Wikileaks founder and good North man Julian Assange

Remove this Banner Ad

So after spending the last half hour reading up on this guy it is apparent he needs to spend some time in jail.

Avoided an arrest warrant for the rape accusations which carries a possible jail term regardless if rape charges have since been dropped.

Also put lives at risk and basically is a hacker.

Won’t lose any sleep whatever happens to this guy but a short jail term seems about right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You don't really know anything about it do you?

The rape case is sketchy. He possibly should have stayed to fight it but ...

When a US soldier leaked evidence of US war crimes in Iraq his organisation published it and he vocally called attention to them doing so. The US wanted to find a way to try him with any capital crime they could and Assange believed that while in Swedish custody he'd be extradited to the US tried in a star chamber and executed. He is paranoid but there is also some evidence to back his paranoia up.

Assange is a right leaning libertarian/anarchist type. Proper one tho - believes in small to no government, individual property rights and all the rest ie he is socially liberal and believes in individual freedom - ie drug use, no restrictions on sexuality (within reason I spose) or government restrictions on behaviour (aside from violent or property crimes). He'd be more likely to vote Trump than Hillary but would probabaly skip them both and vote for the Libertarian candidate if he was a seppo voter.

I wouldn't be surprised if he feels the same way about vegans that you do.

When a US soldier leaked evidence of US war crimes in Iraq his organisation published it and he vocally called attention to them doing so. The US wanted to find a way to try him with any capital crime they could and Assange believed that while in Swedish custody he'd be extradited to the US tried in a star chamber and executed. He is paranoid but there is also some evidence to back his paranoia up.

Assange is a right leaning libertarian/anarchist type. Proper one tho - believes in small to no government, individual property rights and all the rest ie he is socially liberal and believes in individual freedom - ie drug use, no restrictions on sexuality (within reason I spose) or government restrictions on behaviour (aside from violent or property crimes). He'd be more likely to vote Trump than Hillary but would probabaly skip them both and vote for the Libertarian candidate if he was a seppo voter.

Interesting explanation, but does he think Brad Scott should be sacked?

Rape case now being pursued by the Swedish government to bring this low life to justice. If guilty let’s hope he gets to share a cell with BBB (Big Bad Bubba) for life.

Nothing worse in this word than rapists and pedos.

Just thought I'd post this up to say that I for one am standing by Wikileaks founder and North supporter Julian Assange as the Powers That Be try to shut him up.

Having worked as a journalist I have huge sympathy for Assange's courageous quest to drag kicking and screaming into the light the information that governments would rather you didn't know about.

The murders, the disappearances, the lies, the hypocrisy.

Its rather fitting I reckon that Julian is a North supporter. The little guy standing up to might to fight for what is right.

How do I know Julian is a North man?

With tremendous irony, I can't reveal my source but a good mate from Flemington where I grew up (no, its not JamieJohnstone) used to knock around with Julian in the early 90s in Melbourne. They were both keen on computers and got up to all kinds of hijinx, some of which the AFP took a very close interest in.

Suffice to say though, my mate used to take Julian to games, especially Friday night games. I wouldn't say that Julian is an out and footy fanatic, being a fairly sensitive soul, but I do know he enjoyed those games enough to the point where my mate bought him a North membership as a present one year.

It was, as we know, a great time to be a North supporter and my mate says that more than anything Julian loved the sense of occasion, the MCG on a Friday night, some beers afterwards, head off to techno club afterwards, that sort of stuff.

So, as Julian cops the wrath of the most powerful people in the world, I'd just like to say that I for one support what he's doing.

I know its highly unlikely he'll read this, but: Julian - hearts to hearts, leaks to leaks! Keep up the good work and don't the bastards grind you down.

(If you are reading this officers, I never met Julian myself and I certainly don't know where he is now.)

What happened to Sweet Left Foot?

Rape case now being pursued by the Swedish government to bring this low life to justice. If guilty let’s hope he gets to share a cell with BBB (Big Bad Bubba) for life.

Rapists should be dealt with by...........................more rapists?

There are worse things you're just lucky you've never met them.

Anyway,

Interesting that a government wants to pusue a rape case against the guy but the alleged victims aren't that keen. But even more interesting is that it could produce a conflict between two governments extradition plans. Maybe the Swedish government is doing this to interfere with an extradition to the US or maybe not.

From what I understand the rape case is because Assange failed to use a condom or it fell off. Which is a crime in Sweden if the person you're having sex with expects you to wear one or it to stay on.... i dunno its a bit more complex than rape in Australia and I really dunno what happened there.

Anyway the girls went to the cops because they wanted the police to force Assange to take a std test but the cops said "No we're gonna prosecute him with sexual assault."

I dunno if the actual charge in Swedish is "rape" or a lesser charge - perhaps "unlawful coersion". Or failure to wear a franga, which probably has its own charge over there. Anyway it was a controversial decision at the time. And in Sweden these charges are held in private not a public court.

Really the sexual assault laws and surrounding info in Sweden are a lot more progressive/"anti men" depending on your attitude.

Its certainly not in dispute that Assange behaved like a jerk and that he treated the women pretty poorly but its not a crime to be a rude *******. (In most parts of the world anyway.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweden has become a disgraceful nation.

They are the leading exponents of big government.

The contemporary lefties adore them.

Sweden were complicit in the US' black ops torture program following 9/11.

The one where people were flown to various neutral (non US jurisdiction) oplaces so the US could torture them/have them tortured properly without legal comeback. One of the people on Assange's case was involved with the legalities of allowing flight's carrying suspected terrorists to travel thru Sweden, possibly on their way to Uzbekistan. Maybe Lingquist (or similar) was his name. Not sure tho.

