List Mgmt. Why the Late Change of Choice for Pick 5 in 2014 Draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

The same thing happened last year when Stewart played well for half a game.
peter will be a good player, but our boards always looking backwards approach is getting a bit blah for me

peter will be a good player, but our boards always looking backwards approach is getting a bit blah for me
Really? I haven't really noticed that on our board, which is surprising because I would have thought that at some stage someone would have mentioned that we have gone backwards for the last 5 years.

Against Freo :thumbsu:
I noticed the thread was awfully quiet when Wright played crap. Works both ways.
Wright played crap for one game, wise people don't pot players based on that sample.

While De Goey has been De Pooeying it up for yonks and incidentally got dropped on the back of the 19 tpuches game you praised :thumbsu:
With me it usually only works one way.

Wright played crap for one game, wise people don't pot players based on that sample.

While De Goey has been De Pooeying it up for yonks and incidentally got dropped on the back of the 19 tpuches game you praised :thumbsu:
Lol no he got dropped after the Adelaide game. The 19 touch one was the GWS game wasnt it?

And i only potted him on the one bad game due to the fact people keep talking him up and saying we made the wrong call and De Goey is a spud and talking Wright up like his the next Lockett.

I have always said how about we let them both develop before we judge. De Goey is being played out of position, anyone who cant see that is blind. He is an inside hard at it Bull like midfielder and instead he is being played on a half forward which is more of an outside roll.

I remember one game last year against Geelong late in the year when we beat them he was played midfield most of the game and he killed it! 26 disposals, 17 contested, 10 clearances.

Must of taken you a while to come up with DePooey.....

This board has been getting worse by the week tbh. I hardly come on here anymore. The matchday threads are a joke and just a all in to bag anyone and everyone.

Lol no he got dropped after the Adelaide game. The 19 touch one was the GWS game wasnt it?
Nah, he had 19 touches in the Adelaide game and you called them "lively" :p
And i only potted him on the one bad game due to the fact people keep talking him up and saying we made the wrong call and De Goey is a spud and talking Wright up like his the next Lockett.

I have always said how about we let them both develop before we judge. De Goey is being played out of position, anyone who cant see that is blind. He is an inside hard at it Bull like midfielder and instead he is being played on a half forward which is more of an outside roll.

I remember one game last year against Geelong late in the year when we beat them he was played midfield most of the game and he killed it! 26 disposals, 17 contested, 10 clearances.
Not sure I've seen anyone call him a spud, I certainly think he will become a decent player.
But I've always thought he wasn't worthy of pick 5 and Wright would have really filled the need for us.
And so far, 2 years down the track, it's looking that way.

Nah, he had 19 touches in the Adelaide game and you called them "lively" :p

Not sure I've seen anyone call him a spud, I certainly think he will become a decent player.
But I've always thought he wasn't worthy of pick 5 and Wright would have really filled the need for us.
And so far, 2 years down the track, it's looking that way.

Well it was to. Il cop that on the chin, still didnt think he deserved to be dropped but ah well it happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't control the past. Can only prepare for the future :)

Can't control the past. Can only prepare for the future :)
the past is for historians and we cannot change it, rather look forward realistically to see if we can get better

A lot of your posts make more sense now

Lever playing well again tonight. Would have liked him.

I'm fine with us taking DeGoey, but if there is going to be buyers remorse for pick 5 it should be for Lever, not Wright. Mason Cox has done similar to Wright this year. Lever would be very handy for us right now.

We were all in agreement that we needed a big bodied midfielder...especially after losing Beams. De Goey was best available.

We also took a 200cm forward at pick 9 in Darcy Moore, so there was probably no need for two of a similar type.

I am happy with the de goey and moore combination

I have no Complaints about the Moore and De Goey.

We did need a Mid after Beams left but I still feel that Wright as a KPF/Ruck was the Bigger Need.

Both Wright and De Goey should be guns

I would not 100% say De Goey was best Available at Pick 5

The way we have been going with some development issues who says Wright would be preforming the same way for us?
4rPml0U.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back