Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
If Islam is practised by billions, and the number of far right extremists is tiny in comparison, then on a per capita basis, aren't the far right extremists far more deadly?
I feel more stupid having read that. Possibly the dumbest thing ever posted on an internet forum - good job. Not even worth of a response it is so wrong.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I feel more stupid having read that. Possibly the dumbest thing ever posted on an internet forum - good job. Not even worth of a response it is so wrong.
Sorry, but posters such as yourself are always trying to minimise the number of far right extremists about, yet the body count keeps rising impressively in comparison. An Australian far right extremist has killed more people in our region of the world than Muslims have.

I don’t actually rate any religion, including Islam, but the veneer is pretty thin with most in this thread.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sorry, but posters such as yourself are always trying to minimise the number of far right extremists about, yet the body count keeps rising impressively in comparison. An Australian far right extremist has killed more people in our region of the world than Muslims have.

I don’t actually rate any religion, including Islam, but the veneer is pretty thin with most in this thread.
did you forget bali boming?

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Outside of western countries where are so many of the worlds conflicts?

Wut?

Dont let the past 70 years of relative peace in Europe fool you. Europe has been a full on warzone for literally the 2 millennia prior!

The last 70 years of peace in Europe is an outlier. Prior to that it was in a state of constant warfare, and was the site (and the start) of two global Wars (WW 1 and 2) and nearly kicked off the third one (and still could).

Pax Europaea
(English: the European peace – after the historical Pax Romana), is the period of relative peace experienced by Europe in the period following World War II—often associated above all with the creation of the European Union (EU) and its predecessors.[1] After the Cold War this peace was even more evident because of the fall in political tensions, with the major exception of the Yugoslav Wars and various tensions with and within Russia. In 2012, the EU was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Europaea

Hilariously the cause of this prolonged period of relative peace has largely been attributed to greater integration and co-dependence thanks to the EU (an organisation you RWNJ's seem hell bent on dismantling)

As for the rest of the 'West' you're pretty much left with the 'peaceful Americans'. And do you really need to be told that they're involved in virtually every single one of the Worlds Conflicts (and the instigator of pretty much every one of them), literally have military personnel stationed almost everywhere in the world, spend more on their military than the rest of the world combined, have the worlds largest stockpiles of WMD's, remain the only country to actually use them, on a civilian population, twice, and have literally had the entire world (along with Russia) under the cloud of global nuclear annihilation for literally 70 years now?

And s**t, if you want to talk about conflicts in the Arab world, they were all caused by European powers, and the Yanks to begin with, when they partitioned the whole place up post the last World Wars (and before that), and those same powers have been playing each side off in the ME ever since.

*s sake mate, look at recent events. The US president is threatening to bomb the s**t out of Iran, for having the audacity to shoot down a US drone over its airspace!

What the * has Iran ever done to the US? The Yanks have imposed a bloody tyrant (the Shah) leading to the Iranian revolution, supported the Iraqis in Saddams war against Iran, bombed the country, shot down a passenger Airplane with hundreds of Iranians on board, imposed sanctions on the country, and routinely threatened to invade the place!

What did the Yanks do to Iraq? Who supported the creation of Israel, displacing millions of Palestinian Arabs, and continues to do so, despite Israels continued war crimes, annexation of Jeruslem and the West Bank, and violation of literally hundreds of UN resolutions?

The list goes on and on and on man.

You cant be this naive. Surely you cant be!

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He said 'in our region'.

We're in Oceania. Bali is in Asia (SE asia).

It's arbitrary and a technical distinction, but he's accurate in that statement.
getting definitely desperate. considering the fact that australia is closer to indonesia depending what part of the country you reside in and considering how much emphasis is placed on asia being a part of our region i would widely say it is in our region actually. also then there is the little fact that Chriatmas Island and Cocos and Keeling island are actualy considered to be part of se asia and these are in australia. other regional classifications also exists such as se asia pacific which australia also is a part of. so simply it is questionable whether he is accurate in that statement at all.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wut?

Dont let the past 70 years of relative peace in Europe fool you. Europe has been a full on warzone for literally the 2 millennia prior!

The last 70 years of peace in Europe is an outlier. Prior to that it was in a state of constant warfare, and was the site (and the start) of two global Wars (WW 1 and 2) and nearly kicked off the third one (and still could).

