Why Leeds aren't good enough for the PL. Featuring SM & Bostonian

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, just the casual 7 page thread on the Brighton Forum on our u/18's getting done by Accrington Stanley.

Talk about living rent free......

1599647531360.png

We pay 27 mil for a Spanish international who played la liga and scored against Barca, Real and Chelsea in the champions league and we pay overs.
Villa pay 28 mil for a guy who’s only played in the championship and it’s good business.

Who says it's good business?

Looks overs given we got Maupay for near 20 million and their records are almost identical in the seasons they got sold.

We pay 27 mil for a Spanish international who played la liga and scored against Barca, Real and Chelsea in the champions league and we pay overs.
Villa pay 28 mil for a guy who’s only played in the championship and it’s good business.

Don't think anyone commented on the fee for Robert, but I guess I think he's s**t so by default that's overs if that's the angle you're going for.

Nice gymnastics though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hull win the battle of Yorkshire in the League Cup. Congrats SM

Battle of Yorkshire? Nah.

Hull's biggest rival is a Rugby club.

Good on them, played well.

Looks like ive stirred the pot!

Not really.

It's a BF manufactured rivalry from the one resident Hull City fan on this forum.

In reality they are well down the list on Leeds rivalries despite being a Yorkshire club. The Sheffield clubs, Bradford, Middlesborough, Dog botherers and Barnsley well ahead of them when it comes to Yorkshire teams. They are more in line with a passing interest type team like Doncaster.

They aren't a club we have honestly played a lot in our history and thats the same for most of the bigger Yorkshire clubs. They don't really have a big yorkshire rivalry, which is weird for the area.

Like I said, their fans seem to hate Hull FC fans more than other Yorkshire football sides.

Not really.

It's a BF manufactured rivalry from the one resident Hull City fan on this forum.

In reality they are well down the list on Leeds rivalries despite being a Yorkshire club. The Sheffield clubs, Bradford, Middlesborough, Dog botherers and Barnsley well ahead of them when it comes to Yorkshire teams. They are more in line with a passing interest type team like Doncaster.

They aren't a club we have honestly played a lot in our history and thats the same for most of the bigger Yorkshire clubs. They don't really have a big rivarly which is weird for the area.

Like I said, their fans seem to hate Hull FC fans more than other Yorkshire football sides.

PMSL how is it a BF manufactured rivalry when there's back and forth from both sets of fans on Twitter, at games, etc. etc. It's not manufactured like, say, Leeds' obsession with Brighton and Chelsea is manufactured.

Face facts, we were the bigger side in Yorkshire for the better part of 15 years and in the last couple you've clawed back your dominance. I posted that clip from YOUR OWN Amazon documentary where a kid thinks of Hull as a big club. That gets laughed at by older people but for entire generations of kids growing up in Yorkshire HULL were/are bigger than LEEDS. And they just get told how good Leeds are by their Dads and Grandads who are old enough to remember the glory days.

PMSL how is it a BF manufactured rivalry when there's back and forth from both sets of fans on Twitter, at games, etc. etc. It's not manufactured like, say, Leeds' obsession with Brighton and Chelsea is manufactured.

Face facts, we were the bigger side in Yorkshire for the better part of 15 years and in the last couple you've clawed back your dominance. I posted that clip from YOUR OWN Amazon documentary where a kid thinks of Hull as a big club. That gets laughed at by older people but for entire generations of kids growing up in Yorkshire HULL were/are bigger than LEEDS. And they just get told how good Leeds are by their Dads and Grandads who are old enough to remember the glory days.

Lol, the Chelsea/Leeds rivalry is one of the largest in English football, stemming from the 1970 FA Cup final (you know, the most brutal game in English football history..) and the clash of the rival fans in the terraces in the 70's and 80's. If that one is manufactured then so is just about every rivalry in English football.

You can melt all you like, ask any real Leeds fan and Hull might slip into a top 20 or 30 of clubs they'd prioritise to beat. As for backwards and forwards on twitter? lol, Leeds fans are like that with pretty much any fan base.

Rivalry with Brighton? I don't think the Ben White saga constitutes a rivalry, but anyway.......

As for "were/are the biggest team in Yorkshire?" Jesus, get your hand off of it. You never were/are or anyway close to it. Not even in the top 5, no matter what division you managed to yoyo from for 3-4 seasons. Next you will be telling me Huddersfield were bigger than Sheffield Utd/Wed.

Like I said, the fact that Hull City's biggest rivalry with an opposing fan base is the Hull FC Rugby League club says enough about where they sit with most other Yorkshire based football fans. You don't have a genuine rivalry with any, one Yorkshire club.

I guess you could say Scun*thorpe or Grimsby, but they aren't in Yorkshire.

I enjoyed the melt though.

Last edited:
Lol, the Chelsea/Leeds rivalry is one of the largest in English football, stemming from the 1970 FA Cup final (you know, the most brutal game in English football history..) and the clash of the rival fans in the terraces in the 70's and 80's. If that one is manufactured then so is just about every rivalry in English football.

You can melt all you like, ask any real Leeds fan and Hull might slip into a top 20 or 30 of clubs they'd prioritise to beat. As for backwards and forwards on twitter? lol, Leeds fans are like that with pretty much any fan base.

Rivalry with Brighton? I don't think the Ben White saga constitutes a rivalry, but anyway.......

As for "were/are the biggest team in Yorkshire?" Jesus, get your hand off of it. You never were/are or anyway close to it. Not even in the top 5, no matter what division you managed to yoyo from for 3-4 seasons. Next you will be telling me Huddersfield were bigger than Sheffield Utd/Wed.

Like I said, the fact that Hull City's biggest rivalry with an opposing fan base is the Hull FC Rugby League club says enough about where they sit with most other Yorkshire based football fans. You don't have a genuine rivalry with any, one Yorkshire club.

I guess you could say Scun*thorpe or Grimsby, but they aren't in Yorkshire.

I enjoyed the melt though.

Claims I melted yet responded with a longer post than I did. NiCe MeLt..

Over a stretch from 2008-2018 we played in the PL for 5 seasons, an FA Cup Final, a League Cup Semi Final, had a European campaign, and won 3 games at Wembley. Wouldn't exactly call that small time and clearly plenty of kids out there would agree. You can hang your hat on your accomplishments in the 80s and 90s all you want though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back