Boxing Wilder vs Fury II | Saturday 22 Feb 2020 (Sunday Aus time)

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
why i lose my holiday fund betting second round ko then?
Conor McGregor wants to fight 4x this year too. Definitely does, changed attitude now and all that...
Eddie Hearn wants Fury next for AJ (despite Pulev mandatory and Wilder rematch most likely)

There are infinite examples of fighters and promoters saying things for promotion's sake; if you put any merit in it, 99% of the time you'll be disappointed...

why i lose my holiday fund betting second round ko then?
Predicting the actual round is some mystic Mac s**t but he told the world he’d come forward and knock him out and people laughed well old pillow fist did it.

IronMike

All Australian
Jul 22, 2010
Locked up in Don King's basement.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Collingwood
Conor McGregor wants to fight 4x this year too. Definitely does, changed attitude now and all that...
Eddie Hearn wants Fury next for AJ (despite Pulev mandatory and Wilder rematch most likely)

There are infinite examples of fighters and promoters saying things for promotion's sake; if you put any merit in it, 99% of the time you'll be disappointed...

Depends on the promoter too. Eddie makes Don King look like the pope. The guy is an A grade flog. I don't trust a single word that comes out of his slimy mouth.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
you sir are my hero
I think it was you who said Ferg R4 & 5 was a good bet? Odds are insane, well worth a stab. I'm on either to win $500
Unlikely but for the price of a few beers & that being Fergs most likely path to victory (taking over late) it's really good value.

I want better odds to play him straight win. He was $2.80 last time the fight was scheduled. I don't think he's done enough since to be shorter odds...

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
I think it was you who said Ferg R4 & 5 was a good bet? Odds are insane, well worth a stab. I'm on either to win $500
Unlikely but for the price of a few beers & that being Fergs most likely path to victory (taking over late) it's really good value.

I want better odds to play him straight win. He was $2.80 last time the fight was scheduled. I don't think he's done enough since to be shorter odds...
You can get $3.15 on Betfair. He got out to as much as $3.30 I believe. But I wouldn’t play him straight up. I think there will be more value live-betting him after round 1. This is what I’m going to do anyway. You have to think it’s highly likely Khabib wins the 1st round. Might be able to get $4-4.50 doing this

I read today that Wilder partly blames his misfortune on the weight of his pre-fight outfit, which apparently drained him before he made it into the ring. He's also on the verge of sacking Mark Breland, for having the temerity to save Wilder's health by throwing in the towel.

It's always hard to lose, but some Wilder seems keen to make it look harder than it has to be.

Wilder and his coaches minus the guy who threw in the towel are absolute idiots blaming an outfit for losing * me you’ve fought 19 rounds against fury and at best won 2 of them one trick pony his coaches have failed him by not teaching him more and he’s failed by not listening.

Should leave and go to a new camp but after all the s**t he talked about fury doing it I doubt it.

According to the bloke who threw in the towel wilder doesn’t listen to instructions in the gym or fight night and the main guy is just a yes man

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
In fairness, Wilder's outfit did seem heavy, and it was a long walk, whereas The Gypsy King was carried out while sitting on a throne.

Not really fair when you think about it.

Wilder wore this out to the ring when he knocked Ortiz the * out

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Wilder is really not covering himself in glory with all these silly excuses.

I thought his immediate post match comments were fairly gracious but it's all been downhill since then.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not to be that guy but I'm astounded by how many people (a lot of "experts" as well) were so shocked with that result.

Ortiz (at 40) was well on his way to beating him convincingly until he got slept and there was no chance Fury was going to be caught off guard by Wilders power a second time.

Not to be that guy but I'm astounded by how many people (a lot of "experts" as well) were so shocked with that result.

Ortiz (at 40) was well on his way to beating him convincingly until he got slept and there was no chance Fury was going to be caught off guard by Wilders power a second time.

How was I to know that Wilder would weigh himself down with such a hefty pre-fight outfit? My prediction would have been considerably different with that information.

During training he should've slowly walked around the block every evening with a sack of flour on his shoulder and with a ski mask on.

Boxers are renowned for their quirks, so Deontay wouldn't have seemed too odd by indulging in his love of costume.

But maybe his real problem was the 40km worth of pacing he did in his dressing room before the fight, or the extra weight he was carrying to balance against his bigger opponent. I'm not sure he hadn't psyched himself out of the fight before it began.

Chubberson

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 12, 2011
radelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
HW Boxers are a laugh, new video. "It's me, your King" blah blah blah. Wilder thinks he's in Wakanda. If Fury keeps on track and manages to get a little fitter each showing this year we are in for a treat.

Back