Toast Wilkie signs 2 year extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

After reading up on this guy and watching his highlight after the draft, I just could not believe that he made it to the rookie draft. I was more excited with him than any of our draftees besides Max.

To come in, cement your spot and get a two year deal after just 4 games of footy is an amazing effort.

Well done, looking forward to watching his career with the Saints.

It's a really great story......….I myself can't believe that we found some gold so quickly from the rookie draft.

Great stuff Callum....a huge congrats.

Great to see the club on the front foot so quickly .

List manager Gallagher? Being a South Australian himself he followed Wilkie closely? Wilkie is a South Australian by memory?

Think someone mentioned Lade told the club about him actually. Not certain though.
Anyway, whoever it was...great find.

Think someone mentioned Lade told the club about him actually. Not certain though.
Anyway, whoever it was...great find.

You just have to wonder. How many more Tim Kelly/Matt Parker/Wilkie types are out there not playing AFL. Its an extremely tough ask to expect an 18-19 year to be a professional athlete. Not to mention some players mature and peak later (Sam Collins is a decent example).

A couple of successful mature aged bargain picks sure can make a big difference to the list!

You just have to wonder. How many more Tim Kelly/Matt Parker/Wilkie types are out there not playing AFL. Its an extremely tough ask to expect an 18-19 year to be a professional athlete. Not to mention some players mature and peak later (Sam Collins is a decent example).

A couple of successful mature aged bargain picks sure can make a big difference to the list!

Agree. And we should look for more next year because we still have so many young players developing.

KPB and HBF stocks are well and truely healthy at present
Amazingly we were up s**t creek in R1 with Jake and Robbo out indefinitely and Brown suspended.

A month later we have Wilkie great guns, Jono Marsh pushing for selection, Rowe as backup, Clav coming back from injury and Jake back in rehab.

Amazingly we were up s**t creek in R1 with Jake and Robbo out indefinitely and Brown suspended.

A month later we have Wilkie great guns, Jono Marsh pushing for selection, Rowe as backup, Clav coming back from injury and Jake back in rehab.
Yeah and I reckon we might have pulled an unplanned sneaky with the recruitment of Marsh. He was probably considered by a few as an "in the pipe recruit" but we've managed to jump early.

And don’t forget Joyce. Was pretty good in the earlier rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back