Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
With all of the now 18 AFL guernseys's on show, why has no club ever had green as one of it's colours?
Many clubs in lesser leagues have had green guernsey's over the years including the Tasmanian state jumper .The former Woodville Malcolm Blight played for in SA green and gold similar to Hawthorn plus other changes.Now Woodville,West Torrens which is greeen yellow and blue.
The great NTFL side St Marys is green and gold too.
In rugby league the Rabittohs are green and red which looks ok.
I can not for the life of me understand why no one has chosen green to be part of their guernsey instead of a shocking orange and charcoal.
Teal is a good colour by the way.It is apparently classed as blue not green?:eek:

docker.jpg

Fremantle has had green in their home guernseys since their inception.
Green doesn't go very well with any colour, except perhaps white, and maybe black.

If Tasmania ever gets an AFL team, I think it's safe to say they will feature some green in their guernseys!

Fremantle has had green in their home guernseys since their inception.
Green doesn't go very well with any colour, except perhaps white, and maybe black.

If Tasmania ever gets an AFL team, I think it's safe to say they will feature some green in their guernseys!
These don't look too bad do they?
86860_1_T.jpg
imagesCA86Y5UH.jpg
imagesCAW75DUW.jpg

imagesCAZ4TZL2.jpg
50555_5559984635_9602_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie state colours, green, gold & primrose.

Haha! What the hell is primrose, I googled it and I can't find the colours.
I always think of the Tasmanian one dayer uniform from a few years back, dark green, gold and vermillion.

I played, many many many moons ago, for Gembrook, the Brookers, up in the Yarra Valley - the jumper was kind of a green version of Carltons, socks, shorts, jumper were all green, with a 'GFC' insignia in white on the front of the jumper.
Loved that jumper, reckon green goes alright with the white too :thumbsu:

gfc_green.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back