Why might your team suck in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite having arguably the best list in the comp and winning 3 of the last 4 premierships....
Ffs, a Richmond fan derailing an honest, informative thread. Who would have thought?

If we can’t get a consistent, close to best 22 on the field, we will struggle.

Developing a system that has multiple gears and can change tempo where required. The bomb on the tall heads going forward is old! We must be cleaner by foot and hit up target.

We must have one or two of these young talents burst through for breakout seasons, not one or two games and hang up the hat.

Harry Mackay kicking at least 40-50 and having a consistent foil (Charlie Curnow would do).

That is not the job of a supporter, I’m sure the club is well aware of where they sit and challenges and obstacles they face. As a supporter now is the time to bask in this golden era.
Then bask in your own home. Reflect accurately...

I know it is, my initial comment was a bit of fun. I then had a Richmond poster get all serious on me that knowing our weaknesses and being prepared for what might happen is better. I was merely making the point that’s the clubs job which I am sure they are aware of and does not make one iota of difference if supporters know this or not. I think some supporters must feel part of the coaching panel sometimes and somehow what they say on bigfooty translates to how the club will perform during the season.
Give it a rest. Read the honesty in other posts and pack up your Pom poms.

This all feels a little bit too uncomfortable for me. Please teach me how to...not believe
Young padiwan, you need to be taught the way of Bradkli.

Annus Horribilis, but all looking good now the horrible arse has been marched off. And with those 2 soulless soft utensils having been traded, there should be some new steel coming through.

If anyone gets on the track. Expect injuries and the usual supporter excuses and whimpering to be a feature again this year.

No proven and reliable path to goal, and outside mids with the foot skills of Timmy from South Park (there are exceptions, e.g. Thomas if he stays fit this year and plays that role).

We're just not shaping up to be very good in the near term.

J. Riewoldt turns out to be completely cooked but keeps getting games on rep.
Cotchin’s crash and bash style catches up with him and he’s not injured seriously enough to miss games but isn’t playing well enough to deserve his spot.
Shai Bolton gets a big ego and goes backwards
Age catches up with Shane Edwards and he falls off a cliff
M Pickett keeps getting picked
Prestia is not quite the same player post syndosmosis injury
Dusty gets pinged for pinging on pingers

Yep, and add on to this new rule going to reduce pressure on the guys we give frees away to, and our intercept defenders are going to get caught up the ground, baker and short going to man the mark on guys lining up for goal...

Also Essendon hate it when teams try against us
yeah, but when they don't. watch us come alive

Fwd line: All our talls weren't playing AFL last year
Midfield: Our inside mids are short people
Backline: Do we have one?
Ruck: Have played a combined total of 8 games in their careers.
Depth: it's non-existent.

yeah, but when they don't. watch us come alive

Fwd line: All our talls weren't playing AFL last year
Midfield: Our inside mids are short people
Backline: Do we have one?
Ruck: Have played a combined total of 8 games in their careers.
Depth: it's non-existent.

Yeah but besides all of those things we should go alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back