Analysis Why isn’t McClarty getting a game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Or maybe it shows how smart he is by trading out of the 2016 draft. and trading in established players instead.

As you said, that draft was only two years ago...and we played in the Grand Final this year. Off the top of my head we picked up Trelaor WHE Dunn Mayne Wells and Aish in that period. Sometimes you trade into the draft, sometimes you trade out of it.

Bit early to go denouncing a whole draft class after only 2 years in, don't ya think?

Hey Sco you should read his "cleaning of his soul" post on the Pies Board.........too little too late.

First instinct is I’d rather have my eyeballs pecked out by the next swooping magpie I come across, but second instinct is to have a read of what the manager told him to put out there publicly... Link?

I rated mcclarty very highly and sucks he didnt get the chance. this left me shock just as kieran collins got delisted from bulldogs.

First instinct is I’d rather have my eyeballs pecked out by the next swooping magpie I come across, but second instinct is to have a read of what the manager told him to put out there publicly... Link?

Sorry about to do a workout

Google Collingwood Twitter account.
It’s hilarious.

Sorry about to do a workout

Google Collingwood Twitter account.
It’s hilarious.

Ok

Well

Um.

I have had a revelatory moment people. Clearly ghost writer for footballers social media posts is a thing. I'm off to parlay my writing into cold hard moolah. Look out for random pony related references mysteriously popping up in inspirational instagram posts from "retired" footballers into the future.

Bit early to go denouncing a whole draft class after only 2 years in, don't ya think?

Bang on and for me it’s the opportunity cost that I would be judging. There was plenty of value to be had at each of our live picks and we’re left with two smalls with average legspeed (which has never exactly been a weakness)! For mine that’s a bomb for Hine and co, but that’s fine because you assess it over rolling periods.

Over the 4 year period of 14-17 we have JDG, Moore, Maynard, Phillips and Stephenson as genuine hits with Sier, Murphy and Mihocek on the edge of being hits. A great year at the draft yields 2+ hits (our best ever in 06 gave us 3.5-4) so on the whole we’ve done well!

Wills is another player I would have delisted and paid out in preference of keeping McLarty.

With the return of Beams and emergence of Sier he isn't getting a senior game in 2019 I would have thought.

Injury prone also.

Wills is another player I would have delisted and paid out in preference of keeping McLarty.

With the return of Beams and emergence of Sier he isn't getting a senior game in 2019 I wouldn't have thought.

Injury prone also.
No team can afford to pay out players.

What’s a work out?
tenor.gif

What’s a work out?

Time to get fit jmac70.......I have become a bargearse lately.

One month later in Jim’s Gym and I feel a lot better.

Another month to put my name in the draft. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just created a new thread about our 2016 draft and you are right there wasn't a lot on offer at that pick.

Tom Stewart, Shai Bolton, Brennan Cox, Ben Ronke, Sean Darcy to name a few that were still on the board there.

The decision not to take Brennan Cox is the one that will hurt. He can do it at both ends and has shown plenty as a 2nd year key position player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back