Why I dislike (insert player name).

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Creswell. Talk about modern players diving, he was the king of it. Will never forget SCG 2001; took a dive and got a kick after the siren to win the game. Poor Shannon Motlop hardly touched him. Laughed so hard when he was jailed for fraud. A true testament of his character.

Some harsh stuff on Watt. Was a 3rd tall type/flanker who had great pace for his size. Was played out of position most of his career and still battled manfully. Genuinely nice bloke and looked after his younger teammates, surprised at the feelings towards him.

Yep, definitely not a natural full back but had to play there due to no other options. Would have been interesting to see how he could have developed if in a 3rd back/rebounding role as you say.

For example as much as Hansen has improved and posters rave about him, I suspect he would also be crucified if given a one-out FB role due to lack of body work ability. Hence I think criticism of Watt is especially harsh.

I've never understood why Goodes is so admired.

Been a whining, staging, self-righteous, hypocritical goose his entire career.

Because if you were to call him all of the above, you'd be called a hater and a racist.

I've never understood why Goodes is so admired.

Been a whining, staging, self-righteous, hypocritical goose his entire career.

He level of self entitlement reached epic proportions one day at Etihad.

4 times in an unbeatable position on the lead in a single half Goodes gave up on the ball and waved to the umpire for a free. Burned his team mates lace out passes too for the umpire to call play on.

Sooked like Riewoldt at the umpire every time and for some reason was not dragged or taken to task by his team.

Used to be Tip Rat; the mantle now passed to Ballantyne.

Because if you were to call him all of the above, you'd be called a hater and a racist.

It's interesting you say that because I have in fact been called the bold due to expressing those views about Goodes in social environments.

I find it rather humorous actually seeing people get all heated about racism when quite obviously my views on how he behaves have nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Jeez, I'd love if we'd have had Goodes playing with us over the journey. He has kicked our asses so often over the last few years, it's not funny. He gave some of our players nightmares with his David Campesi-like running through us. As for staging, meh, he's up there with Bartel, Lindsay, Petrie, Scott Thompson - I'd prefer if they didn't do it, but no big deal, really. I even heard Tony Shaw last weekend roast Jack Watts for not playing up the fact that one of our guys had a hold of his arm in a marking contest! Talk about consistency.

For a little while, any player of ours who gets suspended for undisciplined acts*.

You cost NM as much as you cost yourself

*Then I go back to liking them.

Jeez, I'd love if we'd have had Goodes playing with us over the journey. He has kicked our asses so often over the last few years, it's not funny. He gave some of our players nightmares with his David Campesi-like running through us. As for staging, meh, he's up there with Bartel, Lindsay, Petrie, Scott Thompson - I'd prefer if they didn't do it, but no big deal, really. I even heard Tony Shaw last weekend roast Jack Watts for not playing up the fact that one of our guys had a hold of his arm in a marking contest! Talk about consistency.

Strange post. He's obviously a talented footballer. Not sure anyone was disputing that.

But he's done some pretty filthy things on the football field and got away with them with the help of Colatown immunity. Walks around with a sense of entitlement from the umpires that would make Joel Selwood blush.

Not sure why Petrie and Scott Thompson were included in your list?

Strange post. He's obviously a talented footballer. Not sure anyone was disputing that.

But he's done some pretty filthy things on the football field and got away with them with the help of Colatown immunity. Walks around with a sense of entitlement from the umpires that would make Joel Selwood blush.

Sliding in knees first into contests.

Filthy effort.

And the defending of his actions was even filthier.

Some harsh stuff on Watt. Was a 3rd tall type/flanker who had great pace for his size. Was played out of position most of his career and still battled manfully. Genuinely nice bloke and looked after his younger teammates, surprised at the feelings towards him.

I agree. He tried his guts out and was generally our ''go to'' man in deep defence. Sure there were a few clangers here and there but I don't remember anything as dumb as Mullet's two clangers on Saturday night.

In one game at the MCG (which we won!) Watt and Gibson picked up Franklin and Roughie for the whole game. One took the closer to goal man and the other took the half forward.

