Opinion Why the hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two answers to this thread -
- there are issues that annoy folks, but it ain’t hate - I think Chris has done a great job rebuilding the team with stuff all draft picks but I’m massively annoyed by the predictable fragility of our game plan to big games/rested pressure teams and lack of ownership and denial of problems with byes and finals (Carter was just plain funny, taking the aggressive denial approach rejecting this pre finals, getting the stats wrong). But end of day I still respect the job that Chris and co have done. Of course this doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be changes if we have a straight sets.
- the other reason is the olde ‘haters goin’ to hate’. Will find a reason or justification no matter how small or unreal.

Scott’s whining about where finals are playedand refusing to accept he may be wrong despite a woeful finals record goes some way to explaining

It’s not Scott. He’s just a flash point. If anything it’s being up for so long, and keeping our home ground. There is allot of jealousy about that which we highlighted when we asked politely to be given same rights as interstate clubs to host a family final. Spark to kindling, boom.

At times I intensely dislike most other football clubs. Loads of love for us in ‘07, as there was dogs 16, tigers 17. But not now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its a well known fact West coast are fair traders, we offered all we could give and it still wasn't enough.

we have enough threads siteing the merits of the West Coast Angles ..who always give all they can and how its just unfortunate that if its not enough..

keep your comments in there or you will feel how giving and open our mods can be...

I'd like to chime in here because I am new to this hating Geelong thing and I would like to give my perspective, firstly the Kelly trade left a bitter taste in my mouth due to how hard ball your administration was but then along come this year and the bragging mid season was the final straw...I'm now fully in hate "Hate Geelong" camp.

How about you * off. Bunch of coke heads

Look ive been asked to take my comments elsewhere, just remember not being welcome here may extend back the other way.
I wouldn't go onto another team's board and say I hate the club. That is asking for trouble.

Its a well known fact West coast are fair traders, we offered all we could give and it still wasn't enough.
Like when Mitch Brown wanted a trade back to Melbourne for family reasons and St Kilda offered Jamie Cripps.

WCE screwed Brown over and ended up getting Cripps for nothing who was upset at being offered in trade after the whole thing was initiated by WCE. One of the most underhanded deals thats ever happened in the AFL.

Or how about the Yeo trade? LOL

Look ive been asked to take my comments elsewhere, just remember not being welcome here may extend back the other way.
Oh nooo please don't make us feel unwelcome on the WCE board, what ever will we do with our lives now :(

Its just footy. We are hard wired to think our club is the best, our players are the greatest, and our culture is the richest.
All clubs and supporters are the same.
Any club which is successful will have sharks circling, looking to take them down a peg and remind them that they arent as great as they think they are.
It cant be taken personally.
I really dont think Joel Selwood spends his nights crying into his three premiership cups, because Terry the Richmond supporting scaffolder from Reservoir told the boys at 'The Rezzie' he was a ducker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like when Mitch Brown wanted a trade back to Melbourne for family reasons and St Kilda offered Jamie Cripps.

WCE screwed Brown over and ended up getting Cripps for nothing who was upset at being offered in trade after the whole thing was initiated by WCE. One of the most underhanded deals thats ever happened in the AFL.

Or how about the Yeo trade? LOL
I do feel obliged to correct this, Brown was offered one year by us but chose to try his hand in the draft.

I do feel obliged to correct this, Brown was offered one year by us but chose to try his hand in the draft.
The trade was requested in 2012, Mitch Brown played for WCE until the end of 2016 so not sure what you're on about

Speak for yourself, I had a whole weekend planned of s**tposting on the Eagles board that's had to be cancelled.

Such a crying shame.
It sure is. I want to go over there and tell them how much they are going to hand over for kelly and if they don’t like it, stiff s**t, they can’t have him and he can sign a 6 yr deal here. They will love being told what they are going to do. Everyone does from opposition supporters :rolleyes:

I imagine years of absolutely thumping basically every team in the comp and winning multiple flags ticks a few supporters off. Imagine having 1-2 games every year you can count as a loss long before its played. Or say for example you are a Melbourne supporter and you just attended that game in Geelong a few years back...if I didnt support us I would probably hate us too. The hatred is intensifying now that the little bottom feeders can smell a bit of blood, I think everyone has been lining up to really kick us after another embarrassing loss that seems far too inevitable these days.

And you know what, I really think the club seems to be getting an air of an entitlement from such prolonged success.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I imagine years of absolutely thumping basically every team in the comp and winning multiple flags ticks a few supporters off. Imagine having 1-2 games every year you can count as a loss long before its played. Or say for example you are a Melbourne supporter and you just attended that game in Geelong a few years back...if I didnt support us I would probably hate us too. The hatred is intensifying now that the little bottom feeders can smell a bit of blood, I think everyone has been lining up to really kick us after another embarrassing loss that seems far too inevitable these days.

And you know what, I really think the club seems to be getting an air of an entitlement from such prolonged success.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The measure of success is not being slightly better then the worst team in the comp. Plus choking in finals constantly is a very different form of humiliation then simply not having the talent on the park.

Finals record of 3 to 10 despite being favourites in most of those finals. Its humiliation.
Again who had us favourites? our list has been no better then ranked 4 to 5th for last 5 years, our home and away season we have way over achieved Chris Scotts first 3 years was the closest he was to winning another premiership in terms of list ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back