Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol
So basically every muslim that signed that declaration are saying that the quran is "not" the "literal" word of allah!
Good,then we can have an open discussion without moderators banning me or others from threads for my honest and open opinions about quranic/sura/Hadith doctrine and its literal interpretations?
Can we get a mod in here?

If you think I'm defending Islam, you're sorely mistaken.

If you just stopped and took a deep breath, you'd realise the point is - western culture is no better.

There's an entire thread on DV, right on this forum. Hundreds, maybe thousands of posts. I don't believe I've ever seen you post in there. So, quite frankly, I take your feigned outrage for what it is.
Simply another long winded and boring rant against a religion.. and nothing to do with DV.

If you just stopped and took a deep breath, you'd realise the point is - western culture is no better.

There's an entire thread on DV, right on this forum. Hundreds, maybe thousands of posts. I don't believe I've ever seen you post in there. So, quite frankly, I take your feigned outrage for what it is.
Simply another long winded and boring rant against a religion.. and nothing to do with DV.

Do you honestly believe that western culture is no better than Saudi culture, or other areas with similar Islamic laws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you honestly believe that western culture is no better than Saudi culture, or other areas with similar Islamic laws?

I think you understood the context of what I said.

There is more outrage in this thread, on a video about dv, than actual incidents of women being killed.

A woman being murdered with an axe, in a shopping centre. Meh.

Two stupid women making a video, oh whaoaaaa. Now there's a headline.

It doesn't have to be. We are stuck with the idiots is Australia that think dv is ok, and we need to deal with them in an effective way. Education or jail. With the immigrants we have another choice, education, jail or deport. No sense for increasing a problem we already have.

There is more outrage in this thread, on a video about dv, than actual incidents of women being killed.

That's probably because the idea of women actively consenting to DV is so far removed from anything we experience in our society.

It's no different than how an airplane crash is so much more newsworthy than the multitude of smokers and heart disease victims a year. A plane crash is so uncommon!

So we are pretending domestic violence is a multicultural issue?
Still pointing I see?
This is not a discussion about multiculturalism,this is a thread directly related to the video,where to Observants of Muhammed are openly expressing that by the letter of islamic law,it is "ok" to beat your wife.
Stop trying to derail!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't have to be. We are stuck with the idiots is Australia that think dv is ok, and we need to deal with them in an effective way. Education or jail. With the immigrants we have another choice, education, jail or deport. No sense for increasing a problem we already have.

I'm all for education, and bringing DV out in the open. I'm not sure the citizenship status of these women, or their husbands has been established.

That's probably because the idea of women actively consenting to DV is so far removed from anything we experience in our society.

It's no different than how an airplane crash is so much more newsworthy than the multitude of smokers and heart disease victims a year. A plane crash is so uncommon!

Granted, I was quite annoyed at this video and comments initially. For all the work that has gone on in the past few years to bring DV out in the open. Then this? No. However, it has allowed leaders of the islamic community to make a clear statement. If the Islamic community was silent, if they tried to gloss over it I could understand some of this fake outrage displayed in this thread.

I think it impact is it shows how entrenched and ingrained some actions are in cultures/religions.

Still pointing I see?
This is not a discussion about multiculturalism,this is a thread directly related to the video,where to Observants of Muhammed are openly expressing that by the letter of islamic law,it is "ok" to beat your wife.
Stop trying to derail!
No; it's just another islam thread.

As 90% of threads devolve to.

DV is a male problem.

95% a male problem.

Jacinta Nampijinpa Price shared Bess Nungarrayi Price MLA :: Member for Stuart's photo.
March 8 ·
I would like to share this from International Women's Day 2013 to honour my mother, my grandmother and all women on this day. My mother was an MLA as part of the NT Government at the time and the speech was given to female inmates at the Alice Springs Prison.

Bess Nungarrayi Price MLA :: Member for Stuart
March 8, 2013 ·
My daughter Jacinta gave this speech this morning for International Womens Day. She was also asked to sing a few songs. Being the proud Walpuri mother that I am I have pinched a copy of her speech to share on my facebook site. She doesn't know that I found it and I think it tells a good story. I hope you enjoy it as well. I have also attached a photo of the three generations of women - me, my mother and daughter.