I know I don't always agree with your attitude "political correctness gone mad" but I do see the dangers you are talking about and Sweden's legal stuff re Assange is a very good example of it.

Heads up guyz, one of this site's most widely admired posters is appearing on Four Corners tonight to discuss "the Arden Street Connection" in their piece on Julian.

Heads up guyz, one of this site's most widely admired posters is appearing on Four Corners tonight to discuss "the Arden Street Connection" in their piece on Julian.
I’m sorry, I won’t watch that rubbish, Sally Neighbour should quit and Sarah Ferguson is the pits for journalism.. they are pseudo intellectuals that wouldn’t know objectivity if it was plastered on a billboard outside their beijing apartment.

Last edited:

Don’t leave us in suspense!

Is it Artichoke talking about how Assange was one of his 78 good mates?
Is it Zondor lamenting the entire concept of extradition – prisoners should stay in their own states and not relocate.
Kangatime blaming Lindsay Thomas for the entire mess?

My only other guess is Pykie, who will touch on Assange for 1-2 mins and then give us a run down or all finalists in the Walkley Young Journalist of the year aware from 2015 onwards and explain why each and every one of them will be better than Assange ever was as a journalist.

BTW - That Apache video is – still – an absolute disgrace. On par with the sort of behaviour that western nations pontificate about for the last 75 years since the end of WW2 as being unacceptable. I can see the argument about protecting assets on the ground, however it’s hard to take this seriously when the bodies in charge took no action on these acts. These people are murderers and were protected. If the US had openly prosecuted these people before it was even exposed I’d have more time for this argument, if they’d done what they should at the same time as they tried to plug the leaks – maybe ok. As it stands, these people simply cannot be trusted based on past history.. End of the day, the current – worldwide – anti whistleblower trend is dangerous and completely in opposition to modern ideals. Hard won freedoms of the last couple of centuries are at stake. One can only presume that what we’ve seen is the tip of the iceberg. Australia’s form in this area given the current shenanigans around the “Afghan Files” also serious concern, although it appears at least that there has been some sort of internal process to investigate before these came to public light.

Is it Zondor lamenting the entire concept of extradition – prisoners should stay in their own states and not relocate.

My only other guess is Pykie, who will touch on Assange for 1-2 mins and then give us a run down or all finalists in the Walkley Young Journalist of the year aware from 2015 onwards and explain why each and every one of them will be better than Assange ever was as a journalist.

BTW - That Apache video is – still – an absolute disgrace. On par with the sort of behaviour that western nations pontificate about for the last 75 years since the end of WW2 as being unacceptable. I can see the argument about protecting assets on the ground, however it’s hard to take this seriously when the bodies in charge took no action on these acts. These people are murderers and were protected. If the US had openly prosecuted these people before it was even exposed I’d have more time for this argument, if they’d done what they should at the same time as they tried to plug the leaks – maybe ok. As it stands, these people simply cannot be trusted based on past history.. End of the day, the current – worldwide – anti whistleblower trend is dangerous and completely in opposition to modern ideals. Hard won freedoms of the last couple of centuries are at stake. One can only presume that what we’ve seen is the tip of the iceberg. Australia’s form in this area given the current shenanigans around the “Afghan Files” also serious concern, although it appears at least that there has been some sort of internal process to investigate before these came to public light.
If you think it’s only to do with war files... I dont know man. https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...t-french-tv-crew-charged/11330776?pfmredir=sm

If you think it’s only to do with war files... I dont know man. https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...t-french-tv-crew-charged/11330776?pfmredir=sm

Absolutely it's not. I understand people not liking Assange, I don't think he's all that likeable myself, but my views on press freedom and whistleblower protection don't change because the messenger isn't to my liking. People talk about him "deserving" jail because they don't like how he acts - it is Stasi esque mentality. Punish the acts, don't decide you don't like your dirty laundry being exposed and then find an excuse to punish the person.

Absolutely it's not. I understand people not liking Assange, I don't think he's all that likeable myself, but my views on press freedom and whistleblower protection don't change because the messenger isn't to my liking. People talk about him "deserving" jail because they don't like how he acts - it is Stasi esque mentality. Punish the acts, don't decide you don't like your dirty laundry being exposed and then find an excuse to punish the person.
Completely agree, it’s pretty clear Assange is on the spectrum of autism and people clash with his personality.
He’s also had years of the worlds intel agencies slandering him thru the media. That’s a PR problem thou and unrelated to his work with Wikileaks.

it’s a simple concept in the end. If reporting on a crime is a criminal offence, you are run by criminals.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Its a *en disgrace is what it is.

I can't believe people bang on about free speech and you *en tube and sit silently by while this country turns into a police state before our eyes.

We have a Qld copper who was trained before the Fitzgerald enquiry (when "whatever it takes" was the wholesale attitude of that pack of campaigners regardless of the corruption issues) in charge of nationwide secret police force in a country where adverse reporting on the government is now technically illegal.

I wonder if we've had our last federal election. #yearzero

Its a fu**en disgrace is what it is.

I can't believe people bang on about free speech and you fu**en tube and sit silently by while this country turns into a police state before our eyes.

We have a Qld copper who was trained before the Fitzgerald enquiry (when "whatever it takes" was the wholesale attitude of that pack of campaigners regardless of the corruption issues) in charge of nationwide secret police force in a country where adverse reporting on the government is now technically illegal.

I wonder if we've had our last federal election. #yearzero
The problem is people only want free speech one way. It’s not a grey area, we either have it or we don’t. And you don’t applaud when someone’s been shouted down.

Israel Folau is a perfect example of this. I hate the church and everything it stands for but I shake my head at the likes of Cameron Joyce, who moved heaven and earth to remove him.
it’s always the case, beware the same tactics you use, will be used against you in the future.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back