Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year ago, I thought it would get more attention at the time than it did. A declaration in Grozny on top of big oil anxiety, interesting read if you have time.

For the first time, Saudi Arabia is being attacked by both Sunni and Shia leaders.
“The world is getting ready to burn us,” Adil Al-Kalbani announced. And as Imam of the King Khaled Bin Abdulaziz mosque in the Saudi capital of Riyadh, he should know.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...wahhabism-chechenya-robert-fisk-a7322716.html
Have you heard of Doaa el-Adl? Female cartoonist in Egypt.

I imagine if she was able to work in SA would have been flogged to death.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Hidden camera footage showing what's being taught in a Muslim school in the U.K.
Hopefully not representative of all the Muslim schools over there.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-41366446

Kamran Hussain, 40, gave radical sermons to around 40 worshippers at a charity-funded mosque in Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent.

The Old Bailey heard he told children that martyrdom was better than anything they could achieve at school.

https://www.rt.com/news/404259-women-have-quarter-brain-saudi-cleric/

A Saudi cleric has been slated for saying that women don’t deserve to drive because they only have a quarter of a brain. Sheikh Saad Al-Hijri was also banned from performing his religious duties because of his outrageous comments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Islam-advising-jihad-moaning-prison-food.html

One of Lee Rigby's killers has sparked outrage after being allowed to write letters to a pen pal urging him to convert to Islam and advising him on jihad while moaning about prison food

Adebowale, a former Christian, also urged his friend to read a chapter in the Koran that tells the faithful to fight 'disbelievers' and 'kill them wherever you find them', while telling him that prison food 'ain't so good'.

Meanwhile Canada ramps up its anti-Islamaphobia laws and....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/terror-attack-horror-canada-driver-11268739.amp

A car was deliberately driven at pedestrians outside an American football game in Edmonton.
The motorist drive at 'high speed' towards a police checkpoint outside the game.
He crashed through the barricade and hit a police officer sending him flying 15ft into the air.
Police have also confirmed an ISIS flag was seen in the suspect's vehicle.

What do you have to say about the 50 people murdered in Las Vegas?
I was really upset about that mate, what a horrible thing to happen and the footage was terrifying. I recently stayed nearby, just sickening. Not sure why this is in the Islamist thread though, I didn’t think the guy was Islamist?

I was really upset about that mate, what a horrible thing to happen and the footage was terrifying. I recently stayed nearby, just sickening. Not sure why this is in the Islamist thread though, I didn’t think the guy was Islamist?
There is no thread for crazy white guys murdering lots of people and how whites are to blame. Yet there is a thread to cast blame on Muslims every single time there's an incident. Why else are you in a thread called 'why I blame Muslims for the fact it's raining' to ' offer your condolences' to people killed by a crazy Muslim?

There is no thread for crazy white guys murdering lots of people and how whites are to blame. Yet there is a thread to cast blame on Muslims every single time there's an incident. Why else are you in a thread called 'why I blame Muslims for the fact it's raining' to ' offer your condolences' to people killed by a crazy Muslim?
To be fair, you're entitled to create a thread about white guys committing acts of gun violence.

Time to band together mate, I’m not into the divisive goings on that can happen here by some. Both the Islamist attacks and American shootings should be condemned in full. Condolences to all victims, be it victims of an Islamist or American shooter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because:
"According to the Country Reports on Terrorism 2011 published in 2012 by the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC), "Sunni extremists accounted for the greatest number of terrorist attacks and fatalities for the third consecutive year. More than 5,700 incidents were attributed to Sunni extremists, accounting for nearly 56 percent of all attacks and about 70 percent of all fatalities."[24] The report said that in 2011, a total of 10,283 terrorism attacks across the world killed 12,533 people. Terrorism was also blamed for 25,903 injuries and 5,554 kidnappings. According to the NCTC, of the 12,533 terrorism-related deaths worldwide, 8,886 were perpetrated by "Sunni extremists", 1,926 by "secular/political/anarchist" groups, 1,519 by "unknown" factions, 170 by a category described as "other", and 77 by "Neo-Nazi/Fascist/White Supremacist" groups."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_attitudes_toward_terrorism

That really is a lot of lone wolves, huh?

The problem with this game is you run out of non-Mulsim links LONG before they run out of Muslim links.

I do love the irony of a religion which would quite happily line up and execute the very people who bend over backwards to protect them.

Probably because:
"According to the Country Reports on Terrorism 2011 published in 2012 by the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC), "Sunni extremists accounted for the greatest number of terrorist attacks and fatalities for the third consecutive year. More than 5,700 incidents were attributed to Sunni extremists, accounting for nearly 56 percent of all attacks and about 70 percent of all fatalities."[24] The report said that in 2011, a total of 10,283 terrorism attacks across the world killed 12,533 people. Terrorism was also blamed for 25,903 injuries and 5,554 kidnappings. According to the NCTC, of the 12,533 terrorism-related deaths worldwide, 8,886 were perpetrated by "Sunni extremists", 1,926 by "secular/political/anarchist" groups, 1,519 by "unknown" factions, 170 by a category described as "other", and 77 by "Neo-Nazi/Fascist/White Supremacist" groups."

