Why isnt Castanga a midfielder yet ?

Remove this Banner Ad

If we want that sort of speed why not just play Markov? He has speed a bit of extra height on George and is a pretty good over head mark and is a better kick. I think maybe we should try Markov on a wing before George. Also George plays high half forward and comes up the ground anyway so don’t really see the point.

Blind Freddy can even see this gem of a player is best suited to run. So I'm just a little perplexed how our coaching group hasn't identified his main strength is his run and carry and he should ideally be in the midfield and start on the wing.

His set shots are often cringe, but his agility, evasiveness, speed and endurance make Jason the ultimate player to develop for the midfield. Instead of bringing in and plonking on the wing players who are genuinely slow and can't make decisions quickly (Aarta, Graham, Higgins, Caddy, Ross), develop Castagna and build him up for this new role.

This opens up the forward line for Rioli, Shai, Stack where they should be the 'new' mosqito fleet. I am interested in hearing about Bolton playing midfield in a few years time too.

We are slow at the moment identifying that the current game is different to last year. Speed kills in 2020, slow ball movement and decision making isn't as relevant as it was without spectators and we need to inject serious workrate and speed into this line up.

Castanga to the midfield should be as much a priority as Balta in defence.

1601323031021.png

tenor.gif

I cannot believe no-one at the club hasn't pulled him aside and told him that if he want to play in the forward line he needs to do two things when he takes a set shot:

1. Walk/trot into goal slightly quicker. Watch Carey or Dunstall on Youtube.
2. Stop twiddling the ball around in your hands as you're lining up and running in. Just infuriating

George has just got the ball , your an opposition player , tackle the bastard hmm
anticipate where he is going to run ? he doesn't know so how do you LOL
he has straight line speed but not sure of him around the packs a la Meatball , Edwards , Cotch , Lambert

works hard , can take a grab , finds space/gets left alone
when he does get the ball in broken play typically centre to half forward , with his eratic running seems to draw a crowd of would be tacklers
but burns them off , and I think the important bit , gasses out players that try to catch him
and in the next minutes our machine puts the opposition to the sword

not something you can celebrate , headless chook running , but put it together will the attributes of all the other players
it make the side very hard to pin down

embrace our diversity

George has just got the ball , your an opposition player , tackle the bastard hmm
anticipate where he is going to run ? he doesn't know so how do you LOL
he has straight line speed but not sure of him around the packs a la Meatball , Edwards , Cotch , Lambert

works hard , can take a grab , finds space/gets left alone
when he does get the ball in broken play typically centre to half forward , with his eratic running seems to draw a crowd of would be tacklers
but burns them off , and I think the important bit , gasses out players that try to catch him
and in the next minutes our machine puts the opposition to the sword

not something you can celebrate , headless chook running , but put it together will the attributes of all the other players
it make the side very hard to pin down

embrace our diversity
Exactly.
George brings more than just Richoesque shots at goal to the table.

Because he’s s£#t house! Absolute dud who shouldn’t be getting a game. Opposition leave him on his own in forward 50 all the time cos they know he’ll blow it. His opponent peels off And chops out one of our decent forwards. Should’ve kept butler and delisted this dud!

Don’t dis the chaos boss.

Jason “Siegfried” Castagna. 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back