Vic Why is the Andrews government refusing to co-operate with the police?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever... Told you I am over it. I have supplied sufficient links to counteract your position. Not good enough, I really don't care and we are clogging up the thread on a pointless discussion.

How embarrassing for you.

This is about as comprehensive a defeat I've seen in a debate on these boards. Talk about having the the floor wiped - I hope you still have those crayons.

How embarrassing for you.

This is about as comprehensive a defeat I've seen in a debate on these boards. Talk about having the the floor wiped - I hope you still have those crayons.
:hearts: I have my fingers crossed that Santa brings me a box of Derwent or Staedtler .

Last edited:
Labor cleared of contempt over the so-called red shirts thingo. On the other hand.......

Apparently the Liberals do "mislead and deceive" with their how-to-vote cards. Funny how this didn't get anything like the coverage of Labor's alleged misdeeds in the Dirty Diggers publications.

Her Honour’s conclusion was as follows:
The Liberal Party submitted to the Tribunal, and before me, that these how-to-vote cards could be understood as indicating to voters how they might vote to support the interests of the Liberal Party. I accept that they are capable of being understood that way, at least by a voter of ‘ordinary sophistication’. However, they are also capable of being understood by a naïve or gullible voter as representing that Ms Klein is the endorsed Liberal Party candidate in Yan Yean, when that is no longer the case. That being so, a voter who had decided to vote for the Liberal Party may well be misled into the belief that Ms Klein is the endorsed Liberal Party candidate, and into casting a ballot for Ms Klein on that basis.

Applying the approach in SZMDS here, I am satisfied that it was open to the Tribunal on the evidence before it to find that the impugned how-to-vote cards were likely to mislead or deceive a voter in the casting of the voter’s ballot.[12]

https://jade.io/article/633736

Labor cleared of contempt over the so-called red shirts thingo. On the other hand.......

Apparently the Liberals do "mislead and deceive" with their how-to-vote cards. Funny how this didn't get anything like the coverage of Labor's alleged misdeeds in the Dirty Diggers publications.

Wow. Amazeballs that 16 ALP Victorian MPs who refused to answer police questions about the red shirts scandal have escaped charges.

This doesn't mean Labor has been cleared, it means that the police have currently chosen not to prosecute. It also doesn't change the outcome of the ombudsman's finding that Labor had misused funds nor has it totally cleared the party either as there is still an ongoing investigation.

Wow. Amazeballs that 16 ALP Victorian MPs who refused to answer police questions about the red shirts scandal have escaped charges.
Bottom line! One party was exonerated, the other found guilty, even after appeal.

The other point goes to a crooked media. The one the reactionaries are quite happy to let go through to the keeper. That is the Dirty Digger and his band of distorters, liars and muckrakers gave headline after headline to the Labor matter. But you'd have needed a tracker and search party to find references to the Liarberals transgressions.

Not that we should be surprised after the dirty rotten tactics employed in hacking gate. What a low life grub.

Bottom line! One party was exonerated, the other found guilty, even after appeal.

Fanboism taken to new levels on here. But hey lets just blame Murdoch. Its the go to line when you cant just scream racism.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09...tion-into-red-shirts-rort-costs-1.3m/10281694

The Victorian ombudsman's investigation into Labor's red shirts rort along with the legal saga surrounding it has cost taxpayers more than three times the amount that was misused.

• Victorian Labor rorted $388,000 of taxpayer money during 2014 election campaign, the ombudsman found
  • Premier Daniel Andrews said the rort was not deliberate and Labor repaid the money
  • The ombudsman's office reveals its investigation incurred a direct cost of $744,000, which when added to other associated costs brings it to $1.3 million

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-14/no-mps-charged-over-victorian-alp-red-shirts-scandal/10795058

But he said investigations regarding "potential fraud matters" were continuing into two men who allegedly designed the scheme.

Fanboism taken to new levels on here. But hey lets just blame Murdoch. Its the go to line when you cant just scream racism.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09...tion-into-red-shirts-rort-costs-1.3m/10281694

The Victorian ombudsman's investigation into Labor's red shirts rort along with the legal saga surrounding it has cost taxpayers more than three times the amount that was misused.

• Victorian Labor rorted $388,000 of taxpayer money during 2014 election campaign, the ombudsman found
  • Premier Daniel Andrews said the rort was not deliberate and Labor repaid the money
  • The ombudsman's office reveals its investigation incurred a direct cost of $744,000, which when added to other associated costs brings it to $1.3 million

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-14/no-mps-charged-over-victorian-alp-red-shirts-scandal/10795058

But he said investigations regarding "potential fraud matters" were continuing into two men who allegedly designed the scheme.
From your link:

Mr Andrews responded that the ombudsman's investigation was triggered by a referral from the Upper House, where Coalition MPs voted for the investigation.

"There was a referral that was made by the other place with the full support of the Leader of the Opposition," Mr Andrews said.

"My answer to the Leader of the Opposition is 'did he really think the referral would come at no cost at all to the office of the ombudsman?'"

Further...

No current Victorian Labor MPs will be charged over the misuse of parliamentary staff in the so-called red shirts rort, police have announced.

