List Mgmt. Why the exodus?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's what it realistically should look like based on current performances

$60-100k - Mackay, Knight
$100-200k - Gibbs, Hartigan, McAsey, Worrell, Schoenberg, Sholl, Hamill, McAdam, Jones, McHenry, McPherson, Davis, Frampton, Stengle, Himmelberg, Poholke, Gallucci, Murphy, O'Connor, Gollant
$200-300k - Seedsman, Kelly, Atkins, Brown
$300-400k - Walker, Laird, Lynch, Smith, Milera
$400-500k - Doedee, Fogarty, O'Brien
$500-600k - B. Crouch, M. Crouch
$600-700k -
$700-800k - Sloane
$800k+ - Talia

I reckon we should have 20+ players on no more than $200k if we paid on performance
That leave us with about a 5mill war chest?

He openly bragged about it in radio interviews at the time. Something like "sometimes you just have to come over the top and get things done".

I can't be bothered finding the interviews but there are articles out there that quote him:

ANDREW Fagan’s instructions to his list management team were loud and clear.
“Do not leave that meeting without a deal being done for Bryce Gibbs,’’ the Adelaide chief executive told Justin Reid, Brett Burton and Hamish Ogilvie.

“Order as many pizzas as you like and if it takes until 2am, so be it. We have to get this Gibbs deal finalised.’’

“We had got so close to signing Bryce that we just couldn’t let him go this time,’’ Fagan said.

Yup, gambled he could off-set the difference and get us over the line. Like all gambles, sometimes you lose.

That said, it was unfortunate that this gamble never actually got the chance to succeed, with the power of hindsight.

Yup, gambled he could off-set the difference and get us over the line. Like all gambles, sometimes you lose.

That said, it was unfortunate that this gamble never actually got the chance to succeed, with the power of hindsight.
I can't remember what my original point was, but I imagine it was something about crappy delineation of roles and unprofessionalism.

A CEO has no business giving list management orders, especially a CEO from a non-football background.

You know, if WB were so willing to cough up a big contract for Keath, and we knew what he was offered, surely that adds leverage at the trade table?

Keath is the odd one out. Roo said he was offered double. Went into 2019 at $250k max, surely deserves $500k for 2020. In what world doesn’t his contract double. It has to double at the absolute minimum.

Gov left to continue working with David Teague.

Teague left for a promotion at Carlton. We pigeon holed him as Forwards coach.
He was better than that. Should have been 2IC to Pyke in 2018/19.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Campo the blocker. Posted he'd cost us talent more than 3 years ago. Both at our club and upwardly mobile people looking at career progression. Pointless coming to us with him there.

Our list management has been deplorable. Kept average players happy at the expense of better players that have now left. Gibbs was one terrible decision, but the way we have traded and drafted recently overall has been woeful. We have made a couple of correct calls, but largely we have engineered our own demise.

He openly bragged about it in radio interviews at the time. Something like "sometimes you just have to come over the top and get things done".

I can't be bothered finding the interviews but there are articles out there that quote him:

ANDREW Fagan’s instructions to his list management team were loud and clear.
“Do not leave that meeting without a deal being done for Bryce Gibbs,’’ the Adelaide chief executive told Justin Reid, Brett Burton and Hamish Ogilvie.

“Order as many pizzas as you like and if it takes until 2am, so be it. We have to get this Gibbs deal finalised.’’

“We had got so close to signing Bryce that we just couldn’t let him go this time,’’ Fagan said.

You know he means business, when he gave them an unlimited pizza budget.

He’s ******* useless as well.

Surely the issue goes right back to the ridiculous drama that happens when the highest player isn't the captain/most senior. The first time I can recall that being controversial is when McLeod was highest paid and Ricciuto (or maybe even Bickley?) was captain, but surely its been around longer than that.

Without this you don't have the club trying to hide Tippett's true salary (which was within the salary cap) and therefore none of the direct or indirect consequences of it either.

Surely the issue goes right back to the ridiculous drama that happens when the highest player isn't the captain/most senior. The first time I can recall that being controversial is when McLeod was highest paid and Ricciuto (or maybe even Bickley?) was captain, but surely its been around longer than that.

Without this you don't have the club trying to hide Tippett's true salary (which was within the salary cap) and therefore none of the direct or indirect consequences of that either.
Wat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back