Good morning. My name is Jacinta Nampijinpa Price. My family come from Yuendumu and Newcastle New South Wales and I have grown up in Alice Springs. Throughout my life I have learned to live and understand two cultures, my father’s Anglo-Celtic culture and my mother’s Warlpiri culture. I am a lucky person to have grown up learning both ways. It is not easy trying to balance two completely different cultures. I now believe that as human beings we are capable of great things once we choose to embrace our challenges. You can not know real achievement, real success until you have failed, made mistakes or known suffering. Real change and real growth can only come from owning and understanding your mistakes and sufferings and knowing you must learn from them. Knowing you have choices and choosing to make the better choices is how you learn from your mistakes. As women I believe we have the strength to do this, to push ourselves to become the strong individuals we are capable of being.
I want to tell you a little about my life’s story starting with the extraordinary women in my life. My grandmother Clara Nakamarra France grew up in Warlpiri country. It wasn’t until she was probably about nine that she saw white fellas for the first time. She went on in life to become a mother of eleven children, my mother being number 9 of those eleven. By the time my mother had come along my grandmother was exhausted from giving birth in the bush without the help of the wonderful technology our hospitals have to offer these days and looking after so many children already. In the ten years before my mother was born my grandmother had lost four sons as babies and had one daughter stolen from her.
My grandmother had decided she didn’t want my mother so she left her on the ground for a snake to take her. But then my mother’s Aunts and sister intervened taking her into their care until my grandmother felt strong enough to take care of her again. My grandmother’s time of weakness, is not something my mother holds against her but instead understands the incredible challenge she faced. Back then you didn’t have doctors to diagnose you with post natal depression and a team of mental health experts to sort you out. What my grandmother did have was family, strong women and a loyal husband, to help pick up the pieces until she was well again.
The daughter taken from her who was one of twins my grandmother was told by whitefellas that she had died. We believe this was done as the whitefellas may have feared the babies life might be in danger. It was impossible for one woman to breast feed and carry twins in the desert and often, in the very old days, a twin may be killed to ensure a family group’s survival. This is certainly not what my grandmother would have done. Despite this our family have known the whereabouts of my aunty who was taken away. She was given to a family at Santa Teresa who raised her. They told my family that she was there with them and brought up their way. She has and still does remain in contact with our family.
A couple of years ago we lost my grandmother, she’d outlived my grandfather the man she loved deeply and who loved her as deeply. He was a strong law man who understood he had to move with the rapidly changing times in order to survive. He always worked and provided for his family and had his family’s best interests at heart. My grandmother also outlived 8 of her 11 children. Some had died as infants and some to alcohol abuse in adulthood, leaving behind children, my cousins. All of this my grandmother endured, things no mother should have to endure. But despite the incredible loss my grandmother faced in her lifetime, she also understood that life was hard, it’s bloody hard. She was also a woman who had her family’s best interests at heart. She also worked to provide for her family and in a lifetime of incredible change she maintained her dignity, her humour and her love for her family and not once had I ever heard her complain about anything that had happened to her.
This is not where my story ends. Next is my mother, another of my heroes. Born under a tree near Yuendumu and growing up in a humpy, my mother was promised to her older sister’s husband, a man much older then her. At this stage in her life she began to portray the characteristics of a radical, a free thinker if you like. She disagreed with the idea of being a second wife and would run away or threaten to jump off houses or trees if she were to be forced to live in her promised husband’s camp. In the end she managed to gain my grandfather’s support and her promised husband decided to give up his claim as this young lady was too rebellious.