So the LNP wasted public money on a politically directed witch hunt and the Murdoch media helped provide cover?

Strong rebuttal.

So the LNP wasted public money on a politically directed witch hunt and the Murdoch media helped provide cover?

Strong rebuttal.

So despite the ombudsman ruling the ALP rorted money you call it a witch hunt?

Short on logic, very strong on apolgism.

You may as well go full fanboi and claim the desal plant was money well spent.

So despite the ombudsman ruling the ALP rorted money you call it a witch hunt?

Short on logic, very strong on apolgism.

You may as well go full fanboi and claim the desal plant was money well spent.

You don't think that when the Opposition called for an inquiry it was going to cost money?

You know like the RC into Pink Batts (had already been 3/4 inquiries before) and the Unions, cost a hell of a lot more than the Ombudsman inquiry. Both were used a very expensive excuse to embarrass Labor. How many were arrested from those RC's?

Think you may just have outed yourself as a Liberal fanboi.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think that when the Opposition called for an inquiry it was going to cost money?

You seem to have trouble with the word rort, doesnt seem to upset you for some resason.

NB how much did the banking RC cost? Waste of time was it?

You seem to have trouble with the word rort, doesnt seem to upset you for some resason.

NB how much did the banking RC cost? Waste of time was it?
No, think it is you that has the problem and you still didn't answer the question. Opposition didn't think that there would be a cost? Fact of life is every time there is an inquiry it costs and rarely even when found guilty does anyone apart from the taxpayers pay.
You want the police to make up charges?

Re Banking RC, actually at this stage, I am not really sure what is going to change for the consumer, do you?

Bank shares went up immediately after the release of the report, so it doesn't seem that they are too concerned, more bad news for brokers than banks I thought.

No, think it is you that has the problem and you still didn't answer the question. Opposition didn't think that there would be a cost? Fact of life is every time there is an inquiry it costs and rarely even when found guilty does anyone apart from the taxpayers pay.

Of all things to call for an investigation, rorting money is up there. Pink Batts was a waste of time, agree re that. Should have just taken Swans pension off him for that and all his other blunders.

As for concern for taxpayers money, lets not forget that the VicALP urinated billions of taxpayers money on a desal plant just to keept the CFMEU happy. They dont have a right to accuse anyone of wasting taxpayers money.

Of all things to call for an investigation, rorting money is up there. Pink Batts was a waste of time, agree re that. Should have just taken Swans pension off him for that and all his other blunders.

As for concern for taxpayers money, lets not forget that the VicALP urinated billions of taxpayers money on a desal plant just to keept the CFMEU happy. They dont have a right to accuse anyone of wasting taxpayers money.
I try not to but you really make me laugh every time you mention Swan. :D So much hate, I really don't get it.

You have been on here longer than me, have you ever said anything positive about anyone in the Labor party?

I try not to but you really make me laugh every time you mention Swan. :D So much hate, I really don't get it.

You have been on here longer than me, have you ever said anything positive about anyone in the Labor party?

Yep plenty. Keating did some good work re deregulation. Button was a good miinister. Peter Walsh was very good. Kerin was ok in primary industry.

All gone downhill since for them, ditto Libs after Howard and Costello. At state level the ALP has been shocking (Bracks was average), they are lucky the opposition lately has been as clueless as Wayne Swan trying to put togeter a jigsaw

Probably topped him in grades at uni

If wasting money disqualifies one from ever passing judgement, I guess hundreds of thousands of people who bought water tanks at prices inflated 2 or 3 times during that drought period are also disqualified

If wasting money disqualifies one from ever passing judgement, I guess hundreds of thousands of people who bought water tanks at prices inflated 2 or 3 times during that drought period are also disqualified

Not to mention smug fanboys of a party who squandered 400 million on a "Great Barrier Reef Foundation" stacked with fossil fuel enthusiasts and another 400 million on the Paladin rort.

It's only going to be trouble for Lenders and 1 other. Time for everyone to move on.
LOL so we should simply forget about it because only 2 people did anything unlawful till now. That's ridiculous considering you were happy to be on here abusing the coalition for acts you saw as negative but not illegal prior to the election. It doesn't surprrise me that you would take such a position though really considering how you tried to excuse the acts of the players and the club in the Essendope sagas.

Not to mention smug fanboys of a party who squandered 400 million on a "Great Barrier Reef Foundation" stacked with fossil fuel enthusiasts and another 400 million on the Paladin rort.
Plus the 40 mill to Murdoch but we should really just forget that because you are talking about the wrong party. Hmm corruption or unlawful?;)

LOL so we should simply forget about it because only 2 people did anything unlawful till now. That's ridiculous considering you were happy to be on here abusing the coalition for acts you saw as negative but not illegal prior to the election. It doesn't surprrise me that you would take such a position though really considering how you tried to excuse the acts of the players and the club in the Essendope sagas.
Funny you should mention the Essendon saga.
I was just thinking the other day that if the courts were to apply CAS-style reasoning to the massive evidence against the Trump Gang, he would already be doing 20 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back