Wildcat's in deep $hit

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon its a tie between Grace,Mcdonald,Hayes and Woodberry but for a sustained performance over a long period over time I would give it to Grace even though I reckon Mcdonald is the better player.Just because Heal brings the ball down the court does not mean he is a point guard,if it did the argument would be over because Gaze would be the best.:rolleyes:

Get a clue

Did any of you experts ever see Phil Smyth ever play at his peak?

He was the point guard with all the tools, and the Americans even talked about him.

Re: Get a clue

Originally posted by Asgardian
Did any of you experts ever see Phil Smyth ever play at his peak?

He was the point guard with all the tools, and the Americans even talked about him.

never saw him play at his peak...
saw him play with the boomers at the 92' olympics...

his claim to fame, (in the eyes of the americans), was his refusal to play against Magic Johnson... and probably his uncanny resemblence to monty burns...

As a Cannons fan since the beginning of the League, I can tell you that Phil Smyth, would probably get Point Guard of the Century if their was such a award. He may not be as flashy as D-Mac, Grace and co, but he was every bit as skillful, and his ability to control the tempo of the game was masterly. He lead the Cannons to three Championships in the Leagues first ten years, and I think should be given more respect.

As for Grace V D-Mac, I'd give to Grace if only because he has been one of the top players in the League for so long. It was so long ago I can't remember when he first played in Australia. D-Mac is great player and has brought a great deal to his club and the league over a pretty lengthy period himself, but it feels as if Grace has been here since year dot, and if he plays the remainder of the season like he did on the weekend, then Perth will again make the playoffs.

Originally posted by DEVO
As a Cannons fan since the beginning of the League, I can tell you that Phil Smyth, would probably get Point Guard of the Century if their was such a award. He may not be as flashy as D-Mac, Grace and co, but he was every bit as skillful, and his ability to control the tempo of the game was masterly. He lead the Cannons to three Championships in the Leagues first ten years, and I think should be given more respect.

As for Grace V D-Mac, I'd give to Grace if only because he has been one of the top players in the League for so long. It was so long ago I can't remember when he first played in Australia. D-Mac is great player and has brought a great deal to his club and the league over a pretty lengthy period himself, but it feels as if Grace has been here since year dot, and if he plays the remainder of the season like he did on the weekend, then Perth will again make the playoffs.

Well i think Smyth was a better player than he is a coach. He did win three titles and whilst not really being a scoring threat or a defensive stopper, he did know how to control a game and marshall his troops. Much like Grace of today but Grace can score thats why i think Grace is the best point guard in the history of the NBL, he has also led the Wildcats to an unprecedented 4 NBL titles! Still the jury is out right now on whether or not Grace can again lead us to Playoff action but i have faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back