corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Can’t wait for the 3rd and deciding…. Oh 2 match series. :mad:
Get used to it:

One thing the WTC has done is basically legitimise that a standard test series is now 2 matches. There are 27 series in the WTC and 17 of them (63%) are 2 match series. The only series that are more than 3 matches are India-Australia (4), England-India and Australia-England (both 5).

Bangladesh are playing all 2 test match series. NZ, Pakistan and WI are only playing the one 3 match series against England. SL also only playing one 3 match series against India.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Guys lke Bonner and Mayers, FairPlay to them Bonner in particular who has played a large part in wins we’ve had of late, they deserve a bit of a run as they started their test careers well. Blackwood too has looked capable most times he’s batted since returning. But you can’t tell me this is a side that is better off for not having Darren Bravo in iy

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
However having Taylor and Williams and next to nothing else doesn’t make Zimbabwe’s batting line up any good
Sikandar Raza is a gun. Madhevere and Burl also show promise.

On batting alone, I'd go..

India
New Zealand
Australia
England
South Africa
Pakistan
West Indies
Bangladesh
Sri Lanka
Zimbabwe
Afghanistan
Ireland

Aus, Eng, RSA and Pakistan all interchangeable imo. All have their ups and downs.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Sikandar Raza is a gun. Madhevere and Burl also show promise.

On batting alone, I'd go..

India
New Zealand
Australia
England
South Africa
Pakistan
West Indies
Bangladesh
Sri Lanka
Zimbabwe
Afghanistan
Ireland

Aus, Eng, RSA and Pakistan all interchangeable imo. All have their ups and downs.

Raza is very destructive but hasn’t really put a lot together in test cricket yet which he can’t do much about given how infrequently they play.

Sri Lanka’s best batting line up is way better than the WI current one but it also rarely plays together - Chandimal Mathews and Mendis have not played a lot of test cricket recently. Karunaratne has had to carry them.

Back