Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an argument that always gets made after a terror attack that most of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims are moderate, but the views of a "moderate" Muslim aren't what we would consider moderate views at all. Yes, there are Christian bigots and extremists and most of us are happy to call them out as such, but a moderate Christian's values are much closer progressive Western values than a moderate Muslim's.

I'd love to see what would happen if the shoe were on the other foot....If Arabs were the power & pushed the line that all Christians were fundamentalists & then proceeded to kill almost 3 million by bombing & destroying 7 different Western European nations & dispersing over 20 million.

Then, when the occasional reprisal comes back the other way, all the Arabic MSM news says: " See, we told you".:rolleyes:o_O:oops:

The facebook pages of Atheist Republic (1.6 million followers) and Ex-Muslims of Nth America (24 thousand followers) have been shut down after massive co-ordinated reporting campaigns by Muslims. Search facebook for "report anti-islamic pages" and there are 97 results for groups, many with thousands of members. These groups instruct their members on how to use the facebook reporting system to have any pages or accounts that "offend Islam" restricted or shut down. For comparison, a search for "report anti-Christian pages" or "report anti-Semitic pages" get no results. "Report racist pages" has 3 results.

Allah must be weak as piss for Muslims to have to be so oversensitive and scared of criticism.

I like to think its because most of us reject bullshit

What you reject is the Divine because most Westerners are either trapped in or sucked into a pseudo-techno simulacra world....In other words....Dissociated from themselves & the real thing.

What you reject is the Divine because most Westerners are either trapped in or sucked into a pseudo-techno simulacra world....In other words....Dissociated from themselves & the real thing.
Please advise. What is the real thing? Not really expecting an answer. Professional gum flappers provide zilch. Keep punching that keyboard with whatever baseless assertion leaks into that thing you laughingly call a mind.

Please advise. What is the real thing? Not really expecting an answer. Professional gum flappers provide zilch. Keep punching that keyboard with whatever baseless assertion leaks into that thing you laughingly call a mind.

Go out into your garden skilts....If you have one.....Take off your shoes & socks.

Now soak in the rays while standing on some nice turf & survey the nature around you.

Oh, & this:

Gums flapped......Happy Mother's day.;)

Hard night snookums.
As a matter of fact, yes. I find being unable to walk or sleep due to incipient, excruciating, crippling hip pain less than enthralling. Well spotted you. Life is never dull. It would keep me on my toes, were I able. Feeling a bit better today. Thanks for asking, though your post did lack the requisite question mark to qualify as a enquiry. I post this in the hope that you are fitter than me, and in the hope you are able to keep yourself on your toes, especially with your punctuation.:blush:

As a matter of fact, yes. I find being unable to walk or sleep due to incipient, excruciating, crippling hip pain less than enthralling. Well spotted you. Life is never dull. It would keep me on my toes, were I able. Feeling a bit better today. Thanks for asking, though your post did lack the requisite question mark to qualify as a enquiry. I post this in the hope that you are fitter than me, and in the hope you are able to keep yourself on your toes, especially with your punctuation.:blush:

Sorry to hear that....Pain does have a tendency to manifest itself through dialogue....Hope you're feeling better soon.

Nobody I know would or could reject the Divine, I've found it in some unusual spaces never however, in a place of worship where organised religion sets up. It's that I reject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody I know would or could reject the Divine, I've found it in some unusual spaces never however, in a place of worship where organized religion sets up. It's that I reject.

The dropping of bombs on & murder of innocent civilians - No matter what race, creed or religion - Is a rejection of & denial of the divine in us all.

And it's the inevitable outcome when $$$ & materialism rules the world.

The dropping of bombs on & murder of innocent civilians - No matter what race, creed or religion - Is a rejection of & denial of the divine in us all.

And it's the inevitable outcome when $$$ & materialism rules the world.

Lot of us marched against war on Iraq, it happened anyway. And I can't critique organised religion as I do and give Islam a free pass without calling myself a flaming hypocrite.

The facebook pages of Atheist Republic (1.6 million followers) and Ex-Muslims of Nth America (24 thousand followers) have been shut down after massive co-ordinated reporting campaigns by Muslims. Search facebook for "report anti-islamic pages" and there are 97 results for groups, many with thousands of members. These groups instruct their members on how to use the facebook reporting system to have any pages or accounts that "offend Islam" restricted or shut down. For comparison, a search for "report anti-Christian pages" or "report anti-Semitic pages" get no results. "Report racist pages" has 3 results.

Allah must be weak as piss for Muslims to have to be so oversensitive and scared of criticism.

That was ridiculous. It's up and running again, but who knows for how long.

This kind of sensoring cannot be allowed to happen. Being offended isn't an argument.

That was ridiculous. It's up and running again, but who knows for how long.

This kind of sensoring cannot be allowed to happen. Being offended isn't an argument.

Neither is offending against things from a position of ignorance.

