Votes: 9 14.5%
  • No less than 7 wins

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Suns best finish is 10-12 in 2014.
Will they rocket up the ladder now that they have players that want to be here and finish perhaps with 8/9/or even 10/11 wins?

How is the list looking before the kids get drafted, once the draft is done its all about how these new kids are miracle workers.

Big fan of Stewy, go for it :thumbsu: ... 2 x Q sides for the finals YES ...

Fingers crossed the suns have a year delivering glimpses of promise and stealing a few moral boosting wins.

This will build belief for the years ahead

good luck suns

rocking the clubs devotion to gaining the long lost loves of good players...

head on shoulders and not gonna punk the system...

shambolic and diabolical... run Smitty run...

Oh yeah.

No free games for players next year.

They finally have depth; Holman Hombsch Hanley McLennan Wright Joyce Dawson Miller Miles Flanders are all chances to be solid contributors next year. Potentially none of them are best 22.

That kind of depth is so huge. Means hacks like Corey Ellis, Horlin-Smith, Murdoch, Young don’t get games just because they’re fit and experienced, means first years don’t get games when they aren’t physically ready.

When they weren’t ravaged by injury they went like 3-3 this year. If they can maintain respectable footy and effort until round 20 or so this year they’ll win 7-8 games.

Seriously promising signs for the Suns

Won't be our best year, 10 wins would be a massive jump from 3, but I loved our drafting strategy this year, bringing in ready made players.

Rowell, Anderson and Rankine probably all Rd 1 next year and there seems to be a positive aura about the club that we haven't had for sometime.

If we can stay fit I reckon 5-6 wins is achievable and would be a good year for us.

Expecting Bowes and Ainsworth to take massive steps next year in their 4th years.

Won't be our best year, 10 wins would be a massive jump from 3, but I loved our drafting strategy this year, bringing in ready made players.

Rowell, Anderson and Rankine probably all Rd 1 next year and there seems to be a positive aura about the club that we haven't had for sometime.

If we can stay fit I reckon 5-6 wins is achievable and would be a good year for us.

Expecting Bowes and Ainsworth to take massive steps next year in their 4th years.
Be great if your 'club' could pick itself up rather than relying on daddy AFL to give you even more handouts... after you butchered the first lot.

Be great if your 'club' could pick itself up rather than relying on daddy AFL to give you even more handouts... after you butchered the first lot.
Well after the previous regime (which the AFL had a hand in) ran our 'club' into the ground something needed to happen.

We got handouts, like Melbourne did, like Hawthorn did, like Carlton did for poor on field performance over an extended period of time. Honestly, I thought it was way too much, but then I am not making the decisions.

As far as handouts go, (not on the same level though) didn't your club just go cap in hand to the AFL for extra coin to keep Tim Kelly at the Cats?

Also doesn't your club go to the state government for money to add onto a stadium that gets used 9 times a year for footy?

You lads aren't earning everything through hard work either.

Well after the previous regime (which the AFL had a hand in) ran our 'club' into the ground something needed to happen.

We got handouts, like Melbourne did, like Hawthorn did, like Carlton did for poor on field performance over an extended period of time. Honestly, I thought it was way too much, but then I am not making the decisions.

As far as handouts go, (not on the same level though) didn't your club just go cap in hand to the AFL for extra coin to keep Tim Kelly at the Cats?

Also doesn't your club go to the state government for money to add onto a stadium that gets used 9 times a year for footy?

You lads aren't earning everything through hard work either.
We're not being handed draft picks outside any established system. The AFL just gave you draft picks. They gave them to you because you're a franchise they want to get off the ground, and you've been a complete travesty. Without an existing system in place, the AFL would be far less eager to give such assistance to struggling Victorian clubs. The picks given to Hawthorn and Carlton you mentioned were through a system that has long been abolished. Now the AFL just picks and chooses on a whim who gets assistance in the form of compromising the draft and by what extent, and it seems they'll be far more willing to do it for a new interstate club than a traditional one.

Compromising drafts to give clubs a leg up is not akin to a club like Geelong leveraging its position to shore up its finances. Geelong is a club in a precarious position that has always struggled with financial stability, but has got itself through hard times through hard work and utilising existing connections and resources. That's what all clubs, particularly those that aren't as affluent as the big few, need to do. They don't just go to the AFL begging for assistance because they've been perpetually incompetent at managing all aspects of their operation since inception. Might do them some good to get off the AFL teet. Built a sense of independence and self-sufficiency. Could galvanize the club.

We're not being handed draft picks outside any established system. The AFL just gave you draft picks. They gave them to you because you're a franchise they want to get off the ground, and you've been a complete travesty. Without an existing system in place, the AFL would be far less eager to give such assistance to struggling Victorian clubs. The picks given to Hawthorn and Carlton you mentioned were through a system that has long been abolished. Now the AFL just picks and chooses on a whim who gets assistance in the form of compromising the draft and by what extent, and it seems they'll be far more willing to do it for a new interstate club than a traditional one.

Compromising drafts to give clubs a leg up is not akin to a club like Geelong leveraging its position to shore up its finances. Geelong is a club in a precarious position that has always struggled with financial stability, but has got itself through hard times through hard work and utilising existing connections and resources. That's what all clubs, particularly those that aren't as affluent as the big few, need to do. They don't just go to the AFL begging for assistance because they've been perpetually incompetent at managing all aspects of their operation since inception. Might do them some good to get off the AFL teet. Built a sense of independence and self-sufficiency. Could galvanize the club.
Your tears taste delicious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite novel to discuss the Suns as a football team rather than as an asset of the AFL.
I don’t think GC will top 2014 in 2020. I think another bottom 4 finish is to be expected to be completely honest.
But, if all goes well, 2021 could be a year of great improvement for them.

I’m usually wrong though so based on that back them in to either shoot up the ladder in 2020 or continue to languish for years to come.

Quite novel to discuss the Suns as a football team rather than as an asset of the AFL.
I don’t think GC will top 2014 in 2020. I think another bottom 4 finish is to be expected to be completely honest.
But, if all goes well, 2021 could be a year of great improvement for them.

I’m usually wrong though so based on that back them in to either shoot up the ladder in 2020 or continue to languish for years to come.

Suns finishing bottom 4 next year is a certainty I would of thought.

Clearly the worst team heading in 2020 and they're not even pretending otherwise, they've chosen to head to the draft and play the long game instead of trading in mature age stars... Their plan is to build for a genuine tilt at finals in 2-3 years time.

It would need to be. Or close to it. Another year in the bottom 2, and Dew would be nervous. That would be 3 years in a row. If I was a Suns fan, I wouldn't tolerate that. Need to start seeing some results, particularly with all their high draft picks. Not convinced though that Dew is the guy to take them forward.

Will be the year they get folded and moved to Tassie, so yes, best ever year coming up

Mmmmnup, HQ are hell bent on "growing" support for Aus footy in RL heartland - this is a long long long haul that may never come off.

What is certain to be on the nose of the Tas locals is a relocated club "representing". Go to any Tas thread, the thoughts of a relocated club has a sour taste.

Mmmmnup, HQ are hell bent on "growing" support for Aus footy in RL heartland - this is a long long long haul that may never come off.

What is certain to be on the nose of the Tas locals is a relocated club "representing". Go to any Tas thread, the thoughts of a relocated club has a sour taste.

When I say "moved" I mean delete from existence and a new club started, I guess. Pretend the sun's failed experiment never happened

Back