Hilariously the cause of this prolonged period of relative peace has largely been attributed to greater integration and co-dependence thanks to the EU (an organisation you RWNJ's seem hell bent on dismantling)

As for the rest of the 'West' you're pretty much left with the 'peaceful Americans'. And do you really need to be told that they're involved in virtually every single one of the Worlds Conflicts (and the instigator of pretty much every one of them), literally have military personnel stationed almost everywhere in the world, spend more on their military than the rest of the world combined, have the worlds largest stockpiles of WMD's, remain the only country to actually use them, on a civilian population, twice, and have literally had the entire world (along with Russia) under the cloud of global nuclear annihilation for literally 70 years now?

And s**t, if you want to talk about conflicts in the Arab world, they were all caused by European powers, and the Yanks to begin with, when they partitioned the whole place up post the last World Wars (and before that), and those same powers have been playing each side off in the ME ever since.

****s sake mate, look at recent events. The US president is threatening to bomb the s**t out of Iran, for having the audacity to shoot down a US drone over its airspace!

What the **** has Iran ever done to the US? The Yanks have imposed a bloody tyrant (the Shah) leading to the Iranian revolution, supported the Iraqis in Saddams war against Iran, bombed the country, shot down a passenger Airplane with hundreds of Iranians on board, imposed sanctions on the country, and routinely threatened to invade the place!

What did the Yanks do to Iraq? Who supported the creation of Israel, displacing millions of Palestinian Arabs, and continues to do so, despite Israels continued war crimes, annexation of Jeruslem and the West Bank, and violation of literally hundreds of UN resolutions?

Correct weight friend.

Between 1979-1989 the soviets occupied large parts of Afghanistan, they were in conflict with the Mujahideen. The Americans supported the Mujahideen by providing weapons and resources, with which they forced the soviets out.

Saddam Hussein then saw his opportunity to invade to capitalise on the rich oil supplies, instead of siding with the Mujahideen, the Americans sided with the Saudi’s, hence the gulf war. Bin Laden saw this solely as an opportunity for America to capitalise on the oil stocks in commercial agreements with the Saudi’s. Bin Laden was so incensed that the Saudis chose to side with America to rip the oil from the Middle East, hence exploiting major commercial gains.

America’s commercial greed and desire was a seriously decisive factor in ostracism of Bin Laden, long after he was supported by the Americans. They clearly had an agenda and played the chess pieces a certain way to get their hands on middle eastern oil. The Saudis are rich, the rest of the Middle East isn’t.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
getting definitely desperate. considering the fact that australia is closer to indonesia depending what part of the country you reside in and considering how much emphasis is placed on asia being a part of our region i would widely say it is in our region actually. also then there is the little fact that Chriatmas Island and Cocos and Keeling island are actualy considered to be part of se asia and these are in australia. other regional classifications also exists such as se asia pacific which australia also is a part of. so simply it is questionable whether he is accurate in that statement at all.
Yeah Bali is closer to Darwin than Christchurch is to anywhere in Australia.

Lol at “Oceania”. Yeah I guess that gaggle of islands slightly north of Australia aren’t in the ocean. Meanwhile ...

C934AF4C-FAFA-4A94-8963-EA35B4FD10C2.jpeg

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
And French Guiana is in South America... so does that mean anything that happens in South America is in France's region?

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And French Guiana is in South America... so does that mean anything that happens in South America is in France's region?
There is a distinct difference between a place which is located mere hundreds of kms away and also mconsidered to be part of the same region by some sources and the place you refer to. Although am pretty sure if something did happen in South America in French Guyana as an example then there would be some responsibility or obligation levelled on France as it is their territory much likre how the brits got labelled as responsible for what was occurring during the war on the Falklands that it also classed as a part of Sth America.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
There is a distinct difference between a place which is located mere hundreds of kms away and also mconsidered to be part of the same region by some sources and the place you refer to. Although am pretty sure if something did happen in South America in French Guyana as an example then there would be some responsibility or obligation levelled on France as it is their territory much likre how the brits got labelled as responsible for what was occurring during the war on the Falklands that it also classed as a part of Sth America.
So that's a "when it suits me"

Got you.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So that's a "when it suits me"

Got you.
When did I ever say it is a when it suits me? I merely referred to the fact that Australia is considered a part of Asia or with Asia through regional recognition such as the Asia Pacific region. You then tried to be smart with your French Guyana example and got burnt. Then now we have you with your offended reply. Funnily enough you won't acknowledge that Australia is regionally associated with Indonesia because it doesn't suit you. How ironic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
When did I ever say it is a when it suits me? I merely referred to the fact that Australia is considered a part of Asia or with Asia through regional recognition such as the Asia Pacific region. You then tried to be smart with your French Guyana example and got burnt. Then now we have you with your offended reply. Funnily enough you won't acknowledge that Australia is regionally associated with Indonesia because it doesn't suit you. How ironic.
I'm not part of the argument, I didnt have to acknowledge anything. I simply pointed out how you are making things suit your argument rather than being correct.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not part of the argument, I didnt have to acknowledge anything. I simply pointed out how you are making things suit your argument rather than being correct.
Actually I am correct. You're choosing to say I am wrong because you are saying the only grouping Australia belongs to is Oceania which is simply incorrect.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Wut?