Western materialistic perspectives & values are not universal across the globe....And you'd do well to understand that.

We have racial & religious vilification laws in place for a reason....And ignorance is that reason.

Hating on Muslims/Arabs just because the MSM tells you to, in order to justify bombing & murdering them, is both pathetic & inexcusable.

Neither is offending against things from a position of ignorance.

Western materialistic perspectives & values are not universal across the globe....And you'd do well to understand that.

We have racial & religious vilification laws in place for a reason....And ignorance is that reason.

Hating on Muslims/Arabs just because the MSM tells you to, in order to justify bombing & murdering them, is both pathetic & inexcusable.

I feel you have totally misunderstood what actually occurred, so we will leave it at that.

As a matter of fact, yes. I find being unable to walk or sleep due to incipient, excruciating, crippling hip pain less than enthralling...

Far be it for me to promote illegal and illicit activities in defiance of the authorities, but might I suggest some marijuana? I find it helps take the edge off my own pains...

To connect this with the thread yes, marijuana is considered haram (forbidden) in Islam. If anyone reading want to consider that as a contradiction to their image as a 'Religion of Peace' that's up to yourselves.

Last edited:
Far be it for me to promote illegal and illicit activities in defiance of the authorities, but might I suggest some marijuana? I find it helps take the edge off my own pains...

To connect this with the thread yes, marijuana is considered haram (forbidden) in Islam. If anyone reading want to consider that as a contradiction to their image as a 'Religion of Peace' that's up to yourselves.
Ganja already in play, but thanks for the suggestion. Got some good news yesterday, whereby I found out that my condition is such as to attract the description of 'urgent'. This means I'll probably have surgery in a few weeks, rather than maybe twelve months. The major concern has been that the condition has deteriorated exponentially over the past six weeks, making walking extremely difficult for days at a time. Pain management has become slightly better with the prescription of some heavy duty painkillers, allowing some sleep. Having had osteoarthritis for forty years makes you used to pain. It seems it's the price of life.

Ganja already in play, but thanks for the suggestion. Got some good news yesterday, whereby I found out that my condition is such as to attract the description of 'urgent'. This means I'll probably have surgery in a few weeks, rather than maybe twelve months. The major concern has been that the condition has deteriorated exponentially over the past six weeks, making walking extremely difficult for days at a time. Pain management has become slightly better with the prescription of some heavy duty painkillers, allowing some sleep. Having had osteoarthritis for forty years makes you used to pain. It seems it's the price of life.

s**t, I can only imagine being in that kind of pain. I hope surgery brings some comfort for you, skilts.

Whilst not having many conversations with you on BF, I have very much enjoyed reading your posts (not that I agree with them all), you have a fantastic take on life and on one of my first visits here you called me brother. I quite enjoyed that. I genuinely hope you get better, you'd be a fantastic individual to have a few beers with or a couple of joints.

All the best.

So basically to get in tune with the universes vibrations and greater purpose you have to blindly follow some human made book from 2000 years ago of which was written by ''followers'' probably more illiterate and stupid than a 14 year old kid today, full of archaic backwards bullshit and somehow you believe out of all the differing religions your one isn’t bullshit. And then your life is guided by this? Id honestly have more time to listen about someones beliefs if they were founded upon heavy dmt use then some book and propaganda from 2 millennia ago.

So basically to get in tune with the universes vibrations and greater purpose you have to blindly follow some human made book from 2000 years ago of which was written by ''followers'' probably more illiterate and stupid than a 14 year old kid today, full of archaic backwards bullshit and somehow you believe out of all the differing religions your one isn’t bullshit. And then your life is guided by this? Id honestly have more time to listen about someones beliefs if they were founded upon heavy dmt use then some book and propaganda from 2 millennia ago.

No it's really not all that difficult or complex.

All one need do is get in touch & stay in touch with one's own heart.....Religion naturally flows from that source....All the rest is bunkum.

The message at the heart of all the worlds great religions is essentially the same, once you clear away all the clutter.....The Golden Rule remains a common denominator throughout.

Respect & love for oneself, the world & others is the simple message....A concept Western governments seem to have great difficulty in following.

Islam does not believe in usury.....That is what really lies at the heart of our cultural differences.....Nothing more, nothing less.

No it's really not all that difficult or complex.

All one need do is get in touch & stay in touch with one's own heart.....Religion naturally flows from that source....All the rest is bunkum.

The message at the heart of all the worlds great religions is essentially the same, once you clear away all the clutter.....The Golden Rule remains a common denominator throughout.

Respect & love for oneself, the world & others is the simple message....A concept Western governments seem to have great difficulty in following.

Islam does not believe in usury.....That is what really lies at the heart of our cultural differences.....Nothing more, nothing less.
Western Governments lol, that is a poor arguement. P35 you would argue with a statue, I remember you from the polls board and your arguments were just as blindly one eyed hawthorn there. Dont swallow the drivel people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back