Boxing Wilder vs Fury II | Saturday 22 Feb 2020 (Sunday Aus time)

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Boy oh boy, wowee, what an epic fight we might have on our hands here.

Just looked at the odds* and saw something a little strange...

Wilder Fury odds at 1pm 20-Feb-2020.png

*Gambling should only be for fun, you'll almost certainly lose in the long run, don't bet what you can't afford lose, etc etc

Both fighters paying above $2, presumably due to the chance of another draw.

As somebody who seriously considered betting on the draw last time around but thought better of it (sad face) I find this intriguing to say the least.

What are your thoughts on the fight?

Will we see Wilder KO the Gypsy King for good this time?

Or will Fury's redemption arc come to its inevitable (?) completion with a glorious 12-round win on points?

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Can't see it being a draw. It's either Fury on points or Wilder with a stoppage - unless they have the same judges as last time, of course.

Either way there will be a trilogy fight, guaranteed.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fury cut may prove to be an issue.
Don't think a Wilder decision is as far fetched as it people believe either. All American judges, in America. 3rd fight signed already, rematch at Wembley?

Wilder for me as my pick but absolutely 0 confidence. Great fight, looking forward to this as much as any sporting event the last 2-3 years I think

Fury cut may prove to be an issue.
Don't think a Wilder decision is as far fetched as it people believe either. All American judges, in America. 3rd fight signed already, rematch at Wembley?

Fury is happy to continue fighting in the US, don't think we'll ever see him back in the UK.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fury is happy to continue fighting in the US, don't think we'll ever see him back in the UK.
I think Fury says whatever keeps people happy at the time. He says every fight he's going to knock his opponent out yet never goes for KO's, ever.

While he's fighting in America, he'll say that but I'd bet he'd be keen on a huge sold-out stadium back home for the trilogy if it were to be proposed.

I think Fury says whatever keeps people happy at the time. He says every fight he's going to knock his opponent out yet never goes for KO's, ever.

While he's fighting in America, he'll say that but I'd bet he'd be keen on a huge sold-out stadium back home for the trilogy if it were to be proposed.

From how I've interpreted stuff in the media, there's not much love lost. He's glad there's no UK judges for this fight. He prefers the treatment he gets in the states vs UK.

He could have fought his last 2 fights in UK but fought in the US despite residing in UK.

Not saying it's never going to happen but he talks down fighting in the UK a lot there's no need to.

said he has three fights left in him Wilder, Joshua and finishing up with Chisora again but at Old Trafford

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

said he has three fights left in him Wilder, Joshua and finishing up with Chisora again but at Old Trafford

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Sauce? (Happy to be wrong)

Wilder may not be a great boxer, but I think he is slowly becoming more than a sledgehammer. His effort in the Ortiz rematch showed that he's learning, and I think he'll give Fury some pain in this one.

Wilder by KO, round 9.

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m going for Fury, purely on personality.

will he go for the knockout punch because of his concern with his eye? big punching is not his style being more of a counter puncher so l doubt it.

But If he goes to counter is he going to hang around and possibly have his eye open up?

l think for him to win he has to fight his natural style and counter but don’t hold back on his punches, he could commit a little more with his extension but again thats not his comfort zone.

all those things considered l believe wilder will win, too many question marks on Fury changing styles his game plan and his natural fighting style. But then again he is the unknown master and that scared wilder.

Back