Why Leeds aren't good enough for the PL. Featuring SM & Bostonian

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Here you go chef, feel free to put 80% of their posts from the last month in here to continue the discussion they want to have, without polluting the transfer thread.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Is this a melt?

Not at all, I'm happy to debate whatever you like in here.

Take it away.

Our signings are likely to be Rodrigo, Kent and Koch. The rest are young types that he is filling out the depth of the squad with.

He notoriously likes a trim squad, we will have to wait and see if it works in the PL.

Not at all, I'm happy to debate whatever you like in here.

Take it away.

Our signings are likely to be Rodrigo, Kent and Koch. The rest are young types that he is filling out the depth of the squad with.

He notoriously likes a trim squad, we will have to wait and see if it works in the PL.

But you said Greenwood wasn't a youth signing??

Confusion.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
But you said Greenwood wasn't a youth signing??

Confusion.

He's not being signed as an u/18 or purely u/23 signing.

Sure he probably plays plenty of u/23 football this year, but the basis of every premier league teams depth other than the very top sides are their u/23 depth types.

You said we need more depth, we've signed 3 kids with 1 more likey to fill out the squad.

In regards to the first teamers, there's only a few I have real doubts over.

Costa, Harrison and Dallas probably have the biggest question marks on them at the next level.

But like I've previously said, we aren't out to win the league, we will be in a relegation scrap and every bottom half side has players with question marks on them.

We likely buy 3 genuine 1st XI players, which isn't too dissimilar to what Sheff Utd did last year and thrived....

There's no playbook that says you have to sign 10+ players to compete, we were quite clearly the #1 defensive side in the league last year and by definition the bottom 3 PL sides of each year are championship level sides.

It's going to be a challenge, but we don't need an enormous step up to out perform the 3 bottom sides imo.

The strength of our side has been the system of play, not the individual players on the team sheet.

Hence whilst someone like Kent isn't Buendia or Benrahma, there's obviously traits within his play that Bielsa thinks fits his system.

Last edited:

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Time for us to all have some laughs I think.

And I preface this with I think Pykie is a sensible fan so I'm not grouping him with all these clowns.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
This is a good one!

Graham-Potter.jpg

Back