Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
JoffaMan said:
Quit living in the past...it has been 10 years. Get a life.

Could I just remind all visitors to this board that:

1) Fitzroy Football Club still exists. Fitzroy still has over 1100 members, 10 years after we were removed from the AFL. 2007 Fitzroy Football Club memberships will soon be out. www.fitzroyfc.com.au

2) Fitzroy were in the VFL-AFL competition for 100 years and we have plenty to talk about. 8 premierships and 8 Brownlows for a start.

3) Some of our former players still are involved in the AFL. For example
Senior coaches: Paul Roos(Syd), Ross Lyon (StK)
Assistant coaches John Blakey (Syd), Ken Hinkley (Gee).

4) And if you want a further present day connection, the 'Brisbane Bears-Fitzroy Football Club' (trading as the 'Brisbane Lions') also plays in the AFL. Fitzroy Football is still making the news and did so as recently as July 2006 and also in December 2004. The Fitzroy guernsey is still worn in the AFL (twice in 2005) and will be worn again, possibly in 2007.

Furthermore I move that any such thread-starters of this topic on this board be permantly banned from future posting on the Fitzroy board and the thread locked, or better yet, deleted.

Roylion said:
Furthermore I move that any such thread-starters of this topic on this board be permantly banned from future posting on the Fitzroy board and the thread locked, or better yet, deleted.

What do yers think, folks?

In the past I've mainly let them remain because you thugs have usually wiped the floor with them, but maybe its time to tighten the screws? Let me know your leaning.

AAMI

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's not often I agree with a Collingwood supporter but, seriously folks, it's time to move on!

If you want to hang on to the past and keep this board, we may as well add a few more boards to BigFooty.com - World War 1, World War 2, Phar Lap, Harold Holt....

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
AAMI said:
It's not often I agree with a Collingwood supporter but, seriously folks, it's time to move on!

Which bit of....

"1) Fitzroy Football Club still exists. Fitzroy still has over 1100 members, 10 years after we were removed from the AFL. 2007 Fitzroy Football Club memberships will soon be out. www.fitzroyfc.com.au

didn't you understand?

AAMI said:
If you want to hang on to the past and keep this board, we may as well add a few more boards to BigFooty.com - World War 1, World War 2, Phar Lap, Harold Holt....

The difference is that....Fitzroy Football Club still exists.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
AAMI said:
It only exists to remember the old days. Time to move on. You are now a part of the Brisbane Lions!

The Fitzroy Football Club would dispute that. They are a totally seperate legal entity from the Brisbane Lions. The club once held an AFL licence that is now held by the Port Adelaide Football Club. The Fitzroy Football Club exist for other reasons other than to remember the 'good old days'.

AAMI said:
Anyway, I've made my point. I'll no longer be visiting this museum.:)

Pleased to read it.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
:eek:
blangerang said:
Fitzroy are ****ing shyt, get rid of this board it serves no purpose. Fitzroy are a bunch of HACKS. Period
Periodicle
Periodeekle
Does that mean you are having your period? :eek: That would explain a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I do not think that these idiots should be banned, it brings Fitzroy to the fore again. I had not realised that Fitzroy still existed in its own right, apart from the merger. They are just making idiots of themselves.

I love the Roys and will always remember them.

mark73

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2005
Seaside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had a gander at the Fitzroy Reds website today and was surprised to see they'd won the VAFA flag in 2001.I don't agree with the red shorts, should have kept the traditional strip as it was (blue shorts with maroon and yellow trim).

mark73 said:
Had a gander at the Fitzroy Reds website today and was surprised to see they'd won the VAFA flag in 2001.I don't agree with the red shorts, should have kept the traditional strip as it was (blue shorts with maroon and yellow trim).

Flags 2001, 2003 and 2005 :)

Aug 20, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Wild Kangaroo said:
Joffa seems to be missing a few brain cells.

Notice how it lists his team as Unlisted!

When he was filling in a survey to get the top job in the magpies cheers squad - it said :

"Please list any talents that u have"

He also left that space blank.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
In response to his idiotic question - Fitzroy have a board so that we can discuss some of the games greats like Scott Bamford, Simon Atkins and Simon Hawkins. Not to mention Jim Wynd, Mark Zanotti (robbed of a Team of teh Century full back position by some guy named ..... Silvagni - pfft!)

AAMI said:
It only exists to remember the old days. Time to move on. You are now a part of the Brisbane Lions!

Rory, nice comment. I am hoping this board will do a "Harold Holt" too :D

Anyway, I've made my point. I'll no longer be visiting this museum.:)
The sooner you are in the same state that the items museums house the better. Get lost you brain dead moron.

Mobbenfuhrer said:
What do yers think, folks?

In the past I've mainly let them remain because you thugs have usually wiped the floor with them, but maybe its time to tighten the screws? Let me know your leaning.
I say get rid of them Mobbs. They do not deserve to be allowed to post anywhere.

ashy_magpies

Team Captain
Jun 5, 2006
East
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stoney said:
When he was filling in a survey to get the top job in the magpies cheers squad - it said :

"Please list any talents that u have"

He also left that space unlisted.

dave hughs look out, australia's next leading comic right here. Have you been approached for breakfast radio yet?

Mappa

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Bromwich Albion
mark73 said:
Just to clarify the situation with the Reds, Mark73, the Fitzroy Reds actually started as the University Reds, and wore the same jumpers as Uni Blues and Blacks. The teams were differentiated by their shorts, and socks. When the Reds moved to Brunswick Street and became the Fitzroy Reds we adopted the FFC jumper, but decided to keep the red shorts and socks to reflect the longer heritage of the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back