List Mgmt. Why the Late Change of Choice for Pick 5 in 2014 Draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be Hine's biggest mistake next to Freeman. Hopefully he is at Richmond next year.

Then we got Aish to make up for Freeman destroying his Hammies

degoey with more time in the centre and another preseason behind him will prove to be a very good pick and a very good player
for us for a long time to come. very happy with him in how he is going

No one is doubting that wright is going to be a good player. Could have taken him or taken Degoey and at the draft it was splitting hairs. We choose the former. As second year players, both appear to be tracking nicely. Other than making assumptions about their future developments we can't really tell who will turn out better. Long way to go from here. I'm happy we chose Degoey personally, but can appreciate other people's opinions that we needed another key forward. There are obviously a mirad of reasons we didn't go a tall but I would say it's because we were looking to replace a midfielder of Beams caliber - who may I remind you granted us the pick.
Good post, I appreciate your response.

De Goey is going through the usual second year blues. Grundy went through it in 2014 as well and part of it was increased expectation from a surprising first season. In reality, De Goey's numbers have improved over last year and if he can really iron out his game over the next few years, he'll be a great in and under mid soon.

Don't stress out. Jordy will be fine.

De Goey is going through the usual second year blues. Grundy went through it in 2014 as well and part of it was increased expectation from a surprising first season. In reality, De Goey's numbers have improved over last year and if he can really iron out his game over the next few years, he'll be a great in and under mid soon.

Don't stress out. Jordy will be fine.

Is he having second year blues though?

I know stats are not everything but he is up in majority of statistical categories on his first year. I would say at the moment he would be in the top couple of performed second year players in the league. Everyone seems to be potting him but he is getting more of the ball, he disposal efficiency is improved and down on clangers. He will be a very handy 200 game player

We were all in agreement that we needed a big bodied midfielder...especially after losing Beams. De Goey was best available.

We also took a 200cm forward at pick 9 in Darcy Moore, so there was probably no need for two of a similar type.

I am happy with the de goey and moore combination

Watching wright knowing we shoukd of taken him even during the draft is frustrating as!!
Mason Cox kicked 4 against Brisbane as well.

Wright will be a gun though. I just think we made the right choice considering we had Moore lined up with oir next pick. Moore will be as good as Wright if not better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You also don't have a crystal ball and know if a high performer in junior footy will translate to senior AFL footy either.. but when you draft one who doesn't make the grade.. it's a drafting mistake. Why is recruiting a guy who doesn't even get on the park to see if he can make the grade somehow excluded from your definition of a drafting mistake then?? What's the difference? one doesn't make it because his junior tallent doesn't translate, the other because his body is not up to it.

Because talent spotters cant possibly know this.

So Wright 1 kick and 5 handballs tonight, 0 marks and 0 goals.

De goey in my view was lively with 19 touches.

Both against good opposition, so yeah.. 2 metre Peter talk will be quiet this week.
Wright 3 goals, 8 marks
De Goey dropped
I like this game

Is he having second year blues though?

I know stats are not everything but he is up in majority of statistical categories on his first year. I would say at the moment he would be in the top couple of performed second year players in the league. Everyone seems to be potting him but he is getting more of the ball, he disposal efficiency is improved and down on clangers. He will be a very handy 200 game player
If we were winning regularly then potting would feel far less.
Lately De Goey has become the fashioned punching bag.
At some point it will move on to another player.

I'm a little worried about the ACL injuries posters must be suffering as a result of all the knee jerk reactions on here. At least we can blame them on Daveron though.
Gold Coast have something like 5 likely types with knee injuries too. Unsure but could be Davoren was seen in Surfers Paradice...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back