Why the Cats need the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
The QF against the Saints will have been a difficult game to lose. And the Cats will need to regain some momentum if they're to make and win the GF. A win against Fremantle heading into a Prelim against the Pies just won't do. Geelong have struggled against the Hawks in the past in Finals, the morale boost that would come from demolishing the Hawks is exactly what the Cats need to take into their Prelim against the Pies.

I never thought I'd write this, but, Go Hawks! :thumbsu:

Bring on the Hawks. I soooooo want them to win against Freo...

So want them to win....so we get our chance to ram their BS down their throats.

Trouble is they are so sh!t, they will probably fall over.

The QF against the Saints will have been a difficult game to lose. And the Cats will need to regain some momentum if they're to make and win the GF. A win against Fremantle heading into a Prelim against the Pies just won't do. Geelong have struggled against the Hawks in the past in Finals, the morale boost that would come from demolishing the Hawks is exactly what the Cats need to take into their Prelim against the Pies.

Your team is past it's best and has throw away it's last genuine chance to win a premiership.

No team stays at the top for long. I know it's hard, but sooner or later you'll have to accept that the Handbaggers are on the slide.

Wishing your club has to face it's finals nemesis is hardly going to help matters. Now is the time for sober reality, not delusions of grandeur. :eek:

OP it Sounds like your trying to convince yourself more than anyone else.

It did read like try hard bravado.

Hey we might win today (I hope so as I'll be there) and the Cats may get us, but will that make up for the GF losses? Doubt it.

You won't beat Hawthorn in a final. Your days of playing weak opponents in finals are over. Straight sets baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll play the ball, pity the Scats come after half time next week will realise the dream is over and play the man.

Given how ordinary your mob is, chances are the Squarks wont be there. But I for one, really hope you are.

It did read like try hard bravado.

Hey we might win today (I hope so as I'll be there) and the Cats may get us, but will that make up for the GF losses? Doubt it.

A few of you seem to be missing the point. It's not about convincing anyone, bravado or making up for past losses. If the Cats are to win the GF as opposed to just win through to the Prelim then we need a shot in the arm. An elimination final win against Freo won't do that, an elimination final win against the Hawks will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i agree with what your saying but id prefer to take on freo next week.

im tipping the dockers will provide a less 'physical' game, less chance of reports and suspensions too as a hawks game would be fiesty.

Your team is past it's best and has throw away it's last genuine chance to win a premiership.

No team stays at the top for long. I know it's hard, but sooner or later you'll have to accept that the Handbaggers are on the slide.

Wishing your club has to face it's finals nemesis is hardly going to help matters. Now is the time for sober reality, not delusions of grandeur. :eek:

So you won't get past Freo?

Geelong are ****ed if Hawks win today and probably the cats will go out in straight sets. Some greatest team of all time.

Geelong are ****ed if Hawks win today and probably the cats will go out in straight sets. Some greatest team of all time.

wooden-spoon.jpg

Yeah, we blew it, with that crappy slow start... but I want the Hawks too next week... If we're going to not make the GF (by losing the prelim), I'd prefer to do it after having broken that hoodoo, a dead rubber against Freo would mean nothing.

A few of you seem to be missing the point. It's not about convincing anyone, bravado or making up for past losses. If the Cats are to win the GF as opposed to just win through to the Prelim then we need a shot in the arm. An elimination final win against Freo won't do that, an elimination final win against the Hawks will.

If Hawks can't beat Freo then they don't deserve to play us anyway, we're still the champs:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back