WI vs Pakistan 2 Tests

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
First test gets underway tonight

I don’t like West Indies’ Don’t Have Shannon Gabriel Available bowling policy but I do like their Dont Have Shannon Gabriel batting policy after his last test innings against them.

been very evenly matched these two sides in their recent test encounters

Plenty of rain and a spinning pitch predicted - God himself couldn’t answer the question as to why the West Indies would favour a spinning surface but given their most recent success was in Bangladesh and the likes of Mayers, Bonner and Brathwaite actually made runs there maybe it will help.

hopefully they go something like Brathwaite, Powell, Bonner, Brooks/Hope, Chase, Holder, De Silva Cornwall, Joseph, Roach, Seales - gives a good overall attack and a bit of all round depth

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Know where we can watch this one PhatBoy? Here's hoping either the PCB or WICB will be streaming.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I think we can dispense with the Powell experiment finally. We may as well have kept John Campbell. At least he generally sees off the new ball before disappointing everyone. Please open with hope.

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Sadly didn't get a chance to watch any of this last night, but hats off to the Windies bowlers for preventing Pakistan from reaching 250. A few threatening partnerships there, but the Windies kept pegging them back.

Mohammad Abbas killing it early on, from the looks of the scorecard he was on a hat trick at one point. Expecting a really tough battle for the West Indies batsmen, but Sabina Park is a smallish ground so an aggressive cameo or two should see the Windies at least getting within earshot of the Pakistan score.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Sadly didn't get a chance to watch any of this last night, but hats off to the Windies bowlers for preventing Pakistan from reaching 250. A few threatening partnerships there, but the Windies kept pegging them back.

Mohammad Abbas killing it early on, from the looks of the scorecard he was on a hat trick at one point. Expecting a really tough battle for the West Indies batsmen, but Sabina Park is a smallish ground so an aggressive cameo or two should see the Windies at least getting within earshot of the Pakistan score.

The Bonner decision was probably harsh but it was textbook Abbas, back of a length, stump to stump, caught him on the crease.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
I'm liking the make up of the West Indies batting line-up now that they've decided to use Holder as part of the main 4 bowlers with Mayers and Chase being used as all-rounders. It's just a shame their batsman struggle with the whole batting thing to ruin how deep they bat down.

I feel like Holder must have a great record v Pakistan. I can remember him knocking them over a few times. Same with Abbas v WI though.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm liking the make up of the West Indies batting line-up now that they've decided to use Holder as part of the main 4 bowlers with Mayers and Chase being used as all-rounders. It's just a shame their batsman struggle with the whole batting thing to ruin how deep they bat down.

I feel like Holder must have a great record v Pakistan. I can remember him knocking them over a few times. Same with Abbas v WI though.

Given how little Warrican bowled I’d have liked to see Blackwood there instead but it is what it is. No excuse with the bat if we can’t at least reach par. We are like a diet version of Australia at the moment. A bowling team who’s batsmen can’t (smith and marnus the exceptions obviously) give them the back up they’ve earned.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
While the batting lurches from one issue to the next I’m impressed that the depth of the attack continues to grow. Seales looks like quite an intelligent bowler for a 19 year old. Mayers is never going to run through an opposition but he definitely gets swing and is good for 10-15 overs an innings. A combination of Holder, Roach, Gabriel, Joseph, Chemar Holder, Seales, Cornwall, Mayers, Chase and Warrican is workable.

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney

I don't trust techniques of any West Indian batsmen.

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
While the batting lurches from one issue to the next I’m impressed that the depth of the attack continues to grow. Seales looks like quite an intelligent bowler for a 19 year old. Mayers is never going to run through an opposition but he definitely gets swing and is good for 10-15 overs an innings. A combination of Holder, Roach, Gabriel, Joseph, Chemar Holder, Seales, Cornwall, Mayers, Chase and Warrican is workable.

Roach is going soon, maybe so too Gabriel. Rest of seam are medium pacers helped by wickets. Spin is s**t

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Roach is going soon, maybe so too Gabriel. Rest of seam are medium pacers helped by wickets. Spin is sh*t

Roach just turned 33 and so did Gabriel. Roach has taken nearly 80 wickets at 23 since turning 30. The latter plays no other cricket and roach isn’t part of the circus. Your comment also completely ignores the fact that three of the bowlers mentioned have a combined age of 65.

what exactly is your problem with people pointing out anything remotely positive about a team who for the time being is absolutely no threat to your own? You sound almost personally offended?

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Roach just turned 33 and so did Gabriel. Roach has taken nearly 80 wickets at 23 since turning 30. The latter plays no other cricket and roach isn’t part of the circus. Your comment also completely ignores the fact that three of the bowlers mentioned have a combined age of 65.

what exactly is your problem with people pointing out anything remotely positive about a team who for the time being is absolutely no threat to your own? You sound almost personally offended?

Side is equal ranked with Sri Lanka, only ahead of Bangladesh & Zimbabwe. You're overstating positive

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Side is equal ranked with Sri Lanka, only ahead of Bangladesh & Zimbabwe. You're overstating positive

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t realise there were rules. I suppose Bangladesh fans shouldn’t be happy or optimistic that their t20 side has improved or that their test team is better than it once was.

improvement isn’t improvement unless you’re dominating the world.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
No-one gets dudded more by ball tracking than Jason Holder.

In both disciplines.
I think we saw an example this morning of how drs has changed umpiring. For so long there is no way that shout on Bonner would have been given out. Umpires have a tendency to err on the side of ‘drs will save me if I get it wrong.’ Height ones more than anything have seen the former conventions dispensed with

Back