Why we should base a game plan around attacking medium forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway...

Worth a bump. Especially with all this talk of us needing KPDs while we draft medium forwards.

I'm still of the opinion this could work. In fact more so now cos we have Clarko at the helm. There was alot of this stuff in his sides after buddy left.

We still have the likes of Sleevo, TT, Curtis, Curtis, Bull, even JZ (hmmm). LDU can play as a marking forward but I'd prefer we left him in the middle, So can Cunners and that would make more sense. Even Jy can play there, as our young mids get older and bigger I don't mind he or LDU moving forward.

But we've also added Sheez, B. George, Cooper Harvey, Shiels could play forward a bit and I'm not including smaller forward types like Mahony, Lazz and Spicey.

I think mobile medium forwards are a way to break the hold intercepting defenders are starting to take on the way the game is played. Even the media has been banging on about their value since I started this thread, so perhaps its time we saw if we can make KPDs a little redundant.
It all comes down to delivery into the forward line, and at least one ruckman/forward to bring the ball to ground if it comes in too high.

It all comes down to delivery into the forward line, and at least one ruckman/forward to bring the ball to ground if it comes in too high.
Yeah, i agree. Its on the system then. But I think Clarko is more likely to run a side that develops good forward 50 entries compared to one that doesn't.

And so from that perspective we have four potential players (Souv, Comben, CCJ and Edwards,) who can provide that option and Goldy next year in a pinch.

I mean it's a good thing to have dangerous medium and small forwards but it's also a good thing to have a big target especially in close games.

I mean it's a good thing to have dangerous medium and small forwards but it's also a good thing to have a big target especially in close games.
I'm not advocating no KPDs but two, especially if they're mobile like Larkey and Comben look to be, could be more than enough if we have good structures and players know what they are doing. Intercepting backmen play a particular role and if it can be broken down with smaller mobile forwards who need their attention that opens the game up for bigger target forwards as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back