Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atheists in Malaysia should be “hunted down” as they violate the constitution, a government minister in the increasingly fundamentalist Muslim-majority nation has said.

Shahidan Kassim, who serves in the Prime Minister’s inner circle, called on Islamic scholars to re-educate non-believers.

Apostasy is not a federal crime in Malaysia, but critics say the country’s increasingly conservative trajectory is threatening religious freedoms.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...idan-kassim-a7884766.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Absolutely terrible.

Seventeen men and one woman have been found guilty of involvement in a sex grooming network in Newcastle upon Tyne that plied vulnerable women and girls with drink and drugs before assaulting them.

In a series of four trials at Newcastle crown court, juries found the men guilty of a catalogue of nearly 100 offences – including rape, human trafficking, conspiracy to incite prostitution and drug supply – between 2011 and 2014.

Operation Shelter has clear similarities to grooming scandals in Rotherham and Rochdale, which featured gangs of British Asian men abusing white girls. The men in operation Shelter are from a wider range of backgrounds, including Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Indian, Iraqi, Iranian and Turkish.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/09/newcastle-sex-grooming-network-operation-shelter

Maajid Nawaz yesterday.

"This wasn’t the first incident in the UK - since 2011 groups of men have been convicted for organised sex grooming cases in 16 towns and cities and in all but two of those cases, most were Muslim men of south Asian origin. They were men like me from my community. And in all but three the victims were white teenage girls. That is the truth, and what I’m saying is so uncomfortable that we’ve been ignoring it for years. As a result of ignoring it, this problem has been growing and growing to a point where it now has led to racial tensions. We haven’t been speaking about it, what did you expect?"

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...gangs-uk/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Maajid Nawaz yesterday.

"This wasn’t the first incident in the UK - since 2011 groups of men have been convicted for organised sex grooming cases in 16 towns and cities and in all but two of those cases, most were Muslim men of south Asian origin. They were men like me from my community. And in all but three the victims were white teenage girls. That is the truth, and what I’m saying is so uncomfortable that we’ve been ignoring it for years. As a result of ignoring it, this problem has been growing and growing to a point where it now has led to racial tensions. We haven’t been speaking about it, what did you expect?"

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...gangs-uk/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
Interesting that this has been ignored.

This is a pretty damning observation about south Asian culture (in particular south Asian Islamic culture). Having seen how a number of these people act given my propensity for south Asian girlfriends, I'm not entirely surprised. I've noticed that those from wealthier upbringings eg international schools don't act like this, but the less-educated with a less western background are much more likely to border on creepy.

For whatever reason, those cultures tend to still display no respect for women. I told this story to CM86: my current girlfriend and I had been living with another Bangladeshi guy. He had feelings for her, he flipped out and started abusing her when he moved out. I wasn't there, but he basically repeatedly called a whore that wants an Australian passport, he had hit her in the past. When he was leaving, he also called her mum to say that he had found her naked in bed with me (he hadn't) and started spreading rumours about her and posting s**t about her on Facebook. Eventually, she got a restraining order against him, but that didn't really stop his friends from still posting crude stuff about her on Facebook.

I've omitted many of the worst parts of that story out of respect for her wishes.

The truth is, there can be a very large cultural divide between these groups, and quite often some don't want to assimilate.

With no incentive to assimilate and a hands off patronising attitude by authorities, goes to the arrogance of why would they?
That's pretty much it. We just sorta assume that people inherently want to assimilate into our culture when it's quite far from the truth.

It's time to start dobbing in people that work too many hours on their work visas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is there an advert for the Islamic Museum of Australia popping up as an advert on bigfooty? What role has Islam played in Australian history to warrant a museum? (I hope not funded by tax payer money)

Why is there an advert for the Islamic Museum of Australia popping up as an advert on bigfooty? What role has Islam played in Australian history to warrant a museum? (I hope not funded by tax payer money)
What is the problem, lots of ads appear on BF. I think it is a great idea to counteract Islamophobia - you should check it out.
I think that some public money $3 million was granted a few years ago to establish.
There is also a Jewish Museum, not sure if any public money was used.

What is the problem, lots of ads appear on BF. I think it is a great idea to counteract Islamophobia - you should check it out.
I think that some public money $3 million was granted a few years ago to establish.
There is also a Jewish Museum, not sure if any public money was used.
So every culture that has arrived in Australia deserves a museum? That's an awful amount of museums.

So people want Cook statues removed, dates changed, but it's ok for Islamic museums to appear when really they play a minuscule part, if any, in Australian history. Sounds to me like another attempt to rewrite history to make it culturally inclusive

So every culture that has arrived in Australia deserves a museum? That's an awful amount of museums.

So people want Cook statues removed, dates changed, but it's ok for Islamic museums to appear when really they play a minuscule part, if any, in Australian history. Sounds to me like another attempt to rewrite history to make it culturally inclusive
Who said anything about deserves, or how many museums or Cook? What does it matter, you don't have to go.
I thought your original comment was about the ad?

Sounds very much like you're trying to rewrite history to pretend that something you don't like didn't exist. Countries around the world have all kinds of museums, big and small, to reflect their history.

Sounds very much like you're trying to rewrite history to pretend that something you don't like didn't exist. Countries around the world have all kinds of museums, big and small, to reflect their history.
So why aren't adds popping up for them as well on my bigfooty page? With all the mods and their open stance on Islam, I wouldn't be at all surprised that they already knew of this

Could it be related to what you typically talk about on Bigfooty. I'm not sure, but those types of searches and comments are usually related to what advertising you get shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back