Why is Bob Murphy so loved and respected by all?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine choosing the second group
Personally I'd find it pretty fascinating to have a beer with Harry Taylor, Bob Murphy and Adam Goodes - I think they'd have some really interesting things to say about living in the all-consuming footballing bubble. That's my point, it's not for everyone, but you don't have to be a dick about things you don't enjoy.

Great player and seems to be an alright bloke. There's something about him though that I personally don't like and I wouldn't walk down the end of my driveway to have a beer with him. That's just me though.
The media love fest though, absolutely sickens me. Especially on 360. "Oh Bob..."
I bet you would. He'd win you over :wink:

Personally I'd find it pretty fascinating to have a beer with Harry Taylor, Bob Murphy and Adam Goodes - I think they'd have some really interesting things to say about living in the all-consuming footballing bubble. That's my point, it's not for everyone, but you don't have to be a dick about things you don't enjoy.

The 1st group you'd have a beer with, the second group would have an avocado foccacia and a chi tea

Not sure why anyone is offended about what happened on grand final day with Bob.

For those who know the influence he had in getting the Bulldogs to the flag would be able to comprehend the post-match events.

There is nothing wrong with including other players in the celebration as it is a team effort in the end, everyone contributes.

As for Murphy, he is the leader and one of the main reasons we are the current champions, it was great for Bev to acknowledge that on GF day.

For a particular Saints poster in this forum, remove your one-eyed bias and rubbish opinions because what happened on the 1st October 2016 is what sport is all about.

Last edited:
I think it speaks volumes that to defend Bob the go-to for Bulldogs fans is to trash Riewoldt.

Roo is highly respected because of his efforts on the field. Bob is respected because of . . . well, frankly, media hype.

I think it speaks volumes that you can't even admit that Murphy has been a good player, worthy of respect. It's sad and pathetic

I think it speaks volumes that to defend Bob the go-to for Bulldogs fans is to trash Riewoldt.

Roo is highly respected because of his efforts on the field. Bob is respected because of . . . well, frankly, media hype.
Dont be a hypocrite. You have been the one trashing Bob. Funny thing is, you put him down for showing his joy of his club in winning a flag, when your club has had no team success for over 50 years. What are you on about? Come back when St.Kilda have won a flag before deciding to put others down,

I think it speaks volumes that you can't even admit that Murphy has been a good player, worthy of respect. It's sad and pathetic
I have no problem admitting he's been a good player.

You might want to direct that criticism to his fans in the media and some in this thread. They are the people that have trouble admitting he's only been a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem admitting he's been a good player.

You wrote:

'Roo is highly respected because of his efforts on the field. Bob is respected because of . . . well, frankly, media hype.'

You listed media hype as the only reason he is respected

Do you think the near 300 games played at a very high quality might also be a reason he's respected??

You wrote:

'Roo is highly respected because of his efforts on the field. Bob is respected because of . . . well, frankly, media hype.'

You listed media hype as the only reason he is respected

Do you think the near 300 games played at a very high quality might also be a reason he's respected??
Good = average.

He was so highly respected at his own club he was never considered captain material until there was an exodus of senior players.

Face it, if you're not considered a captain ahead of Ryan Griffen then you aren't that respected even at your own club!

Good = average.

He was so highly respected at his own club he was never considered captain material until there was an exodus of senior players.

Face it, if you're not considered a captain ahead of Ryan Griffen then you aren't that respected even at your own club!
You no nothing JeffDunne!!
He should have been captain before Griffen it was our old coaches idea to try and get some leadership our of Griffen as he recognised that Murphy was the leader and didn't need the title to prove it. Didnt work out that way in the end as Griffen was not cut out for it.

Murphy was never interested in the captaincy before Griffen took flight. Always led down back and off the field but never aspired to the title.

Only accepted the role when the playing group unanimously voted him in, and he felt some responsibility to a broken club.

Also indicated he'd be willing to relinquish the role for 2017 but the players weren't having it.

Doesn't really mesh with the whole "selfish Bob" horseshit, hey?

No, Murphy is largely respected because of what he does apart from his footballing skill. There's seven pages in this thread of people telling you why they like Bob Murphy, and most of it isn't to do with his output on gameday. Just because you don't enjoy his writing, his commentary or his personality in general, that doesn't mean it must therefore be media hype.

Good = average.

Says the guy whose team has a captain half the AFL audience has never heard of.

Give it a rest mate, admit your hatred for the Bulldogs and jealously over their 2016 success

Good = average.

Nearly 300 games, dual All Australian, All Australian captain = average.

Not captain = not respected at own club

Do you even believe half the rubbish you write here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back