Wikileaks founder and good North man Julian Assange

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the main German TV channels (ZDF) ran two prime-time segments on Wednesday night exposing authorities in Sweden for having “made up” the story about Julian Assange being a rapist.

“… This is not only about protecting Assange, but about preventing a precedent likely to seal the fate of Western democracy. For once telling the truth has become a crime, while the powerful enjoy impunity, it will be too late to correct the course. We will have surrendered our voice to censorship and our fate to unrestrained tyranny.”

One of the main German TV channels (ZDF) ran two prime-time segments on Wednesday night exposing authorities in Sweden for having “made up” the story about Julian Assange being a rapist.

“… This is not only about protecting Assange, but about preventing a precedent likely to seal the fate of Western democracy. For once telling the truth has become a crime, while the powerful enjoy impunity, it will be too late to correct the course. We will have surrendered our voice to censorship and our fate to unrestrained tyranny.”

You might be interested in this if you missed it DR:

Full interview with Nils Melzer, the UN appointed Special Rapporteur on Torture.

Appallingly stitched up, abused and forgotten.

So much for human rights eh?

Switzerland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x infinity >>>>>>>>>>> Australia

Folks should wake up to the fact that we live in a joke of a country.

Did we ever establish if Julian is in fact the least bit interested in NMFC in any way since he may have attended some games back in the 90's?
Either way l applaud all those highlighting this travesty that he and Chelsea Manning are enduring for exposing the truth.

would an Australian Polly with the balls of Corbyn please stand up.
Asking a bit much there, mate.
Nobody gave David Hicks a hand.
Australian pollies are as weak as p155 when it comes to helping out Australians caught up in something o/s. The only one with any sort of balls at all was Julie Bishop. Fat lot of help she was to JA.

theage.com

Australian MPs Andrew Wilkie and George Christensen will visit Julian Assange in a London prison and put pressure on the Morrison government to lobby Britain and the United States for his freedom.
Accusing the government of abandoning the WikiLeaks founder, Mr Wilkie, a former intelligence official, said Mr Assange had "almost no political patronage" from Australians despite the issue becoming a high-profile one in the United Kingdom.
The unlikely political alliance of the Tasmanian independent MP and Mr Christensen, a conservative Liberal-National Party MP from north Queensland, has grown into a 14-member Parliamentary Friends of Julian Assange group.
Apart from Mr Christensen it has no other government members. Both the Coalition and Labor have been reluctant to voice public support for the Australian activist.

theage.com

Australian MPs Andrew Wilkie and George Christensen will visit Julian Assange in a London prison and put pressure on the Morrison government to lobby Britain and the United States for his freedom.
Accusing the government of abandoning the WikiLeaks founder, Mr Wilkie, a former intelligence official, said Mr Assange had "almost no political patronage" from Australians despite the issue becoming a high-profile one in the United Kingdom.
The unlikely political alliance of the Tasmanian independent MP and Mr Christensen, a conservative Liberal-National Party MP from north Queensland, has grown into a 14-member Parliamentary Friends of Julian Assange group.
Apart from Mr Christensen it has no other government members. Both the Coalition and Labor have been reluctant to voice public support for the Australian activist.
Get a free holiday in London with business class flights and pretend you're doing something to help an Aussie with no likelihood of being successful. I suppose pollies have to do something in their spare time.

20 hours plus in a plane not my idea of fun then getting off in London even worse.
I don't like the idea of the plane either, but I've never been in the pointy end to see if the ride's a bit easier.
I'd sit in economy if I was getting paid to travel around Europe and double dip by claiming anything spent on tax.
London's fine if you just visit Julian for 10 mins and then travel on to Ireland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First class is no better. Still in a confined space with stinky people, some chatalots and food served from who knows where.
Switzerland is the place tho. see post # 378 ^
Suisse is best, agreed and Julian may be heading there as well. It would be great to all meet up at the Matterhorn and share a Toblerone.
That's bad luck about first class pax having to breathe the same air as me down the other end.
I'm not sure if children would be allowed to sit next to the type of people I imagine are in those front seats - I think they would kick up a bigger stink than a baby with a dirty nappy.

