Will Ben Brown win a Coleman Medal

Will Ben Brown win a Coleman Medal

• Yes

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think this season was his best and final chance to win one. Think he is too unselfish to win one, gives away quite a lot of chances at goal, unlike say Jack Riewoldt. It's a real pity as he seems like a genuinely good guy and I wanted him to win it.

Rotten luck for him and North that Cameron and the Giants played The Suns in the final round.
Cameron played 3 less games.

It is unfortunate for him. Kennedy has been pipped a few times as well, know how it feels as a club supporter.

Ultimately, Cameron had been thereabouts a few times and was arguably due for a Coleman.

If GWS remain competitive Cameron will be very hard to beat in the next few years. He kicked at under 60% accuracy, missed a couple of games and still managed to win it. If he can improve his accuracy and avoid injury and suspension, he's capable of kicking 80+ imo.

Had an unbelievable year at any rate - I don't care about the Gold Coast thing, Benny only jagged 2.3 against them and 0.4 against the Pies.

Gets the absolute best out of himself and shits off Wayne Carey and oppo fans so huge tick from me, * yas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot hinges on how North build their side. If Goldy goes and GWS grab Sauce from the Crows, Jeremy Cameron will be very hard to beat.

Don't think he will get one, but that's fine, he's ultra consistent and one of the best at what he does and that's about all you can ask for from a forward.

We had a bit of a weird setup this year adjusting to list changes, with no Waite, and JZs move back to the midfield we lost that dynamic they had with Brown last year, but gained 2 young goal scorers in Larkey and Zurhaar. I think next year we will be expecting a more even spread of goals between the forwards as those guys all work out their own roles in the forward half.

Fwiw I don't think any of the key forwards in the league are as selfish as the stats say. Browns apparent lack of goal assists can be attributed to his teammates not following through on opportunities, our disastrous start to the year, or simply his style of drawing defenders and bringing the contest to ground level for others to follow up on without getting a stat himself.

Ben Brown makes opposition supporters upset to an extent that I could only dream of.

Only on BigFooty would you real about a bloke kicking 60+ 3 years in a row a dud. He's the same age as Cameron, but had two years less in the system and has managed to be a Coleman contender for most of his career.

He came into North in 2014 after being passed over in three drafts and single-handedly dragged the scoreline back into North's favour in our first final. Hate him all you want, the man knows how to kick them as good as anyone. I don't know if he'll win a Coleman, but I don't really care. With so many factors like the draw, who your opposition player is, team tactics on the day, etc., all you can really hope for is that he'll keep winning us games.

Pipped again in 2019.

Strong record the last three seasons.

2017 - 63 goals finishing third behind Franklin (69) and Kennedy (65). Was only two goals behind the leader (Daniher) at the end of round 19. Kennedy missed four games.

2018 - 2nd with 61 goals behind Jack Riewoldt's 65 goals. Led the race for most of the season and was 13 goals ahead of Riewoldt with six games left.

2019 - Most likely a second place finish on 64 goals, denied the medal by Cameron's 67 majors.

Not many players in recent times have kicked 60+ in three consecutive years - only Buddy (8 consecutive years!), Josh Kennedy (5 consecutive years) and Riewoldt, which is pretty elite company. It obviously requires a lot of talent and an amount of luck to hold form and fitness.

Stiff competition in the next season or two from the new champ (Cameron), younger contenders (Lynch, Darling, Hogan, Daniher), old dogs (Buddy, Hawkins and Kennedy) and possibly a smoky in the form of a small forward (Charlie Cameron anyone?).
Brown is the same age, if not younger, than all these players.

He's a choker. Choking on lentils.

High centre of gravity supported by stilts, no wonder he tips over all the time.

Nice chap by all accounts. His wife is sick of the 3 hour foreplay sessions. Just give it to me would ya?

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back