Prediction Why won't we win the 2019 flag?

Can we still win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would he need to?

FFS his willingness to go into bat in public for every player and brushing off all media scrutiny netted us a flag last year. A couple of bad weeks and suddenly it's time to change coaches and delist half of the first 22 it seems.
If you think blowing smoke up everyone's ass is the way to win a flag every single year then you're uneducated and deluded

Can you imagine how much s**ttier this whole situation would have been had we lost the GF last year? Then again, perhaps the hunger of missing out would prevent us being here altogether.
Our 2016 was pretty much exactly the same situation, lost 2015 GF, had high hopes 2016, finished 6th, hosted bulldogs and got smashed which was ******* ridiculous.

We're almost in the exact same scenario right now, finished the season below where we should be, now host an Essendon team who'll also regain a host of star players and I'm getting the feeling we're in for a pumping (unless Simpson pulls his finger out of his ass, motivates the players and actually takes control of the team, structure and game plan instead of letting the players run their own show).... however we We're lucky enough to have won the flag last year

If you think blowing smoke up everyone's ass is the way to win a flag every single year then you're uneducated and deluded

Rocket Eade style coaches are dead.

I am sure Simmo has quiet words whenever he feels a player isn't performing but I'd rather his approach rather than things like telling the media a player is delisted before they even knew they were, or blaming a player for a loss.

Our 2016 was pretty much exactly the same situation, lost 2015 GF, had high hopes 2016, finished 6th, hosted bulldogs and got smashed which was ******* ridiculous.

We're almost in the exact same scenario right now, finished the season below where we should be, now host an Essendon team who'll also regain a host of star players and I'm getting the feeling we're in for a pumping (unless Simpson pulls his finger out of his ass, motivates the players and actually takes control of the team, structure and game plan instead of letting the players run their own show).... however we We're lucky enough to have won the flag last year

I feel like it's the same situation but with opposite feeling.

2016 we were doing just enough to get over teams. Always felt like we never hit that switch. Then all of sudden, we clicked and storm home by Nic pinching the GWS game, we mauled the Hawks and the Crows to finish the year. Had momentum, then s**t the bed in the final. We also lost Nic in that Hawks game, which left everyone a bit flat, but after crushing Adelaide away, we had huge hopes we were the form team.

2019 we seem to be similar in some ways. We've had to hit the switch to get over teams. Played scintilating footy for the first quarter of the Richmond game, our best all year, and then the brakes were put on us and we couldn't quite grind it out. Then Hawks mauled us. We have no momentum and a final we're worried about. But we have Nic coming back.

Eerily converse in many ways.

I feel like it's the same situation but with opposite feeling.

2016 we were doing just enough to get over teams. Always felt like we never hit that switch. Then all of sudden, we clicked and storm home by Nic pinching the GWS game, we mauled the Hawks and the Crows to finish the year. Had momentum, then s**t the bed in the final. We also lost Nic in that Hawks game, which left everyone a bit flat, but after crushing Adelaide away, we had huge hopes we were the form team.

2019 we seem to be similar in some ways. We've had to hit the switch to get over teams. Played scintilating footy for the first quarter of the Richmond game, our best all year, and then the brakes were put on us and we couldn't quite grind it out. Then Hawks mauled us. We have no momentum and a final we're worried about. But we have Nic coming back.

Eerily converse in many ways.
It's funny you say that about 2016 because we had a percentage of 132 or so. Percentages were very high that year, compared to last season and this season

Why we wont win the flag? we only win in the even number years, not the odd number years. 1991, 2005, and 2015 are the years we played in losing grand finals

but other than that winning 4 out of 7 is a pretty good strike rate

Isn't it crazy three GFs were decided by less than a goal?

The difference between 2 out of 7 and 5 out of 7.

Anyone get the feeling the Essendon game WON'T be a close one?

I dunno, I think we either come out breathing fire and don't to be them a look, win by 50+, or they stun us and run away with it.

Could be wrong, but just a feeling I get. WC and Essendon have tended to either win or lose comfortably this year as well.

A part of me finds it hard to imagine us being humiliated at home yet again, though. I'm moderately confident but definitely don't feel we've got this in the bag. Hopefully after Hawthorn the coaches and players are the same and will really battle for it.

We're almost in the exact same scenario right now, finished the season below where we should be, now host an Essendon team who'll also regain a host of star players and I'm getting the feeling we're in for a pumping (unless Simpson pulls his finger out of his ass, motivates the players and actually takes control of the team, structure and game plan instead of letting the players run their own show)....
Ross Lyon is the answer you’ve been looking for.

Said at the start of the season that I thought we would go back to back and still think we will. Bit of a hiccup missing the 4 but I think the bye week is in our favour this time, as opposed to 2016 when it halted all our momentum. Give a few players the chance to get over a few niggles. Jack was clearly hampered against the Hawks, not sure how bad Hurn is but he definitely didn't want to go for his kicks. If we are as fit as possible we are still a massive chance. I reckon we can beat anyone anywhere. Pies maybe the most difficult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't say that, you can't say that, you're only a part time supporter if you say that, you can only say positive things even if they're not true
*it seems like they're rearing to go. For anyone not at the haws game, they were up and about. Players were giving 110% all over the ground.

Said at the start of the season that I thought we would go back to back and still think we will. Bit of a hiccup missing the 4 but I think the bye week is in our favour this time, as opposed to 2016 when it halted all our momentum. Give a few players the chance to get over a few niggles. Jack was clearly hampered against the Hawks, not sure how bad Hurn is but he definitely didn't want to go for his kicks. If we are as fit as possible we are still a massive chance. I reckon we can beat anyone anywhere. Pies maybe the most difficult.

Yeah I'm actually kinda confident. Still cautious, we could easily lose next Thursday, but quietly optimistic. I know we often say this is the lost we had to have, maybe it'll give us the kick up the backside we need, but the bye, NN probably coming back, will give us a chance to rest and reset. We are still a notch or two above the Bombers, let's play like it.

Hate being negative, and would love to be proven wrong. But I have a bad feeling we are gonna lose to Essendon
Can nearly guarantee we'll beat essendon. It's the week after that's a concern. Taking out the pies or geelong at the G will be a tougher game than the GF.

Would have been better the finish 4th, lose week 1 and get a home elim final against weaker opposition. Losing 4th has cost the team any real chance.

Can nearly guarantee we'll beat essendon. It's the week after that's a concern. Taking out the pies or geelong at the G will be a tougher game than the GF.

Would have been better the finish 4th, lose week 1 and get a home elim final against weaker opposition. Losing 4th has cost the team any real chance.

I dunno, there may be an upside to finishing 5th. On paper a very winnable game at home...if we win it, it'll give us confidence going forth, and NN should definitely be primed and ready for the SF if not the EF. Though would've loved Geelong at the G too. Honestly though would just be stoked to get into a PF.

Back