Geonet

Senior List
Feb 11, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
This is the subject line in one of the threads at Dockerland. Most of those guys have no doubt that we're going to get beaten! Well I would like to say that I think the shockers fans are up for a big surprise. I strongly believe they couldn't beat us with Jeff Farmer and Clive Waterhouse in the team let alone without them. Of course I could be wrong but I'll take the risk anyway. Now my prediction is that we'll beat them and the margin will be greater than most people think. They're ridiculing our return to the old uniform but of course they are just ignorant of the significance and the impact things like that have in the psych of most players. So much so that the WILL to win is often the difference between teams of similar value. And I have no doubt that our WILL to win the derby is greater than theirs. Not only that but I also believe we have an all round better team.

Now I am under the impression that people in this forum don't want to make predictions but what the hell! The worse it can happen is that you will be wrong. So my fellow Eagles supporters it's time for you to add your reasons. Why do you think we will beat the Frockers on Sunday ?

We will win for the following reasons-
Significantly better midfield than the anchorheads. Games are won and lost in the midfield, and i think that Kerr, Wirrpunda, Braun, Fletcher, Cousins and Cox is a pretty impressive lineup.

Macintosh's excellent form. With Waterhouse injured, and Farmer suspended, the obvious cogent threat is Croad- a hard leading forward, but alas, in his current form, Milli eats hard leading forwards for breakfast.

Pavlich's lack of a dominant position- Argueably their single most dangerous player, Pavlich is either going to lineup at CHF or CHB. If he lines up at CHF, Jako will humiliate him. If he lines up at CHB, he'll be trying to stop Gardiner from marking- something i frankly don't believe *any* CHB in the league can do.

West Coasts lack of Injuries- We had a pretty much clear list to choose from, and as such, you can say that if someone was picked for the final 22, they were absolutely the fittest, hardest working guys at training- same can't be said for the injury marred dockers ,who have been playing nip and tuck to find a team.

finally- the X factor-
the jumpers/woosha- i seriously believe you're going to see the guys come out with a sort of passion and pride we didn't see all this season. I don't think a player can wear the old blue and gold with out knowing that *this* is the premier football club in WA, and that freo are nothing but a bunch of snivelling upstarts in purple frocks. With all the crap in the media about freo being better than WC this year, i think there are going to be a lot of West Coastians determined to prove to Worsfold, to the public, and to the fans, that we are the real club in WA.

Geonet - I concur with your feelings about those nobs at dockerland. Theyve been pumping their own tyres up all over summer and reckon there gonna hand out a shellacking with their vastly improved side.

If they improve 100% on last year, they'll win 4 games.
If we improve 50% on last year we will will 7 or 8, which I think is reasonable ( I am hoping for 10 wins).

I've never come across a bunch of people who are so deluded and driven by hate and jealousy. So in saying that I will not make any brash predictions and just say that I think the mighty Eagles will get up and win in a hard fought battle.

Mead "took the words right out of my mouth" with that analysis.

* Superior midfield to the Eagles
* Nobody able to match up on Wilson (Parker their only option)
* The Dockers considering Seiget to tag Cousins - what a laugh!
* Dockers forward line, No Farmer, No Waterhouse - No Hope
* Eagles home game, 38,000 vs 1,000 of them :D
* Doing it for the jumper and Woosha - respect for the coach (enough said)

Originally posted by Mead
We will win for the following reasons-

finally- the X factor-
the jumpers/woosha- i seriously believe you're going to see the guys come out with a sort of passion and pride we didn't see all this season. I don't think a player can wear the old blue and gold with out knowing that *this* is the premier football club in WA, and that freo are nothing but a bunch of snivelling upstarts in purple frocks. With all the crap in the media about freo being better than WC this year, i think there are going to be a lot of West Coastians determined to prove to Worsfold, to the public, and to the fans, that we are the real club in WA.

I'll drink to that. There's been absolutely nothing to suggest that West Coast aren't going to make a real go of it this season. We definately don't suck yet and I reckon if we go about it quietly we could shake it up a bit this year. But let's keep a lid on it hey boys???!!! Just show them quietly without being obnoxious.

Go you mighty Eagles!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back