Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Good guy Stalin who was totally not a murderous dictator defeated bad guy Hitler who was a murderous dictator.

Looks to me if you want to get things done you need a little bit of illiberalism. Not the modern nonsense of liberalism where everyone is supposed to get along.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good guy Stalin who was totally not a murderous dictator defeated bad guy Hitler who was a murderous dictator.

Looks to me if you want to get things done you need a little bit of illiberalism. Not the modern nonsense of liberalism where everyone is supposed to get along.

The modern liberal believes everyone should do what they are told.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Never, as far as I'm aware, but you made the claim, you tell me.

I didnt actually. I said the West banded together.

If you knew your history you would know Russia was invaded. They didnt join forces with the US, UK and Australia (amongst others).

In fact after Patton was done defeating the Germans he wanted to go take care of the Russians. Just needed his tanks refuelled.

Anyway, I hope this thread is more about lefties dumbing themselves down to win a bad argument rather than actually being as ignorant as they appear.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
I didnt actually. I said the West banded together.

If you knew your history you would know Russia was invaded. They didnt join forces with the US, UK and Australia (amongst others).

In fact after Patton was done defeating the Germans he wanted to go take care of the Russians. Just needed his tanks refuelled.

Anyway, I hope this thread is more about lefties dumbing themselves down to win a bad argument rather than actually being as ignorant as they appear.
You have displayed appalling ignorance of logic, language and history, but don't worry, just keep digging if you feel you must.:rolleyes:

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You have displayed appalling ignorance of logic, language and history, but don't worry, just keep digging if you feel you must.:rolleyes:

So the West didnt band together to defeat Hitler?

Germany didnt invade Russia?

Patton didnt want America to push on and take Moscow ?

If you want appalljng, look at Mal's last 20 or 30 posts.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
So the West didnt band together to defeat Hitler?

Germany didnt invade Russia?

Patton didnt want America to push on and take Moscow ?

If you want appalljng, look at Mal's last 20 or 30 posts.
FFS, Hitler was "the West", as were Mussolini, Salazar, Franco and the rest.
As were, inter alia, Marx and Engels, just to take a couple of examples.
Christ wasn't.
All those "christian" arseholes who burned and slaughtered thousands of other "christians" to prove that they were right about what he said, and the dead were wrong - they were "the West".
The Viking barbarians were, as were any number of other obnoxious pricks, from the Crusaders onwards.
Russia wasn't, either before or after it played a major part in defeating Hitler.
The trouble with people who laud "Western Culcha" is that they want to pick and choose what's in it, by spuriously defining it to exclude the bits they don't like, and then re-writing history as well.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Christ wasn't.
All those "christian" arseholes who burned and slaughtered thousands of other "christians" to prove that they were right about what he said, and the dead were wrong - they were "the West".
The Viking barbarians were, as were any number of other obnoxious pricks, from the Crusaders onwards.
Russia wasn't, either before or after it played a major part in defeating Hitler.
The trouble with people who laud "Western Culcha" is that they want to pick and choose what's in it, by spuriously defining it to exclude the bits they don't like, and then re-writing history as well.

So without picking and choosing Id love you to list the Western ideals Hitler lived by.

I guess he was a Vegetarian ahead of his time?

Christ wasn't.
You can pick and choose, it’s a choice and advancement.
Believing that western culture is superior whilst recognising it’s history has issues is ok to do.
Western culture doesn’t burn Christians anymore.
It is not that controversial to say that Islam is not compatible with modern western culture. Introducing change to an indigenous culture should be contemplated heavily before making too much change.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Christ wasn't.
How can Christians be the West and not Russia? Has Russia not been Christian for 1000 years?

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
So without picking and choosing Id love you to list the Western ideals Hitler lived by.

I guess he was a Vegetarian ahead of his time?
This is what is wrong with the right wing mentality. No ability to ever accept responsibility or fault. No ability to self critique and strive for something else. Anything bad is OTHER. You only compromise once it's to late.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is what is wrong with the right wing mentality. No ability to ever accept responsibility or fault. No ability to self critique and strive for something else. Anything bad is OTHER. You only compromise once it's to late.

Is an inability to answer the question posed what is wrong with left wing mentality?

Ignore the question and go for the personal attack?

Hitler was described as an example of a Western leader. I pointed out that the West banded together to stop him.

Someone weighed in with "Ahhhh but Russia" which has nothing to do with what I said because Russia was invaded. They didnt join the West in choosing to stop Hitler. Schools really do need to focus more on practical learning and less on feel-good rubbish.

So anyway, what Western ideals do you think Hitler most espoused?

Maybe we could swing this back on topic and ponder whether his authoritarian rule was more closely related to say an Islamic Middle Eastern country.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is an inability to answer the question posed what is wrong with left wing mentality?

Ignore the question and go for the personal attack?

Hitler was described as an example of a Western leader. I pointed out that the West banded together to stop him.

Someone weighed in with "Ahhhh but Russia" which has nothing to do with what I said because Russia was invaded. They didnt join the West in choosing to stop Hitler. Schools really do need to focus more on practical learning and less on feel-good rubbish.

So anyway, what Western ideals do you think Hitler most espoused?

Maybe we could swing this back on topic and ponder whether his authoritarian rule was more closely related to say an Islamic Middle Eastern country.
Why can the German people and state acknowledge their mistakes, take responsibility for them, pay billions of dollars of reparations for them, and eventually reconcile with them. Yet some Australian on bigfooty thinks Nazis/fascism is some sort of OUTSIDE expression (of course by brown people) that infected a western culture.

Nazism was two things
- A response to economic hardship which came in the form of biological race based totalitarianism
- An expression of outdated western imperialism

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why can the German people and state acknowledge their mistakes, take responsibility for them, pay billions of dollars of reparations for them, and eventually reconcile with them. Yet some Australian on bigfooty thinks Nazis/fascism is some sort of OUTSIDE expression (of course by brown people) that infected a western culture.

Nazism was two things
- A response to economic hardship which came in the form of biological race based totalitarianism
- An expression of outdated western imperialism

So the west grew up and realised the wrongs?

When will Islam do that ?

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
So the west grew up and realised the wrongs?

When will Islam do that ?
Well it seemed like we had but this last few years are a bit concerning so who knows.

And yes islam is ****ed but muslim people are sometimes ****ed and sometimes not at about the same rate as any other group of people in my experience.

JW Frogen

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
A civilised mind refutes, debates or ignores, they never call to censor another human being.

No human on Earth is wise enough to tell another human being what they can think, write or say.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
A civilised mind refutes, debates or ignores, they never call to censor another human being.

No human on Earth is wise enough to tell another human being what they can think, write or say.
..... and the libertarian will add nothing of value as per usual. pure though experiment and denial of the systemic

JW Frogen

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
And the libertarian mind reads that comment but never calls for the mind who created it to be censored.

There is a titanic egoism in the idea you know what people should or should not say, write or read.

It is so egotistical it could be considered a form of mental illness.

Except so many of you assume that manic mantle of delusion.

The delusion of certainty.

It has been ever thus since the Inquisition, indeed long before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back