Did anyone ever to get to speak to Julian when he was in the embassy for 7 years.
I tried and there was a bloke at a desk on the same floor as the embassy preventing visitors from going any further. He said even Australian embassy staff were turned away from seeing him. Isolated and imprisoned. The police were eventually invited in...bastards. A year for skipping bail my arse.
One of the cops surrounding the building was worried about the cost, which was nice of him.
If diplomats weren't such ignoramuses then Julian wouldn't have had anything to leak.

Did anyone ever to get to speak to Julian when he was in the embassy for 7 years.
I tried and there was a bloke at a desk on the same floor as the embassy preventing visitors from going any further. He said even Australian embassy staff were turned away from seeing him. Isolated and imprisoned. The police were eventually invited in...bastards. A year for skipping bail my arse.
One of the cops surrounding the building was worried about the cost, which was nice of him.
If diplomats weren't such ignoramuses then Julian wouldn't have had anything to leak.

Pretty sure he had a conjugal visit from Pam Anderson

Get a free holiday in London with business class flights and pretend you're doing something to help an Aussie with no likelihood of being successful. I suppose pollies have to do something in their spare time.

Andrew Wilkie paid for his own ticket to London

Andrew Wilkie paid for his own ticket to London
That's interesting. I wonder if politicians all pay for their tickets to London to visit Julian and then don't claim it as a tax deduction, rather doing it out of the goodness of their heart and generosity of their spirit. Unless you'd told me that Andrew paid for his own ticket I would never have believed it...I didn't even know politicians had a heart. I suppose that's what happened to me after living in Julie Bishop's electorate for too long.
Maybe I've also been told lies that Julian has been in isolation in jail for most of the last year and faces 175 years if found guilty in the US?

Independent MP Andrew Wilkie writes about his alarming visit with Julian Assange in Belmarsh Prison.

“Today’s 90 minute visit to Julian Assange in London’s Belmarsh Prison was an alarming experience. The place is everything you’d expect of a supermax jail and the process of entering and departing was security on steroids. Just the place for a supervillain.
Once inside we waited. And waited. And waited.
Despite the half hour it took us to be processed on entry, and me being ejected temporarily because I had a small hole in the bottom of one of my suit pockets, and the fact that all the other prisoners had already been allowed into the cavernous visitors area, Julian Assange was nowhere to be seen.
But then, finally, there he was, the last prisoner to see any visitor.
Clearly the special one. No wonder he looked tired, a man under enormous pressure, not just from years of incarceration, but also for the chilling prospect of being sent to a US federal prison for the rest of his life.
The injustice in all this is profound.
Sure, people have all sorts of views about Julian Assange. But when push comes to shove none of that is relevant. The substantive matter is that Julian Assange publicised US misconduct and presented hard evidence of their war crimes.
Because at the end of the day no one should be punished for doing the right thing.”

crikey.com

Independent MP Andrew Wilkie writes about his alarming visit with Julian Assange in Belmarsh Prison.

“Today’s 90 minute visit to Julian Assange in London’s Belmarsh Prison was an alarming experience. The place is everything you’d expect of a supermax jail and the process of entering and departing was security on steroids. Just the place for a supervillain.
Once inside we waited. And waited. And waited.
Despite the half hour it took us to be processed on entry, and me being ejected temporarily because I had a small hole in the bottom of one of my suit pockets, and the fact that all the other prisoners had already been allowed into the cavernous visitors area, Julian Assange was nowhere to be seen.
But then, finally, there he was, the last prisoner to see any visitor.
Clearly the special one. No wonder he looked tired, a man under enormous pressure, not just from years of incarceration, but also for the chilling prospect of being sent to a US federal prison for the rest of his life.
The injustice in all this is profound.
Sure, people have all sorts of views about Julian Assange. But when push comes to shove none of that is relevant. The substantive matter is that Julian Assange publicised US misconduct and presented hard evidence of their war crimes.
Because at the end of the day no one should be punished for doing the right thing.”

crikey.com
‘Just the place for a supervillain.’ It’s comments like this, from lazy writers, that aren’t helpful. But great article never the less.

So Julian had every move recorded by UCGlobal while in the embassy, gonna be interesting if the tapes are released.

This circus just gets better and better.
Btw it was never a Russian hack, always a leak from an insider.

and why the fook would you want a pardon, means youve got to plead guilty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back