****s sake mate, look at recent events. The US president is threatening to bomb the s**t out of Iran, for having the audacity to shoot down a US drone over its airspace!

What the **** has Iran ever done to the US? The Yanks have imposed a bloody tyrant (the Shah) leading to the Iranian revolution, supported the Iraqis in Saddams war against Iran, bombed the country, shot down a passenger Airplane with hundreds of Iranians on board, imposed sanctions on the country, and routinely threatened to invade the place!

Look I respect that your last couple of posts that have sought a middle ground in what is a tangled geo political entaglement. But you cant ignore the the past 70 years of relative peace in the west when I reference to middle east and other regions as perpetual shiite holes. For us middle agers WW2 its still three generations back. You cant blame all of the continuing conflict and terrorist activity on predominantly the US.... in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Look I respect that your last couple of posts that have sought a middle ground in what is a tangled geo political entaglement. But you cant ignore the the past 70 years of relative peace in the west when I reference to middle east and other regions as perpetual shiite holes. For us middle agers WW2 its still three generations back. You cant blame all of the continuing conflict and terrorist activity on predominantly the US.... in my humble opinion.

I'm not ignoring the conflict in the Middle East, and I acknowledge that a lot of is down to sectarian conflict between Sunni and Shia. That you can put down to religious conflict.

But by far and away the lions share of the conflicts there are caused or contributed to by the 'West'.

The US and UK in particular has been destabilising the region, pitting nations against each other, bombing, invading and generally ******* the region up for over a century.

Most of the ME was ceded to the West after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire post WW1 as 'mandates'. They carved the joint up and have been meddling there for a hundred years.

s**t - even groups like ISIS, Al Queda, Hamas and the PLO only came to be due to Western interference in the region!

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not ignoring the conflict in the Middle East, and I acknowledge that a lot of is down to sectarian conflict between Sunni and Shia. That you can put down to religious conflict.

But by far and away the lions share of the conflicts there are caused or contributed to by the 'West'.

The US and UK in particular has been destabilising the region, pitting nations against each other, bombing, invading and generally ******* the region up for over a century.

Most of the ME was ceded to the West after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire post WW1 as 'mandates'. They carved the joint up and have been meddling there for a hundred years.

s**t - even groups like ISIS, Al Queda, Hamas and the PLO only came to be due to Western interference in the region!
What was it like in the Ottoman Empire before the UK and then US carved it up? Any genocides, ethnic cleansing?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
The last 70 years haven’t been overly peaceful if you’re talking conflict and involvement in such, but internally yes, I’d say that western countries have had much more stable economies and governments as opposed to the east (in places).

I would say that this solely contributed to religion however, and I’d also say that external involvement by the US has definitely contributed to the position we have now with extremist Muslims. You’ve got to remember that extremist Muslims don’t care for anyone, including one another, and that the constant repressive notion employed by western countries simply fuels the ostracised Muslim people.

9/11 certainly set a precedent unfortunately, not only did Bin Laden not care about his own people living in the west, virtually every terror attack since has come with the moniker ‘Allah akhbar’ - or however its spelt.

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Response to statement Islam is a violent religion that preaches hate towards homosexual and puts women on a lower footing in society.
"Yer well USA,UK caused it" "Yer well Europe used to have wars ages ago as well" "Not all Muslims are violent - I know a friend who's Muslim and he isn't a terrorist". Strawman arguments. Is every Muslim a bad person NO. But the fact is the religion is so backwards (no s**t look when,where and how it was created) that all it takes is a person with a few less brain cells to take it literally and you end up with what we have today. Absolute nut cases willing to blow themselves and others up in it's name. We are not talking about a small group of people in a country far way - this is the fastest growing religion in the world which is why everyone should be worried. It's effect on societies is small when they are minority but as soon as they become a majority society starts to lean towards strict implementation of Sharia law and harsher adaptation to the laws of Islam. Go study every country that has a Muslim majority and tell me what the laws are like and how open/democratic and fair to others it is. I'll be waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back