed wife beating.
This is exactly how and why Britain has these religious courts and Muslim women are being abused and treated like the second class citizens the quran allows them to be.
Remember it takes four male witnesses to prove that you were raped.
You only get half as much as your brothers in inheritance.
You word is only worth half that of a man in court.
"Islam is the most feminist religion"
"Islam is a religion of peace"
Oh spare me!
There's a very simple answer to that. Their new favourite concept 'intersectionality' means that they see Muslims as victims, therefore they must protect them against the evils of the white patriarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back