FTA-TV Wild Boys gonski

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
I watched nearly one episode of Wild Boys and found it to be a western set in Australia with nothing new , same faces same exageration, handsome bandids good looking woman , but , NOTHING NEW!

Any wonder it got chopped, no producers seem to have any imagination or
good ideas these days, every thing is the same or a repeat idea, how many American cop shows and lawyer shows can we put up with.

Shows like Tangle and Off Spring and the Slap you have to search around for
hardly any advertising or promotion for good quality.
But the crap is everywhere,

Even the movies make remake after remake, wheres the new stuff.

THRILLHO

Most Cromulent Poster
Apr 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I never saw an episode but from the promos I thought it just looked like colonial Packed to the Rafters.

Channel 7 never takes a chance with their dramas. They hit on a winning formula in Packed to the Rafters and now seem very reluctant to deviate from it. From what I've read, the guy who created Rafters has been commissioned to make another drama for 7. As if Winners and Losers (aka Packed to the Rafters for single, young females) wasn't enough.

I watched nearly one episode of Wild Boys and found it to be a western set in Australia with nothing new , same faces same exageration, handsome bandids good looking woman , but , NOTHING NEW!

You nearly watched one whole episode?!?!?!?! :eek::p

Im embarrassed enough to admit I watched about 5 minutes of that rubbish. :eek:

Underdog

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
As soon as I saw it was on at 7:30 in a PG slot and starred Dan McPherson with a manicured beard, I quite rightly stayed well away...

THRILLHO

Most Cromulent Poster
Apr 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Am I the only one who thinks a drama set in colonial Australia chronicling our bushranger history has serious promise (on the ABC)? Or is it just because I've started watching Deadwood?

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Am I the only one who thinks a drama set in colonial Australia chronicling our bushranger history has serious promise (on the ABC)? Or is it just because I've started watching Deadwood?

Yeh but it would have to be really violent for it to be good. They had a great movie on SBS on Saturday night called Van Diemen's Land about that cannibal Tassie escaped convict Alexander Pearce - the Huon Valley looked incredibly haunting and scarey

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Some kind of Deadwood+The Proposition amalgamation would be epic. Would need to be at a very late timeslot though so as not to offend Australian sensibilities.

To THRILLHO, I also got into Deadwood recently. Almost finished Season 2 and it's depressing to realise there's only 1 more season left. As a huge Western fan I'm bewildered at how long it took me to find it :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tazzietiger

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeh but it would have to be really violent for it to be good. They had a great movie on SBS on Saturday night called Van Diemen's Land about that cannibal Tassie escaped convict Alexander Pearce - the Huon Valley looked incredibly haunting and scarey

Thats a true story.

Wild boys wasn't that great saw the first episode didn't really struck me as a show to keep watching.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Thats a true story.

Wild boys wasn't that great saw the first episode didn't really struck me as a show to keep watching.

I know - Bob Hughes Fatal Shore and Paul Collins Hell's Gates are the best books on the subject

Feerits Elf

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 28, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
St Kilda
ScumbagJoondalup.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back