Toast Wilkie signs 2 year extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could have KPD's coming out of every orifice once everyone is back on the park. Even assuming Brown doesn't play next year, we have Battle, Wilkie, Carlisle, Joyce, and Clavarino. There's the potential Roberton plays on (albeit extremely unlikely), and we also have the option of keeping Marsh/Rowe (if he arrives).

We couldn't even throw Battle up forward when we have room taken by Bruce, Membrey, King, McCartin (unlikely), and maybe even Marshall (if we opt to play another ruckman).

Didn't we pick up a mature aged player from West Adelaide @ pick 55 about 15 years ago who went on to be an AA back for us?

Well seems like we might have snagged another.

Apologies for slight correction

Could have KPD's coming out of every orifice once everyone is back on the park. Even assuming Brown doesn't play next year, we have Battle, Wilkie, Carlisle, Joyce, and Clavarino. There's the potential Roberton plays on (albeit extremely unlikely), and we also have the option of keeping Marsh/Rowe (if he arrives).

I really like Wilkie too, but I doubt he would ever be a KPD. I think he has the makings of a superb flanker though.

With Wilkie slotting in seamlessly it has meant Robo being out has not been as big a loss as it could have been. Though Wilkies's offensive game still would have to improve a lot to match Robbos.

But for a 4 gamer. Wow!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well deserved! Makes the likely impending Roberton retirement at the end of the year a little less painful.

Great Stuff well done Saints
He is a ripper

Fully deserved.

Remember a mature aged North Adelaide backman we got @ about pick 55 15 years ago?

Hope this bloke is half as good. Seems just as composed.

Got a big wrap by Robbo as his hero of the round on AFL360 Monday night.

We got hot about Parker Hind etc and this bloke has come from the clouds.

Great story.

After reading up on this guy and watching his highlight after the draft, I just could not believe that he made it to the rookie draft. I was more excited with him than any of our draftees besides Max.

To come in, cement your spot and get a two year deal after just 4 games of footy is an amazing effort.

Well done, looking forward to watching his career with the Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back