Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polygamy is not recognised by western law, but you are allowed to marry whom you want whenever you want and however you want, unless it's INTENDED for fraudulent purposes like visas. Why does it matter how someone gets married to you if the intention is to marry for the sake of marriage?

Its very, very simple. Non Asians have to go to massive lengths to prove their marriage is bona fide. Indians and Pakistanis dont

Shameful racism. Surely you arent condoning blatant racial discrimination?

Just remember folks "all cultures are equal" and it was worse when the Poms ran the place.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...lings-in-karachi-shock-pakistans-largest-city

The 18-year-old boy knew what was coming. Less than 24 hours earlier, the neighbour’s 15-year-old daughter Bakhtaja, with whom Ghani had tried to elope from Ali Brohi Goth, their poor neighbourhood of Karachi, had been tied down and electrocuted.

His father finished dinner, then returned. With the help of an uncle, he strapped his son to a rope bed, tying one arm and one leg to the frame with uncovered electrical wires.

Bakhtaja had endured 10 minutes of searing electrical jolts before she died. The boy took longer, and eventually the uncle stepped in and strangled him
. The couple were buried in the dead of night

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan has reported an average of 650 “honour” killings annually over the past decade. But since most go unreported, the real number is likely to be much higher.

Its very, very simple. Non Asians have to go to massive lengths to prove their marriage is bona fide. Indians and Pakistanis dont

Shameful racism. Surely you arent condoning blatant racial discrimination?

Huh what? i am married to a Swede, when i moved to UK i didn't have to prove anything being a NON EU citizen. Just a marriage certificate and a joint utility bill was enough.

Huh what? i am married to a Swede, when i moved to UK i didn't have to prove anything being a NON EU citizen. Just a marriage certificate and a joint utility bill was enough.

Are you on a spousal visa though? That's when the issues kick in (not if you are on highly skilled etc)

I could send the list of items you need to provide, you would be utterly amazed. They have dramatically cracked down on this but non EU immigration numbers have barely gone down if at all due largely to immigration from India and Pakistan.

Are you on a spousal visa though? That's when the issues kick in (not if you are on highly skilled etc)

I could send the list of items you need to provide, you would be utterly amazed. They have dramatically cracked down on this but non EU immigration numbers have barely gone down if at all due largely to immigration from India and Pakistan.

I WAS on a spouse visa then, i acquired Swedish citizenship later on. We did go for interviews, they asked us a few questions, looked our bank statement (joint) and an utility bill and just let us go. I got the approval 3 weeks later, this was in 2008. It's the same procedures for Pakistanis, infact they had to go through great lengths, even they interviewed the parents of the bride AND the groom in Pakistan and also called a few marriage witness'.

Last edited:
I can assure you the list of things you have to provide is now very extensive. The only major thing they have done to hinder south asian marriages is the income test. Cameron at one stage talked about an English test but i don't think he every followed through with it. They are a very powerful lobby group now.

I can assure you the list of things you have to provide is now very extensive. The only major thing they have done to hinder south asian marriages is the income test. Cameron at one stage talked about an English test but i don't think he every followed through with it. They are a very powerful lobby group now.

Are you telling me South Asian spouse visa interviews and the rest are different procedures? can you show me an evidence for this? one of my friends from pakistan were taken in 2 different room and asked questions about each other about how much they know about each other, he said he felt like a criminal there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you telling me South Asian spouse visa interviews and the rest are different procedures? can you show me an evidence for this? one of my friends from pakistan were taken in 2 different room and asked questions about each other about how much they know about each other, he said he felt like a criminal there.

Due to public pressure they made an effort to crack down, however, its a pretty fine line between arranged and forced marriage in some instances. The changes haven't made much difference to immigration numbers though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-it-was-a-normal-family-holiday-10395035.html

More than a year after a new law criminalising the practice, there has been just one prosecution for forced marriage, despite more than 1,200 potential cases being discovered every year. As part of The Independent's series of articles on the subject here is the story of one schoolgirl who fell victim to the tradition.

Due to public pressure they made an effort to crack down, however, its a pretty fine line between arranged and forced marriage in some instances. The changes haven't made much difference to immigration numbers though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-it-was-a-normal-family-holiday-10395035.html

More than a year after a new law criminalising the practice, there has been just one prosecution for forced marriage, despite more than 1,200 potential cases being discovered every year. As part of The Independent's series of articles on the subject here is the story of one schoolgirl who fell victim to the tradition.

So the rules are same for everyone then? South Asian migrants have tougher interviews, this is a fact, ask anyone, so back to your original point, i am not sure where you get the "other nationalities" having is tough is coming from. Rules are same for everyone, except for the fact that they assume its a sham marriage for all South Asians as a default

I disagree that any word or topic is taboo, though you have to do very well to pull some more controversial ideas off. I've seen comedians say things that would sound heinous said by others but make a stinging political point.
So you think it's okay to use slurs against Muslims that Muslims consider to be slurs?

I dunno, I respect people more than that.

Given that Romper Stomper also mentioned how they organised their 'Mussie' bashing meetings on a site name 'Big' something(the implication was clearly Bigfooty), I think it's time to ban the racists that use Mussie 'ironically'.

Given that Romper Stomper also mentioned how they organised their 'Mussie' bashing meetings on a site name 'Big' something(the implication was clearly Bigfooty), I think it's time to ban the racists that use Mussie 'ironically'.

How was it implied it was bigfooty?

Are we banning people who use the word “wog” too?

So you think it's okay to use slurs against Muslims that Muslims consider to be slurs?

I dunno, I respect people more than that.
Not when it's used against Muslims, no. Could the word be used to make a stinging political point against people that are racist towards Muslims? In the right hand and right context, I do.

Do you think black people should be allowed to use the word n*****; do you have the right to tell them they can't use it? Context is king.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back