From the above wiki entry;

Gallup polls

A Gallup poll published in 2011, "suggests that one's religious identity and level of devotion have little to do with one's views about targeting civilians." The results of the survey suggested that "human development and governance - not piety or culture" were the strongest factors in explaining the public's view of violence toward civilians. In a Gallup World Poll in 2011, residents of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states were less likely to justify the targeting and killing of civilians than residents of non-OIC states:

• In Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states, 18% believe military attacks on civilians justified and 14% believe individual attacks on civilians justified.
  • In non-OIC states, 24% believe military attacks on civilians justified and 17% believe individual attacks on civilians justified.
In a regional breakdown, Gallup found that North Americans were most likely to justify military attacks on civilians, while residents of the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region were most likely to oppose them. When asked about whether it is justifiable for the military to target and kill civilians:

• In Asia, 58% said it is never justifiable, 12% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 15% said it depends.
  • In the post-Soviet states, 56% said it is never justifiable, 8% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 20% said it depends.
  • In the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region, 85% said it is never justifiable, 9% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 4% said it depends.
  • In Sub-Saharan Africa, 66% said it is never justifiable, 17% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 11% said it depends.
  • In the United States and Canada, 50% said it is never justifiable, 47% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 2% said it depends.
  • In Europe, 69% said it is never justifiable, 12% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 11% said it depends.
In another 2011 Gallup poll, they surveyed Americans, and found that Muslim Americans were less likely to justify the targeting and killing of civilians than other Americans.

From the above wiki entry;

Gallup polls

A Gallup poll published in 2011, "suggests that one's religious identity and level of devotion have little to do with one's views about targeting civilians." The results of the survey suggested that "human development and governance - not piety or culture" were the strongest factors in explaining the public's view of violence toward civilians. In a Gallup World Poll in 2011, residents of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states were less likely to justify the targeting and killing of civilians than residents of non-OIC states:

• In Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states, 18% believe military attacks on civilians justified and 14% believe individual attacks on civilians justified.
  • In non-OIC states, 24% believe military attacks on civilians justified and 17% believe individual attacks on civilians justified.
In a regional breakdown, Gallup found that North Americans were most likely to justify military attacks on civilians, while residents of the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region were most likely to oppose them. When asked about whether it is justifiable for the military to target and kill civilians:

• In Asia, 58% said it is never justifiable, 12% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 15% said it depends.
  • In the post-Soviet states, 56% said it is never justifiable, 8% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 20% said it depends.
  • In the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region, 85% said it is never justifiable, 9% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 4% said it depends.
  • In Sub-Saharan Africa, 66% said it is never justifiable, 17% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 11% said it depends.
  • In the United States and Canada, 50% said it is never justifiable, 47% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 2% said it depends.
  • In Europe, 69% said it is never justifiable, 12% said it is sometimes justifiable, and 11% said it depends.
In another 2011 Gallup poll, they surveyed Americans, and found that Muslim Americans were less likely to justify the targeting and killing of civilians than other Americans.

If only American Muslim views were shared across other Muslim countries. The US has very few issues with Muslims. The Middle East, Europe, Africa, UK, Asia... not quite the same.

Supposedly Christian Americans could probably learn a bit too.

One of my all time favourite quotes is from an American priest: Since when was Jesus pro rich and pro war?

The problem with this game is you run out of non-Mulsim links LONG before they run out of Muslim links.

I do love the irony of a religion which would quite happily line up and execute the very people who bend over backwards to protect them.
You wanna bet?

Good to see you blaming an entire religion for a few bad eggs. Don't see everyone blaming all of Christendom for the bad eggs who raped kids.

You wanna bet?

Good to see you blaming an entire religion for a few bad eggs. Don't see everyone blaming all of Christendom for the bad eggs who raped kids.

Pretty sure the number of Muslims killing people in the name of their religion far exceeds the number of Christians raping kids in the name of their religion.

How many tens of thousands of attacks more over the next few years would it take to stop being a few bad eggs and start to possibly be a systemic problem?

Pretty sure the number of Muslims killing people in the name of their religion far exceeds the number of Christians raping kids in the name of their religion.

How many tens of thousands of attacks more over the next few years would it take to stop being a few bad eggs and start to possibly be a systemic problem?
Does it? Where are your facts and proof.

So, a systematic problem like the Catholic church has? You think people aren't trying to fix the problem? You are pathetic. Blaming an entire religion, what a bigot.

Does it? Where are your facts and proof.

So, a systematic problem like the Catholic church has? You think people aren't trying to fix the problem? You are pathetic. Blaming an entire religion, what a bigot.

Ah the old attack the messenger thing. Its not fair that your rage so vastly exceeds your intellect making it impossible to have an actual discussion, is it?

You realise far more teachers abuse children than priests?

BTW: youve now said it twice. Where did I blame an entire religion? That said, there are certainly plenty of passages of the Koran used to justify and incite terrorists. Not too many drawing on the New Testament though.

Probably because:

Interestingly, the number of fatalities is very similar to the number of people killed by guns in the US in a single year: 10,000. I look forward to your thread 'Why I blame Americans for the fact it is raining' and your assertion that all Americans should be held responsible for their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back