(Log in to remove this ad.)

Live in hope

All Australian
May 8, 2006
Melborne
AFL Club
Geelong
Two answers to this thread -
- there are issues that annoy folks, but it ain’t hate - I think Chris has done a great job rebuilding the team with stuff all draft picks but I’m massively annoyed by the predictable fragility of our game plan to big games/rested pressure teams and lack of ownership and denial of problems with byes and finals (Carter was just plain funny, taking the aggressive denial approach rejecting this pre finals, getting the stats wrong). But end of day I still respect the job that Chris and co have done. Of course this doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be changes if we have a straight sets.
- the other reason is the olde ‘haters goin’ to hate’. Will find a reason or justification no matter how small or unreal.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Scott’s whining about where finals are playedand refusing to accept he may be wrong despite a woeful finals record goes some way to explaining
It’s not Scott. He’s just a flash point. If anything it’s being up for so long, and keeping our home ground. There is allot of jealousy about that which we highlighted when we asked politely to be given same rights as interstate clubs to host a family final. Spark to kindling, boom.

At times I intensely dislike most other football clubs. Loads of love for us in ‘07, as there was dogs 16, tigers 17. But not now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Its a well known fact West coast are fair traders, we offered all we could give and it still wasn't enough.
we have enough threads siteing the merits of the West Coast Angles ..who always give all they can and how its just unfortunate that if its not enough..

keep your comments in there or you will feel how giving and open our mods can be...

Footy_Fan2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2008
Sin City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No One
I'd like to chime in here because I am new to this hating Geelong thing and I would like to give my perspective, firstly the Kelly trade left a bitter taste in my mouth due to how hard ball your administration was but then along come this year and the bragging mid season was the final straw...I'm now fully in hate "Hate Geelong" camp.
How about you fu** off. Bunch of coke heads

Wojcinski

If your dad has no beard, you've got two mums
Aug 14, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Its a well known fact West coast are fair traders, we offered all we could give and it still wasn't enough.
Like when Mitch Brown wanted a trade back to Melbourne for family reasons and St Kilda offered Jamie Cripps.

WCE screwed Brown over and ended up getting Cripps for nothing who was upset at being offered in trade after the whole thing was initiated by WCE. One of the most underhanded deals thats ever happened in the AFL.

Or how about the Yeo trade? LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premi3rship

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney NSW
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Bluesox
Its just footy. We are hard wired to think our club is the best, our players are the greatest, and our culture is the richest.
All clubs and supporters are the same.
Any club which is successful will have sharks circling, looking to take them down a peg and remind them that they arent as great as they think they are.
It cant be taken personally.
I really dont think Joel Selwood spends his nights crying into his three premiership cups, because Terry the Richmond supporting scaffolder from Reservoir told the boys at 'The Rezzie' he was a ducker.

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Like when Mitch Brown wanted a trade back to Melbourne for family reasons and St Kilda offered Jamie Cripps.

WCE screwed Brown over and ended up getting Cripps for nothing who was upset at being offered in trade after the whole thing was initiated by WCE. One of the most underhanded deals thats ever happened in the AFL.

Or how about the Yeo trade? LOL
I do feel obliged to correct this, Brown was offered one year by us but chose to try his hand in the draft.

Down at K Park

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Speak for yourself, I had a whole weekend planned of s**tposting on the Eagles board that's had to be cancelled.

Such a crying shame.
It sure is. I want to go over there and tell them how much they are going to hand over for kelly and if they don’t like it, stiff s**t, they can’t have him and he can sign a 6 yr deal here. They will love being told what they are going to do. Everyone does from opposition supporters :rolleyes:

Baby Duck

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
I imagine years of absolutely thumping basically every team in the comp and winning multiple flags ticks a few supporters off. Imagine having 1-2 games every year you can count as a loss long before its played. Or say for example you are a Melbourne supporter and you just attended that game in Geelong a few years back...if I didnt support us I would probably hate us too. The hatred is intensifying now that the little bottom feeders can smell a bit of blood, I think everyone has been lining up to really kick us after another embarrassing loss that seems far too inevitable these days.

And you know what, I really think the club seems to be getting an air of an entitlement from such prolonged success.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seeds

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
I imagine years of absolutely thumping basically every team in the comp and winning multiple flags ticks a few supporters off. Imagine having 1-2 games every year you can count as a loss long before its played. Or say for example you are a Melbourne supporter and you just attended that game in Geelong a few years back...if I didnt support us I would probably hate us too. The hatred is intensifying now that the little bottom feeders can smell a bit of blood, I think everyone has been lining up to really kick us after another embarrassing loss that seems far too inevitable these days.

And you know what, I really think the club seems to be getting an air of an entitlement from such prolonged success.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The measure of success is not being slightly better then the worst team in the comp. Plus choking in finals constantly is a very different form of humiliation then simply not having the talent on the park.

catman2006

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Finals record of 3 to 10 despite being favourites in most of those finals. Its humiliation.
Again who had us favourites? our list has been no better then ranked 4 to 5th for last 5 years, our home and away season we have way over achieved Chris Scotts first 3 years was the closest he was to winning another premiership in terms of list ability.

Shai

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Get used to it, we will get fkd over every which way and that is something that has been going on for a very long time.

Don't want to be labelled a whinger, do you.?

Top Bottom