WI vs Pakistan 2 Tests

Remove this Banner Ad

In both disciplines.
I think we saw an example this morning of how drs has changed umpiring. For so long there is no way that shout on Bonner would have been given out. Umpires have a tendency to err on the side of ‘drs will save me if I get it wrong.’ Height ones more than anything have seen the former conventions dispensed with
Slowly watching yesterday's play this afternoon, so haven't seen the Bonner one. I'm only up to Azhar's wicket.

Also, the WI are painfully slow as far as over rates go. I get that they're all fast bowlers, but they're lucky to get through 9 overs in an hour sometimes. Roach is a terrific bowler, but god does he slow the game down!

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t realise there were rules. I suppose Bangladesh fans shouldn’t be happy or optimistic that their t20 side has improved or that their test team is better than it once was.

improvement isn’t improvement unless you’re dominating the world.

Improved so much they haven't moved ahead of the weakest SA & sri Lankan teams we've seen. You're trying to convince yourself

Improved so much they haven't moved ahead of the weakest SA & sri Lankan teams we've seen. You're trying to convince yourself

Don’t need to convince yourself of facts. Answer the question.

does improvement count if you haven’t climbed to the top.

seriously it’s puzzling. Even the people who watched West Indies pizzle Everyone for two decades aren’t traumatised enough to get antsy because someone else has noticed and recognised their slow but definite improvement. What is so hard for you to accept about that?

Are they hyped? No.
are they scumbags? No.
Are they a threat to Australia? No.
Are they home track bullies? Well they play better at home but they’ve done ok away relative to how they were going this time 5-6-7 years ago.
Do they hold the game to ransom and ruin aspects of international cricket with their demands etc? Well no, they’ve actually been one of the few cricket boards and sides willing to do whatever they’ve been asked since Covid.

its baffling.

I get that there’s no demand for people to like them, everyone likes different teams. But the blatant refusal to acknowledge what literally every other cricket fan can see is strange to say the least

Even the Sri Lanka comment is strange. Worst we’ve ever seen? How much cricket have you watched? Leading up to 1997 when they started a bit of an upward curve, they won 7 out of 50 tests.

they’ve won 18 out of their last 50 and you only have to go back 24 tests to see their last 7 wins.

Slowly watching yesterday's play this afternoon, so haven't seen the Bonner one. I'm only up to Azhar's wicket.

Also, the WI are painfully slow as far as over rates go. I get that they're all fast bowlers, but they're lucky to get through 9 overs in an hour sometimes. Roach is a terrific bowler, but god does he slow the game down!

Yeah we are awful for it. There was rain so that’s a slight mitigator but it’s a recurring problem and they don’t seem to have done anything to address it

Yeah we are awful for it. There was rain so that’s a slight mitigator but it’s a recurring problem and they don’t seem to have done anything to address it
Playing the two spinners/part-timers helps, but it'd help more if Roach didn't stop to have a conversation before loping back to the top of his mark, breathing deeply, closing his eyes and saying a brief rosary or three before bowling each ball.

I'm watching the other game at the moment, how's this one progressing? Started yet?

Playing the two spinners/part-timers helps, but it'd help more if Roach didn't stop to have a conversation before loping back to the top of his mark, breathing deeply, closing his eyes and saying a brief rosary or three before bowling each ball.

I'm watching the other game at the moment, how's this one progressing? Started yet?

The windies game? Starts at 1. Hopefully between then and now Pant turns it on and buries the Poms

Decent session for WI despite that abortion of a shot from Chase. His technique is far from pretty or even that effective but there’s no doubting Brathwaite’s thirst for the grind.

another 130-odd runs until I can praise the west indies bowlers

Ok so WI are now in the lead.
Has the praise embargo on our day one performance been lifted yet? Is it still too early to be complimentary about our bowling? How do the rules get applied at the moment?

I digress. Interesting day of cricket so far. Chase did a lot of heavy lifting then ****ed it up.
Blackwood likewise and Mayers joined the cavalcade of first ball dismissals.
Holder batted beautifully - it was a surprise that he got out tbh he hardly looked bothered at all.

brathwaite has really turned things around since the start of that England tour. He looks slightly more proactive

game is beautifully poised

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good enough day but a 34-run lead is underwhelming considering the positions Chase and Brathwaite and then Holder and Brathwaite got us in. Another 20-30 tomorrow would be nice thank you da Silva

Been outplayed, we deserve to lose this. I would say I hope we don't but so frustrated with the Misbah/Waqar era atm that part of me just wants it all to crash and burn so they get ousted

Last edited:
Been outplayed, we deserve to lose this. I would say I hope we don't but so frustrated with the Misbah/Waqar era atm that part of me just wants it all to crash and burn so they get ousted

Game is on Babar’s bat at the moment. WI batting and Pakistan bowling are at levels where 220+ could be enough. Oddly for a side as fragile as the windies we chase reasonably well and having Brathwaite in good form is huge.

get Babar early on day four, I think it’s probably game over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back