Toast Why I follow Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hurt like this that makes us celebrate our wins so much harder. It's times like these that explain to me why some people who are bipolar refuse to take their meds because, horrific as the downside is, they're addicted to the ups. Remember when Geelong were dominant and after an easy home and away, some of their players were caught yawning during the club song? That will never happen to us.

It's hurt like this that makes us celebrate our wins so much harder. It's times like these that explain to me why some people who are bipolar refuse to take their meds because, horrific as the downside is, they're addicted to the ups. Remember when Geelong were dominant and after an easy home and away, some of their players were caught yawning during the club song? That will never happen to us.
I remember the first thing I thought when I got home after the Norf final was along the line she of 'if I've had to sit through that, I'm gonna be there when we finally win one of these'. It's like gambling, but instead of money, it's your dignity, and instead of gambling away all of it slowly over a period of time, every single game it all goes on the line.

Exactly, James Kelly was pretending to be sleeping on his teammates shoulder whilst singing the song back in their dominating days, I saw it live and laughed but also thought it was bad look. One positive about being so low for so long is is that the highs will be extraordinary. The clubs I support outside of Richmond have been very successful since I've watched them which is great, but I think when/if Richmond or Nantes FC win the title it will mean a lot more I think. The lower the lows the higher the highs.

Keep your heads held high... At least we can take a loss better than Melbourne fans:

View attachment 373123

The funny thing is whoever posted that is right, I've been to 2 different auskick clubs in the last month and both places had between 6-12 young fellas in Richmond gear and zero in Melbourne. It's crazy but even after all we have been through as Richmond supporters we still convince our kids that it's a good idea and when we do win i'll have my 2 boys next to me.

Went to the gws pre game put on by the Sydney Tigers and meet heaps of great supporters both from Sydney and the Canberra supporters club. Heard Billy Brown talk about the Tigers of old and had a beer with Jim the ghost Jess and spoke to the Flea. The loss killed me but it was the supporters and comradrie that keeps me coming back for more; my tribe is yellow and black and that's why l keep coming back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dad bought me a membership when I turned the ripe old age of 4, huge number of my tiger memories have been in the train after 3qtr asking him "why do we go for the tigers".
Not sure when it happened or how it really clicked but his passion turned into my passion and I couldn't have it any other way. It's a roller coaster of a ride and maybe I'm just invested, but god dammit I will be there the day that they win a flag and it will make t all worth while. There's a magic about the tiges and their supporters, I've brought in many friends and even turned a Sydney supporter at a young age. He doesn't regret it one bit.

Tambling lace out to Bowden, worth every $ he was.

Myself, I was a Hawks fan as a kid. Our club (Tootgarook) wore the pee and poo stripes and Leigh Matthews came to a few club nights.

Then one day after I'd stopped playing I met Kevin Bartlett. He was at a school fete with his family and stopped to sign some stuff for the other kids. He was an all round top bloke that day and I got a footy signed and been a Tigers fan ever since.

Like my wife says to me.... I love you but I don't know why? (Said with an emphasis on don't):eek::( Love is love she says.... :)

Oppos love stereotyping us like we are losers but our club invented the football we play with,we have ten premierships which is more than alot of clubs.

Just look at my sig for why oppos have a long long obsession over putting us down,because for all the terrible close losses we've had this year,their minnow clubs are still shitter.

I wouldn't trade following Richmond for any other club.

They have tested me at times but I have always followed the yellow and black.

After all the crap of the past three weeks,Richmond Paddock will still be full of the best supporters in the country,Richmond supporters.

90k bring on the Bombers,oh and the umpires.

Went to the gws pre game put on by the Sydney Tigers and meet heaps of great supporters both from Sydney and the Canberra supporters club. Heard Billy Brown talk about the Tigers of old and had a beer with Jim the ghost Jess and spoke to the Flea. The loss killed me but it was the supporters and comradrie that keeps me coming back for more; my tribe is yellow and black and that's why l keep coming back!
I took the ferry from Darling Harbour with KiwiTiger up the Parra River with blazing sunshine, 40 rabid Tigers onboard, all really good people. Coopers Green was cold and the crew cooked a BBQ lunch. Watched the game, went to a bar afterwards and thoroughly enjoyed my day.
It's the people you meet that makes us who we are.
We are family.

Like my wife says to me.... I love you but I don't know why? (Said with an emphasis on don't):eek::( Love is love she says.... :)
My wife says 'Why do you do it to youself?'
I always say, "If I could have changed teams don't you think I would have done it 20 years ago?"

I took the ferry from Darling Harbour with KiwiTiger up the Parra River with blazing sunshine, 40 rabid Tigers onboard, all really good people. Coopers Green was cold and the crew cooked a BBQ lunch. Watched the game, went to a bar afterwards and thoroughly enjoyed my day.
It's the people you meet that makes us who we are.
We are family.
You are not my family campaigner

You're the black sheep of the family. The crazy uncle. The one we keep in the attic.
In Groupie's dungeon more like it. And he enjoys being there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back