Wikileaks founder and good North man Julian Assange

‘Just the place for a supervillain.’ It’s comments like this, from lazy writers, that aren’t helpful. But great article never the less.

That was Wilke being a smartarse. Clearly he doesn't believe Assange is a super villain.

1582188511525.png

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is a lot of misinformation floating out there regarding my meeting with Julian Assange so let me provide some clarity on the matter:

At no time did I talk to President Trump about Julian Assange. Likewise, I was not directed by Trump or anyone else connected with him to meet with Julian Assange. I was on my own fact finding mission at personal expense to find out information I thought was important to our country. I was shocked to find out that no other member of Congress had taken the time in their official or unofficial capacity to interview Julian Assange. At no time did I offer Julian Assange anything from the President because I had not spoken with the President about this issue at all. However, when speaking with Julian Assange, I told him that if he could provide me information and evidence about who actually gave him the DNC emails, I would then call on President Trump to pardon him. At no time did I offer a deal made by the President, nor did I say I was representing the President. Upon my return, I spoke briefly with Gen. Kelly. I told him that Julian Assange would provide information about the purloined DNC emails in exchange for a pardon. No one followed up with me including Gen. Kelly and that was the last discussion I had on this subject with anyone representing Trump or in his Administration.

Even though I wasn't successful in getting this message through to the President I still call on him to pardon Julian Assange, who is the true whistleblower of our time. Finally, we are all holding our breath waiting for an honest investigation into the murder of Seth Rich.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Randy Credico, a key figure in the Roger Stone trial, on Stone’s 40-month sentence and how Stone’s lies, free liquor at London’s airport, and media spin fueled endless Russiagate falsehoods about a Trump-Wikileaks backchannel.

Roger Stone has been sentenced to 40 months in prison for lying to a Congressional investigation of Russiagate and threatening a witness, Randy Credico. Stone falsely claimed to have a secret backchannel to Wikileaks, and that Credico was his source. Stone then tried to intimidate Credico into not contradicting his falsehoods. In an exclusive interview with Pushback, Randy Credico responds to the Stone sentencing and tells the real story of what happened.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So Comey decided its was more important to keep up the Russia narrative then keep Americas arsenal of cyber weapons under lock and key.
arguably Wikileaks most damaging leaks, vault 7.

The report does not say what led Comey to intervene to ruin the talks with Assange. But it came after Assange had offered to “provide technical evidence and discussion regarding who did not engage in the DNC releases,” Solomon quotes WikiLeaks‘ intermediary with the government as saying. It would be a safe assumption that Assange was offering to prove that Russia was not WikiLeaks‘ source of the DNC emails.

If that was the reason Comey and Warner ruined the talks, as is likely, it would reveal a cynical decision to put U.S. intelligence agents and highly sophisticated cybertools at risk, rather than allow Assange to at least attempt to prove that Russia was not behind the DNC leak.

The greater risk to Warner and Comey apparently would have been if Assange provided evidence that Russia played no role in the 2016 leaks of DNC documents.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The preparatory hearing for the trial of the Swedish computer scientist Ola Bini, friend of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, will be held this Thursday, almost eleven months after he was arrested on suspicion of having "attacked" Ecuadorian servers.
Sources around Bini, 37 years old and on probation since last June, said the hearing is scheduled for 09:30 at the Northern Judicial Complex.
"It is the third call that is made after twice the Ecuadorian justice decided not to install the diligence, expressly violating their human rights," denounced spokespersons of the computer in a statement.
Bini was arrested on April 11, 2019 when he was about to leave Quito for Japan, a few hours after Ecuador ended the asylum at its London embassy from the founder of WikiLeaks.
The computer scientist assured that he was going to martial arts practices, although the authorities considered that he was trying to flee.
The authorities accused him of having violated public and private national servants, and put him under arrest until a court found, at the end of June, that Ecuador had violated his rights and released him, but unable to leave the country.
At first, the Ecuadorian authorities also spoke of attempts to "destabilize the government" following the Assange case, which had been in the Ecuadorian embassy for almost seven years and was handed over to the British police.
In its statement, defense sources said that, on Thursday, Bini, a free software activist, will ask for "the nullity of the process and file the case," after "a constitutional court considered its detention arbitrary and illegal."
"The process has so far accumulated more than 100 violations of due process, including his illegal detention, a reformulation of charges 48 hours before the end of the fiscal investigation, having fallen into defenselessness, etc.", the notification notes.
In August, after reevaluating the case, the Ecuadorian Prosecutor's Office changed the crime of those who considered him suspected of "attack on computer systems" to "unauthorized access to computer and telematic systems", both punished deprivation of liberty.
During the process, the prosecution has tried to establish a relationship between WikiLeaks and computer activities in Ecuador, so at the time it reported more than a dozen visits from Bini to Assange at the London embassy.
For the defense, it is nevertheless unfounded accusations, and they denounce that, apart from the 71 days he was under pretrial detention, which was widely criticized by several human rights NGOs, Bini has today "326 days with his frozen accounts, 326 days suspending professional trips and 206 days without trial

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
Bigger problems in the world than to worry about this criminal.

He was a known hacker before this last incident involving Wikileaks.

Should have manned up years ago instead of hiding in an embassy.

I have more sympathy for my poor neighbour who has run out of toilet paper because of this virus beat up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bigger problems in the world than to worry about this criminal.

He was a known hacker before this last incident involving Wikileaks.

Should have manned up years ago instead of hiding in an embassy.

I have more sympathy for my poor neighbour who has run out of toilet paper because of this virus beat up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Imprisoned activist and former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning attempted suicide on Wednesday in the Alexandria, Virginia, jail where she’s been held for a year following her refusal to testify before a federal grand jury investigating WikiLeaks.

Back