Opinion Why is no one discussing Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

SuperVolley11

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I don’t get it. So much to discuss, yet no one wants to talk about them. Some possible conversation starters;

• Fixture
  • Home ground/lack of home finals
  • Salary cap
  • Certain players that polarize everyone (ie Danger or Selwood)

Thanks. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling.

iu

Well, i've been there a couple of times, just your run of the mill country village with high %s of buck toothed and pointy eared folk walking around in baggy wool tracksuits.

For the same reason nobody is seriously discussing what Matthew Guy will do as Premier. We know he’ll s**t the bed when push comes to shove, despite having a reasonable year. all there is to discuss is the smell and quantity of said s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are the most boring team in footy. They are exactly the same every year: competitive, in the eight or top four. But they’ll s**t the bed come finals and another team will win the flag. Then we’ll be back to do it again next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Usually they are the second or third best team and lose against a younger hungrier side.

This year they are the best team by the length of the Flemington straight with only 2 real challengers

I don’t get it. So much to discuss, yet no one wants to talk about them. Some possible conversation starters;

• Fixture
  • Salary cap

and why should they?

and why should they?
It was an ironic post at the time. Just prior to finals last year the entire main board was filled with threads about Geelong started by arse-sore Collingwood and Richmond posters. A month later they all ran for the hills.

• Fixture
  • Salary cap

Do you think you can make the top 12 again next year?

Do you think you can make the top 12 again next year?
We'll improve on this year's finishing place as long as we don't have on average 5-6 best 22 players missing/injured each week.

And I did run the numbers on that. We had 6 or more injured 11 out of 23 games in 2023, compared to 4 games out of 25 in 2022 (with an older list in 2022).

We'll improve on this year's finishing place as long as we don't have on average 5-6 best 22 players missing/injured each week.

And I did run the numbers on that. We had 6 or more injured 11 out of 23 games in 2023, compared to 4 games out of 25 in 2022 (with an older list in 2022).
Aristotle Pickett if you'd like I can run the same analysis on Richmond 2023. Lynch was out. Hopper missed a few, Nank a bunch, Short a couple, Martin 3 rests. We can include Gibcus but let's not get silly with Tarrant, or anyone who got dropped throughout the year.

Aristotle Pickett if you'd like I can run the same analysis on Richmond 2023. Lynch was out. Hopper missed a few, Nank a bunch, Short a couple, Martin 3 rests. We can include Gibcus but let's not get silly with Tarrant, or anyone who got dropped throughout the year.
It doesn't make it a good excuse though because the list depth is part of being successful.

It doesn't make it a good excuse though because the list depth is part of being successful.
Sure, but the comp was even enough through 4th-14th that a decisive factor for any side that was likely being well above or below average for injuries/week. As well as being forced to play a handful of stars injured. Anyway this will be one to revisit next year. 2022 we had a rough early run that corresponded with a 5-4 start and then a dream run for the win streak. There's a correlation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back