Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either no-one there speaks Arabic or they are full of ****.

Wouldn't be that surprising, as the vast majority of Muslims worldwide cannot read or understand Arabic, despite having to learn to recite the Quran in Arabic.

He's clearly a troll. It honestly doesn't take much to see that.

No, he's a Shi'ite.

Many of them come from Persian backgrounds, which probably has more to do with being 'good ones' than being Shia.

It's normally the Sunni's that tend towards the more extreme literal interpretations though (Salaffism, Wahabbism - and Islamist orginisations like Daesh and AQ). From my understanding, it's those hardline minorities within the Sunnis that are also the main drivers of the setarian conflict between the two (although the Shia's - supported by Iran - contribute to the conflict as well).

I dont want to point the finger, but that seems to be the case in the ME at least.

It's normally the Sunni's that tend towards the more extreme literal interpretations though (Salaffism, Wahabbism). From my understanding, it's minorities within the Sunnis that are also the main drivers of the setarian conflict between the two (although the Shia's - supported by Iran - contribute to the conflict as well).

I dont want to point the finger, but that seems to be the case in the ME at least.

Shia terrorism has a different form to Sunni terrorism because Shi'ites can only engage in wars of jihad under the leadership of the Imam, who is currently hidden in the Major Occultation. Therefore, they will only engage in terrorist activities in nearby areas, and infiltrate to defend their region instead. This can be seen in the work of Hezbollah and the like.

I don't think that necessarily qualifies them as 'good ones', per se. Sufi Sunnis are just as qualified.

Shia terrorism has a different form to Sunni terrorism because Shi'ites can only engage in wars of jihad under the leadership of the Imam, who is currently hidden in the Major Occultation. Therefore, they will only engage in terrorist activities in nearby areas, and infiltrate to defend their region instead. This can be seen in the work of Hezbollah and the like.

I don't think that necessarily qualifies them as 'good ones', per se. Sufi Sunnis are just as qualified.

Fair point.

I'll qualify 'good ones' with 'far less likely to embark on global Islamist barbarity' like what we see with Sunni extremist groups.

Let me put it another way.

Right now of 2016 the World's population is out of control to the extent the Planet is suffering.

In an Australian context Australian Cities are grid looked. Traffic and public transport is extreme to the extent that people are travelling previously reasonable distances 2 hours each way and missing valuable family/leisure/relaxation time. There are no jobs anymore to the extent Australia has a homeless catastrophe on our hands with people literally dying in the street.

Given the Australian Birth Rate is under 2.1 our population growth is caused by immigration. So why even have it in the ******* first place??????????? Given our Government is elected to ensure they represent the interests of Australian Citizens why prioritise the rest of the world first????????

OR

One could argue Multiculturalism is a great thing if we take the best of what each other has to offer and junk the rest. We are human after all and all in this together. Only then can humanity truly develop. Then by all means take all comers and open the borders. But if you do that you then have to release us from all the ridiculous nanny State Rules Prohibitions and Regulations that simply act as a Handbrake on Life rather than protect us from anything. Let's have a true open society where information and choices are free for everyone and personal responsibility is key. Let the Big Girls and Boys out to play.

I could debate this for a week and I never thought I would take the Andrew Bolts and Sonia Krugers seriously but one thing they are spot on about is....We simply can not go on like this. We have to change.
Do you really think bolt and Krueger think multiculturalism is a great thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Islamophobia is a ******** term with the term coming from the Muslim Brotherhood to stifle political discussion, and somehow to conflate a dislike or criticism of Islam as a religion or ideology with the hate or dislike of Muslims as people.

I can't see why someone cannot oppose Islam or Islamism without being described as a hater of Muslims. People don't hate Catholics if they criticise the inner-workings of the Catholic Church for whatever reason, if that's because of child abuse cases or tax-exempt reasons for example.

It seems to imply that people have an irrational fear of Islam when in reality most just dislike it but don't fear it.

I'd rather hear all sides on this. For what it's worth, I think heading down a path of banning Muslim immigration into Australia completely would be dangerous for various reasons, but if we silence one side of the argument who have valid concerns we will go around in circles and get nowhere on this issue.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of people being called "racists" and "Islamophobes" very loosely and shutting down any chance of a sensible political discussion because a few people are offended.
Can you just explain what it is about Islam that you oppose?

The amount of racist bile spilt in here is ****en comical. As Mark Twain once said ‘never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience’.

I use that quote because I see an idiot on equal footing as a racist.

I read this post in David Brent's voice.

That last statement isn’t even true
Why focus on the last statement? Why not focus on the fact that Muslims commit 0.5% of mass shootings in the US? I mean Trump and society really has done a number on the US citizens hasn’t he? Thanks to excess fear campaigns we need to be ‘scared’ of Muslims but not scared of the following;

Roof
Behring Breivik
Mateen (Muslim)
Tarrant
Paddock
Cho
Lanza
Kelley

The list goes on, but that’s 8 shootings and 1 Muslim

:rolleyes:

The amount of racist bile spilt in here is ****en comical. As Mark Twain once said ‘never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience’.

I use that quote because I see an idiot on equal footing as a racist.

I live in the bush about 100km (ish) north of where that :poo:head who murdered women and children in their place of worship grew up. There are some scary * wits around here. I'm not scared of any potential threat from Muslims but not being white I'm well aware of how dangerous these campaigners are if they get an opening.

Some of them are probably posting on this thread.

The scumbags.

I live in the bush about 100km (ish) north of where that :poo:head who murdered women and children in their place of worship grew up. There are some scary **** wits around here. I'm not scared of any potential threat from Muslims but not being white I'm well aware of how dangerous these campaigners are if they get an opening.

Some of them are probably posting on this thread.

The scumbags.
If Muslims get an opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back