Remove this Banner Ad

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
A few possibilities, Linda Dessau?

Did a HECKLER tip James Hird over the edge? AFL legend 'publicly humiliated by wife of prominent judge' as he spoke at a Christmas drinks function... just three weeks before his 'drug overdose'
  • James Hird was berated by the wife of a prominent judge at a Christmas party
  • A witness said the woman made wild accusations in front of stunned guests
  • The drinks function was just three weeks before Hird's suspected overdose
  • His ex-lawyer says Hird was bullied by AFL officials in lead up to overdose
  • His wife Tania Hird appealed for privacy soon after he was rushed to hospital
  • Mrs Hird found her AFL champion husband on Wednesday after the incident
  • Mrs Hird has remained staunchly by her husband's side during the doping saga
By Nic White and Josh Hanrahan For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 13:29 +11:00, 7 January 2017 | Updated: 19:59 +11:00, 7 January 2017
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ction-three-weeks-drug-overdose.html#comments
James Hird was publicly berated by the wife of a prominent judge at a Christmas party just three weeks before his suspected drug overdose.
The former Essendon AFL coach was given 'both barrels' in front of stunned guests, a witness at the drinks function claimed.
Bruce Francis, a former test cricketer and frequent Hird defender, said the stinging attack left the embattled star 'devastated'.
'[The woman] carried on like a hectoring fishwife and gave James both barrels over what she thought happened at Essendon,' he wrote on Twitter.
'She made startling accusations, all baseless. She had no idea what she was talking about. Her comments had a devastating effect on James.'
Mr Francis, who played three tests for Australia in 1972, said the incident contributed to Hird's 'current situation'.
He also called for a Royal Commission into the the doping scandal and investigation, which has he repeatedly slammed in the past, and claimed Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull was considering one.

Mr Francis' claims come after it was revealed AFL officials were hounding Hird before his overdose on Wednesday.
Steven Amendola, Hird's former lawyer, said the AFL had 'relentlessly trashed his reputation and misrepresented the facts and the context'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4096730/James-Hird-publicly-humiliated-wife-prominent-judge-Christmas-drinks-function-three-weeks-drug-overdose.html#ixzz4V7oSwFUL

OzJohnnie

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017
Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is an interesting thread. Hird supporters spend 20 pages in the previous thread complaining about how mean social media and mainstream media have been so hard on James that they pushed him to the end.

And now this thread on a rumor from Bruce Francis, of all people, where the first comment is "bitch".

And you still wonder why many people think the Hird defenders are a tad sycophantic?

OzJohnnie

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017
Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It was doing the rounds way before Bruce Francis got a hold of it.

I guess that justifies the degrading behaviour toward this unknown woman. Full steam ahead with the vilification!

OzJohnnie

Cancelled
Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Where did you see me either engaging in or defending vilification of this woman?

Nice debate tactics. You learn that misdirection on the back of a cereal box?

You're free to justify your participation however you like. If you choose to deny that this thread is here to attack a woman based purely on the rumor that she said something mean to Hird then feel free. It's your own conscience you must deal with, not mine.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Right. Coming from the poster who quoted my harmless post pointing out that this rumour was out there long before Francis made it public and replied with some line about justifying vilification which had nothing to do with what I posted.

You're free to justify your participation however you like. If you choose to deny that this thread is here to attack a woman based purely on the rumor that she said something mean to Hird then feel free. It's your own conscience you must deal with, not mine.
Participate in what? I haven't said anything about this woman so far in this thread.

If you're that offended by this thread feel free to hit the report button. Until then, keep using that 1 post by a Brisbane supporter to justify your view that Hird defenders must be sycophants.

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon

That's right, it's a rumour- pigeon holed in the right spot. Run along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EIGHTYEIGHTEIGHTYNINE

All Australian
Mar 20, 2009
Port Elliot
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
49ers
A few possibilities, Linda Dessau?

Did a HECKLER tip James Hird over the edge? AFL legend 'publicly humiliated by wife of prominent judge' as he spoke at a Christmas drinks function... just three weeks before his 'drug overdose'
  • James Hird was berated by the wife of a prominent judge at a Christmas party
  • A witness said the woman made wild accusations in front of stunned guests
  • The drinks function was just three weeks before Hird's suspected overdose
  • His ex-lawyer says Hird was bullied by AFL officials in lead up to overdose
  • His wife Tania Hird appealed for privacy soon after he was rushed to hospital
  • Mrs Hird found her AFL champion husband on Wednesday after the incident
  • Mrs Hird has remained staunchly by her husband's side during the doping saga
By Nic White and Josh Hanrahan For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 13:29 +11:00, 7 January 2017 | Updated: 19:59 +11:00, 7 January 2017
James Hird was publicly berated by the wife of a prominent judge at a Christmas party just three weeks before his suspected drug overdose.
The former Essendon AFL coach was given 'both barrels' in front of stunned guests, a witness at the drinks function claimed.
Bruce Francis, a former test cricketer and frequent Hird defender, said the stinging attack left the embattled star 'devastated'.
'[The woman] carried on like a hectoring fishwife and gave James both barrels over what she thought happened at Essendon,' he wrote on Twitter.
'She made startling accusations, all baseless. She had no idea what she was talking about. Her comments had a devastating effect on James.'
Mr Francis, who played three tests for Australia in 1972, said the incident contributed to Hird's 'current situation'.
He also called for a Royal Commission into the the doping scandal and investigation, which has he repeatedly slammed in the past, and claimed Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull was considering one.

Mr Francis' claims come after it was revealed AFL officials were hounding Hird before his overdose on Wednesday.
Steven Amendola, Hird's former lawyer, said the AFL had 'relentlessly trashed his reputation and misrepresented the facts and the context'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4096730/James-Hird-publicly-humiliated-wife-prominent-judge-Christmas-drinks-function-three-weeks-drug-overdose.html#ixzz4V7oSwFUL
Hector's?

Aug 17, 2008
Devonport
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hector.png

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Bruce Francis!

I do however like his line re the hectoring fishwife
I was a fisherman for 37 years, does that make my wife a fish wife? If so I choose to take offence and Bruce Francis can go and get ****ed. Why are fish wives more hectoring than plumber or lumberjack wives, dickhead:p

So....baseless accusations, from someone who didn't know what they were talking about had a "devastating effect" on James.

Riiiiiiight.

I wish Bruce had've stopped his one finger typing for just one minute and read that back to himself a few times, because it smells like bullshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back