News Why Suns chairman doesn’t want Brendon Gale to lead the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I think whoever gets the job is on a hiding too nothing in the current situation.
Comp just coming out of Covid(almost).
AFLW despite its popularity amongst the media is yet another burden on clubs.
The soft cap situation.
Decrease in crowd numbers(Too early to tell if its Covid related or not)
Clubs like Yours/Ours & Pies getting a raw deal with funding distribution from the AFL which only adds to the pressure that quite frankly we shouldn't be under as much.
Think in a few years time a few Vic clubs will be under massive pressure but the curve ball is the 2 expansion clubs and the justification under the same conditions of keeping them afloat if the current trend continues.

And if things improve i wouldn't be against a 3rd side out of WA.

The 3rd side in WA will be a cot case for 30+ years - why would you do it. Would the WAFC (WA Government) support it, thats who supports WA footy now along with the WAFC owned Dockers & Eagles. Thats one for the whiteboard, no further.

The structure of the AFL Commission & administration will need an honest appraisal some time soon. More teams add anything as a FIX.

QLD and Sydney much bigger potential for new fans so more room to make money
They might not be viabale as a club but I dare say Gold Coast and GWS have made more money for the afl than what they have put in
100%
More tv coverage more revenue and that was over 738 mill last year.
And the fact is they are a not for profit so attitudes like clubs are a financial burden, womens footy makes no money are just filed away under “Stiff Sh.t” as long they’re creating more consumers and a bigger market/audience.

If clubs weren't propped up, in vic it would be saints that would be first to fail. Just sayin.
Agree they always seem to spend more than they earn , it’s some form of entitlement to show they area big club, I guess at least they paid their premiership hero 12 cents in the dollar

The 3rd side in WA will be a cot case for 30+ years - why would you do it. Would the WAFC (WA Government) support it, thats who supports WA footy now along with the WAFC owned Dockers & Eagles. Thats one for the whiteboard, no further.

The structure of the AFL Commission & administration will need an honest appraisal some time soon. More teams add anything as a FIX.
Fair enough.Not much into the WA situation.Just looking in from the outside.

Nobody is more against a third wa club than eagles supporters.

Like a rich fat cat who owns the majority of a market and doesn't want any competition. Will hide behind other arguements.

Snouts in the troph.

Luckily Benny Gale doesn't suffer fools.

Shou;d have stayed at the super cars, but he got punted there as well

Not to mention the $15 mil he took with him for $60k up front. He sold out, wasnt punted, sold out at the top of the market IF getting it right is an issue for you Sun.
You'd be across this:

think its because he is all on board for a tassie team and that means GC and GWS getting less support with a new expansion in town

Nobody is more against a third wa club than eagles supporters.

Like a rich fat cat who owns the majority of a market and doesn't want any competition. Will hide behind other arguements.

Snouts in the troph.

Luckily Benny Gale doesn't suffer fools.
Your ignorance is there for all to see.
Many /most Eagles fans are happy to pump $millions every year into WA footy as royalties. Without WA Govt money being pumped in it'd be up to the AFL to maintain the current support of the player pool.

With 000s 'In The Wings', suggestions the Eagles fear anything off field are puerile. On field, its a blank canvas.

in a way i'm pleased the know-all has shot off his mouth. i don't want brendon to go & i don't think he will.

Your ignorance is there for all to see.
Many /most Eagles fans are happy to pump $millions every year into WA footy as royalties. Without WA Govt money being pumped in it'd be up to the AFL to maintain the current support of the player pool.

With 000s 'In The Wings', suggestions the Eagles fear anything off field are puerile. On field, its a blank canvas.
FreeGrizzledAoudad-max-1mb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always smirk when I see something come out of Cochroaches mouth.

He would have to be the worst club president in the league with the way he runs his mouth yet literally has no creditability at all with what his club has achieved under his tenure, all talk no action.

I’ll just drop this one in for some Saturday night entertainment

“Cochrane said Suns’ coach Rodney Eade had done a good job fixing the club’s cultural problems since taking over from McKenna at the end of 2014.

The Suns were close to securing a finals berth that year before superstar captain Gary Ablett suffered a serious shoulder injury in Round 16

The Suns lost six of their last seven in 2014 games without the brilliant midfielder as McKenna was ousted.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back