There was no 13!!! 13!!!! that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very strange post indeed and completely misses the point.

Quite right about very poor acts on footy field, plus in terms of the bolded I'd say it is both on and off field.

Last edited:
Very strange post indeed and completely misses the point.

Quite right about very poor acts on footy field, plus in terms of the bolded I'd say it is both on and off field.
Well, strange it will have to be, I suppose. However, I stand by it 100%. Each to their own, as they say.

* McVeigh - I despise his drug addled hideously deformed midget body/giant ugly head. How he is on 2 channels is beyond belief. I feel ill looking at him.

Head duckers - Selwood, Puopolo, West Coke.

Jack Reiwoldt - never seen a head that says "tool" more.

Mick Malthouse - self indulgant prick, despot, sook, bully, who gets his daughter to fight his battles. I wish the worst for him.

Eddie Maguire - same as Malthouse but fights his own battles and I don't wish ill upon him.

Brad Scott - can't stand him. I feel my anger rising the second he speaks. I'm still not convinced he can coach.

Geelong and *. I want them both to go out in straight sets.

* McVeigh - I despise his drug addled hideously deformed midget body/giant ugly head. How he is on 2 channels is beyond belief. I feel ill looking at him.

Head duckers - Selwood, Puopolo, West Coke.

Jack Reiwoldt - never seen a head that says "tool" more.

Mick Malthouse - self indulgant prick, despot, sook, bully, who gets his daughter to fight his battles. I wish the worst for him.

Eddie Maguire - same as Malthouse but fights his own battles and I don't wish ill upon him.

Brad Scott - can't stand him. I feel my anger rising the second he speaks. I'm still not convinced he can coach.

Geelong and *. I want them both to go out in straight sets.

Agree with all except the Brad Scott bit.

Well, strange it will have to be, I suppose. However, I stand by it 100%. Each to their own, as they say.

Fair enough and I respect that. No worries

But just for clarity, are you saying you would have loved to have Goodes play for us because;
- he has been an excellent player, despite all the rubbish that comes with him; or
- he has been an excellent player, and you admire him in how he goes about it?

There must be something about the name Josh, as they are currently my top 2:

Josh Gibson: Should be obvious. The Hawks had plenty of chances to pluck you from Port Melbourne when you had an afro Joshua.

Josh Caddy: "I need to return to Melbourne to be with my sick father, so trade me to Essendon, and only Essendon, despite the fact I BFNAAK"..... (1 year later) "Ok, so you called my bluff Suns, how about Geelong because they have lots of $$$"..... (1 year later) Carries on like a pork chop to North area after kicking a goal that shouldn't have even been a free kick.

I agree. He tried his guts out and was generally our ''go to'' man in deep defence. Sure there were a few clangers here and there but I don't remember anything as dumb as Mullet's two clangers on Saturday night.

In one game at the MCG (which we won!) Watt and Gibson picked up Franklin and Roughie for the whole game. One took the closer to goal man and the other took the half forward.

There was no 13!!! 13!!!! that day.
Yep, in the day he copped lots of crap on here, but always gave his most and got the most out of himself and his career. Compared to Leigh ******* Brown who had the capacity to do more and didn't put in nearly as much effort.

Fair enough and I respect that.

But just for clarity, are you saying you would have loved to have Goodes play for us because;
- he has been an excellent player despite all the rubbish that comes with him as talent overrides behavior
- he has been an excellent player and you don't agree he should be disliked
I guess the second option is closest to my thinking, Saintly. Honestly, he is not a player that has seriously annoyed me in the past. I get what people say about him sliding in with his knees. However, I reckon that tended to happen on wet surfaces and was more related to the fact the he's big, boney and long-legged. That's why I mentioned the David Campesi-like run - they're all knees. I accept that it can be dangerous. However, I don't believe it to be malicious. I feel the same way about him, roughly, as I do about Franklin. As for the off-the-field stuff, that's just down to peoples values and views on how the world should be run. Some people tend to support the politically correct line of thinking (I do, not always, but I lean that way). Other people hate the very idea of it. And that's fair enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back