Why is there a Fitzroy board?

Remove this Banner Ad

can't work out who this is standing next to geoff southby during the fog game - gone through all the 38s for fitzroy around 1971 but no dice - anyone?

40d7ed0c2b8f50b39dc49ccab25560c0

can't work out who this is standing next to geoff southby during the fog game - gone through all the 38s for fitzroy around 1971 but no dice - anyone?

40d7ed0c2b8f50b39dc49ccab25560c0
AFL Tables site should be able to help find out.
Pick the 1971 season from this
AFL Tables - Match Scores 1897-2022

Which when you do it should take you to here..

Then scroll until you find the Fitzroy and Carlton match you want.

If it is round 21 of that season click on Match Stats which should be in blue text

Then that should mean you are here.-->AFL Tables - Fitzroy v Carlton - Sat, 21-Aug-1971 2:13 PM - Match Stats

Then in # column for jumper number I see there is no 38 so that should mean it the earlier match in the season.

I will let you try that out and see what you find.

AFL Tables site should be able to help find out.
Pick the 1971 season from this
AFL Tables - Match Scores 1897-2022

Which when you do it should take you to here..

Then scroll until you find the Fitzroy and Carlton match you want.

If it is round 21 of that season click on Match Stats which should be in blue text

Then that should mean you are here.-->AFL Tables - Fitzroy v Carlton - Sat, 21-Aug-1971 2:13 PM - Match Stats

Then in # column for jumper number I see there is no 38 so that should mean it the earlier match in the season.

I will let you try that out and see what you find.
I went through every fitzroy player that ever pulled on a 38 jumper - I'm tipping that may not have been shanahan's jumper or he wasn't there very long

cheers, everyone, great to see the site waving the flag for the mighty lions.........buggers got us in the fog that day too! all the best..........
It was Paul Shanahan and to find out more his son is on Facebook. I was playing in a game just down the road in fog Willy Meths v Some Sth Melbourne team

On SM-A226B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back