Why the fuss over Nick Stevens?

Remove this Banner Ad

spindoctor

Club Legend
Suspended
Oct 10, 2003
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Seriously, what an overrated sack of showboat crock Nick Stevens is. He is a lazy, preening softie who steals kicks when they spill behind a pack. He is afraid to get his hands dirty and relies on others' hard work to get the ball. I've never seen anything special in him. He is a receiver, not a worker.

Even a Port supporter at my work was happy to see the end of him, he reckoned Stevens didn't have a clue how to kick.

Yet Port are asking for two first round draft picks? Ha, that's supreme arrogance, all the other clubs should give Port the big middle finger so they lose him for nothing to the Bulldogs in the pre-season draft. He might at least have some value there. Carlton, however, seem stupid enough to deal one of their high picks for the second season in a row to Port in return for a vastly overrated player - last season French, this season Stevens. Whatever Col Kinnear might bluster, Carlton are a dumping ground. FFS, they took DAVID GALLAGHER!

Collingwood are playing smart bidding by putting Didak and Prestigiacomo offlimits. Both are far more valuable than pansy Stevens.

And to think he is rated the most enticing prospect in the trade week...bleh...Natahn Brown craps all over him. Now that is SKILL.

Glad the Crows don't want him...

ok wel this is overly harsh.
i agree with you that Nick stevens is a reciever but you are very incorrect about his disposal.
he is one of the best kicks in the port side, takes their kick outs occasionally and rarely misses a target.
is also a better player then didak and presti....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back