My mother however went on to become a mother to her boyfriend at the age of 13, in a relationship that turned out to become like a living hell. My brother’s father would beat our mother, keep her locked away from her family and attempt to violently break her free spirit. He would leave their home to be unfaithful and then violently abuse her because he felt it was his right to. By the time my mother was 16 my white fella father had moved to Yuendumu with his first wife to be a teacher. It was my mother’s sister’s husband, who had befriended him first making him Jangala, his brother. While my mother’s marriage to her first husband was nothing more than physical and psychological abuse, my father’s marriage to his first wife had soon ended not long after being in Yuendumu. The time after all of this was the time my parents found one another, a time when they sought peace and happiness in each other. My mother’s family saw and understood what was happening and my father sought, and was granted, permission from my grandfather and my mother’s original promised husband to marry her. My grandfather saw a way out for my mother, a better chance at having a fulfilling life. So my parents left Yuendumu together with my brother to create their own life but the challenges certainly didn’t stop there.
When I was three my brother died of childhood Leukaemia, a loss that shattered our little family. We were all with him when he died. I learnt from a young age what life is capable of delivering to you and that I had to be a strong little girl for my mum and dad. I’ve observed the strength my mother showed after the loss of my brother and as a mother I admire her incredible courage. A couple of years following our loss my mother fell ill and was diagnosed with acute kidney failure. When, after a 15 hour bus ride from, Batchelor near Darwin to Alice Springs my mother could barely stand. Throughout the trip she could not sleep. She was later told by doctors had she done so she may have slipped into a coma and never woken up again. With this she was flown to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Adelaide where she would be treated, undergoing dialysis until her younger brother was able to donate one of his kidneys to her. As a little girl I feared for my mother’s life, I’d seen my brother die and I didn’t want to see her die as well. She tells me today that she remembers her body shutting down and feeling at peace as if ready to slip away from us. But then she remembered mine and my dad’s miserable faces and thought she would stay here in this life for us. I am thankful my mother had the strength to stay in this world. Many of you may know her she is now a member of the NT legislative assembly, Bess Price the member for Stuart. Her struggles she shares with her people now. She knows suffering and loss and chooses to challenge these. She and my grandmother are two of my greatest heroes.
I am a mother of three, a musician, a performer, a woman who has had a career in the Arts, Television, Music and Community Development. I was married at 18, I first became a mother at the age of 17 when I was finishing my last year at high school. It was that year for me that I decided I had to give my everything as my future as a parent was right on my doorstep. Choosing to embrace my challenge ahead I finished the year with the NT Indigenous top achiever award. I loved the time when my children were babies. These were very happy years but at 27 I separated from my husband, we’d just grown up and grown apart. I then found myself in a relationship with a man who turned out to be an abusive liar, I was left with black eyes, 7 stitches in my head and a deflated self esteem. I chose to end this relationship, to charge this man who has since fled the NT and never faced court for his wrong doing. I decided I would never put myself or my children in a situation where that would happen again, not for anyone.
In my moments of weakness when I feel like giving up I choose not to. Despite what I have been through I choose to be that hero for my children. I choose to teach my sons to respect themselves, respect others and as young men to respect women. I choose to understand the women who have influenced me in my life because despite what we go through as women we are strong and we are in charge of our own destiny. We deserve to be respected. We deserve to have our stories heard and understood. We deserve to become the women we are capable of being but we have to believe these things for ourselves. You women are here because you know sorrow, you know suffering. You must now see these as your blessings, your key to creating a better life for yourselves and your families. You have the opportunity to change your world. Remember your ancestors and those women who have come before you and now believe in yourself to make a positive change. Today I am honoured to be here with you to celebrate international women’s day. This is our day wherever we are in the world, whatever colour we are, whatever language we speak, whatever challenges we face. Thank you.

DV is a male problem.
You intellectual infant.
I know men that have left their wives for fear of their own safety.
I have also had to have a woman removed from my house for fear that she would kill me.
Your an absolute lying leftist apologist!

Wrong wrong wrong
I have posted in there.
Secular societies are better.
This is about indroctrinated literal religious "domestic violence",you can't even bring yourself to write those words can you?
Abbreviated to spare your liberal sensitivities no doubt!
If long winded is 4/5 concise lines,then you are the boring dullard fool here,as attested by your above post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back